Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How many yards will Portis run for?

JimmiJo

I figure its between 90-130 or so. probably on the lower end because I don't expect our offense to light it up at all. He, again, will be the only source of offense. But, if he gets 100, I expect the trend to continue, and we will get the W

I do expect portions of our offense to be money. I think the running game will be good, and I think our medium passing game will be there. Portis runs good at home. He is due.

I figure its between 90-130 or so. probably on the lower end because I don't expect our offense to light it up at all. He, again, will be the only source of offense. But, if he gets 100, I expect the trend to continue, and we will get the W

You do realize that about a 50% swing between those 2 numbers. You may as well have said between 45-90. Thats kind of a big swing.

This is going to be a break-out game for the offense. If Seattle stacks the box against Portis then Santana will be man to man down field. We all know how that will turn out. If they stay back some to protect the big play then Portis will have more room to take bigger chunks of yardage.

This game will boil down to the play-calling and oline play. I would think Gibbs would trust our downfield passing a bit more now, but we still need better pass protection.

If we get those two things to gel better than we have up to this point then it will be a long day for the cheesehawks.

I'm predicting Portis for 175, 1 TD rushing, 1 TD receiving.

Archived