Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How many yards will Portis run for?

JimmiJo

but they are 18th against the run

Yet no team has gotten 100 yards so far this year from the running back position. So unless the Redskins have a gadget play guy like Matt Jones or a QB that can scare defenses with his feet, what difference does it make? Stats are fun but they're ridiculous when taken out of context. The past two games the Seahawks have been playing with huge leads. When you're up big in football, you concede the run and protect the deep pass. What kind of idiots would have a big lead and continue to stack up the line of scrimmage against the run?

Oh I forgot. Dallas.

Portis will run well, though not early. Seattle is quick and small up front. They will create some problems until we adjust a little, slow them down and bang on them a bit. Expect something like the Bears game where the running is tough early, but starts to be taken in chunks as the game wears on.

Their defense was horrible last year. Any player worth anything had a big game against them - runningbacks and receivers. I know it's better this year, but it's not that much better. The more I look at it, the worse it looks.

They'll stack it up to stop Portis, but he'll still get 100 yards. The only way for him not to is if the Seahawks get a big lead and we are forced to pass a lot. I don't see that happening with our defense.

Moss and Patten will be open. If Brunell can get it to them, it will open up the running game and Portis will get 150 or so. Otherwise, he will "only" get 100.

Archived