Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

View from the Other Side: Seattle Seahawks (Merged 2X)

Om

Once again into the breach.

You know the drill by now … if you go out there for more than just reading purposes and choose to mix it up in the name of ES, please remember to act there like you'd expect them to act here. Karma and all that.

As always, if you know of any other sites that you think should be added to this list, let us know and we'll plug 'em in.

Enjoy.

:helmet:

Seahawks.com Official Team Board

(requires registration)

Net Nation (scout.com)

KFFL

:helmet:

I'm not surprised they are a confident bunch. Hey - I expect the 49ers to feel like they could steal one against us - we're just not that inspiring at this point. Hard-nosed defense and the ground game doesn't scare opposing fans. If they wanna believe that they can throw the ball all day on us - fine, let em. After a few bone-jarring hits from Taylor, their WRs will be dropping balls just like old times.

Some interesting thoughts from the SeaBirds board

"I still think it's going to be tough to win against a defense that is ranked #3 overall and will be fired up with a sold out, rabid home crowd.

One thing the Seahawks have never been good at is getting back up after a few turnovers, sacks or bad plays in the early East Coast games."

"Their defense is very good. But look at the matchup..

Great offense vs. Great Defense

Putrid offense vs. Good Defense

Seahawks will win as long as they show up. They are definitely the better team.. "

I dont know if they have a "great" offense but I can see how they would make this argument. I think it will be a close game and it will hinge on our defense causing turnovers.

Hawks 3rd Down conversion %

Skins D, 3rd Down conversion %

I think this stat is going to be the key to winning. We NEED to get back to blitzing more on 3rd downs to disrupt the offense. If we don't, we're in for a long game.

Another thing to look at is Seattle doesn't have that many 3rd down situations in the first place, they are 7th in the league with 34.

I know for the past few weeks that there has been 1 or 2 guys going to opponents website talking trash in the name of ES.....if you see this kindly tell them to stop and STFU.

We don't like trolls and neither do fans of other teams in NON-Rant forums like ES.......

We've had a few Seahawk trolls pop-up but not much (not nearly as much as DallASS trolls) and I hope that the Seahawks can say even less about Skins fans or ESers in general.

Thanks.

I would say Alexander has been great - the rest of their offense is solid. Hasselbeck was supposed to take "the next step" last year and never did. Actually, ever since he called that overtime coin toss by saying "We want the ball and we're going to win," he's been less of a QB. Karma is a powerful thing. Oh, and their wide receivers over the last two years have dropped more passes than any other set of wide outs in football.

Verdict - solid, but not great.

Om, have you ever thought about changing the tile of those threads to "Views from the Other Site"? Lame pun, I know, just thought it'd be appropriate.

Tell you what ... take that depressing bag off your head and it's a deal. :)

I respect the Seahawks and Mike Holmgren. But I just can't help but think their offensive and defensive rankings are just a tad inflated at this point.

I think they will finish the season with a top 10 offense and a top 20 defense, however.

But on the road, against our d, with our O showing signs of life.... I think its just too much to overcome.

I will revise my final score predicition in the other thread...

Washington 24

Seattle 21

http://mb25.scout.com/fseahawksinsiderfrm1.showMessage?topicID=16760.topic

Look at the post from hawkfan546 about halfway down:

the only way they have to slow down the passing game is to blitz constantly or to hope for the drops to come back that have fortunately gone awol this season. so they have to blitz. this should open huge holes for alexander to run through. i wouldnt be surprised if he got close to the same amount of yards as last week with 5-8 fewer carries. if he gets a few big runs that should also open up the air game with less pressure.

I guess it shouldn't be expected, but did he watch ANY of our games from last year? We blitzed MUCH more than we have so far this year, and we STILL STOPPED THE RUN!

Don't take home field advantage away from us either. FedEx is going to be rockin'!

He's another example of someone talking about something they don't know about:

Roma he (Springs) was not a top 2 cb last year. Your line was a great force to make qb's make bad throws and bad desicions.

If I'm not mistaken, our line didn't do a very good job putting pressure on the QB last year, so making the statement that Springs was only good because of DL play is ridiculous.

The Seahawks is like that guy who everyone says can fight, shows a little ability to box but right when he gets punched in the mouth it's all over.

:laugh:

That's great and quite true. Seeing that site and how many seahawks fans there actually are (who knew) kinda creeped me out. They are confident but I think most of them have respect for our ability (though not our record) and are wary of coming into our house. I think the 'hawks will come in and show some strength but will not be able to hang with the skins.

I didnt know there were enough Seahawk fans to make a site worthwhile.

If Marty and Spurrier (x2) could beat the Seahawks I think we should be able to fare well.

17-16 Redskins.

That just shows you how loyal we are to are team, huh?

I have tremendous respect for the Redskins and there fans, I think its a great base. I have been reading through this thread and figured that most of you are smart, and have respect for both the Hawks, and the Skins. I have also read things like this post were you blow it. Not that many Skin fans have come to the stateoffootball.com board, but when you do we treat you with respect, and we give you honest opinions. Yet the only Skin fans that have come are overconfident, and saying this is going to be a blowout. I wish good luck to both teams, and heres to a injury free game. :cheers:

I have tremendous respect for the Redskins and there fans, I think its a great base. I have been reading through this thread and figured that most of you are smart, and have respect for both the Hawks, and the Skins. I have also read things like this post were you blow it. Not that many Skin fans have come to the stateoffootball.com board, but when you do we treat you with respect, and we give you honest opinions. Yet the only Skin fans that have come are overconfident, and saying this is going to be a blowout. I wish good luck to both teams, and heres to a injury free game. :cheers:

It doesnt really matter if the fans are over confident.. does it? Yes I belive our D will knock you guys silly but then I could be wrong!! I dont believe we are going to blow anyone out, not with this Offense :-(.. But I dont see how most of you on your site think that you can come over to Fedex where you have lost over and over, a team that sucks on the road (you know its the truth) and actually say that you are going to torch us.. I see this as a close game going either way!! But what I really want is for this Defense to play like last year and knock people around silly!!

Here is to a good game :cheers:

and I almost forgot

:seahawksu

yikes man. feelings hurt much? It's just smack talk, nobody's insulting your mother. :doh:

AlFr-Stuart%20Smalley.jpg

Hello- Another Seahawk Fan here. I just wanted to say that you guys have a great message board going here. This week is going to be a great game. Of course I will be rooting for the Seahawks, I expect it to be a tough game for them. The Redskins are a tough team to beat on their home field. I just hope that the right Seahawk team shows up to play. Good luck this season!! Hope the best for the Redskins after this week. Seahawks 24 Skins 21.

We love to see opposing fans visit our message boards... Nothing but respect for others views as long as its clean.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!

He's another example of someone talking about something they don't know about:

If I'm not mistaken, our line didn't do a very good job putting pressure on the QB last year, so making the statement that Springs was only good because of DL play is ridiculous.

At work right now, so I'll make it quick:

I'm RomaVictor on scout.com, the guy who wasted entirely too much time trying to inform Seahawks fans about the team. They insist on carrying their vendetta with Springs disappointing years in Seattle over into their football analysis, with some gems like "Jackson will expose Springs for what he is--a mediocre DB" The same mediocre DB who held Owens will somehow get owned by D-Jax?! :laugh:

I never went on their with some kind of homerish stuff about our run game or passing game, I just kept it to the D but they continue to believe(or many of them do) that their O is ust going to get on a roll.

Hello- Another Seahawk Fan here. I just wanted to say that you guys have a great message board going here. This week is going to be a great game. Of course I will be rooting for the Seahawks, I expect it to be a tough game for them. The Redskins are a tough team to beat on their home field. I just hope that the right Seahawk team shows up to play. Good luck this season!! Hope the best for the Redskins after this week. Seahawks 24 Skins 21.

We love to see opposing fans visit our message boards... Nothing but respect for others views as long as its clean.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!

DUDE! I just signed on to join your message board guess what, no dice. Here I am going to see how the Seahawks get down, and you wont even let a skins fan join. that is so lame. skins win 17 - 9

Archived