Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How many yards will Portis run for?

JimmiJo

Seattle's defense #8 in the NFL....FS

The Seahawks have played some cupcake offenses so far(Jax #16, Arz #18, & Atl #22 respectively). Hell, even the Redskins are ranked higher than those three. I think Portis will run for 110 -120 with one 50+ yard run against them. I just hope at the first sign that the Seahawks try to put 8 men in the box to stuff the run, the Skins go playaction to a streaking Moss or Patten. That would certainly open things up.

:seahawksu

Realistically, this guy will run for 250-300 yards against the Seahawks

:laugh:

Cmon. Let's be realistic. Portis will surpass Emmitt Smith's rushing YD total in the first half, then he retires during halftime.

Betts then rushes for 400+ yards in the 2nd.

Cartright makes a poor showing with only 200 yards.

:)

:logo:

The Seahawks have played some cupcake offenses so far(Jax #16, Arz #18, & Atl #22 respectively). Hell, even the Redskins are ranked higher than those three. I think Portis will run for 110 -120 with one 50+ yard run against them. I just hope at the first sign that the Seahawks try to put 8 men in the box to stuff the run, the Skins go playaction to a streaking Moss or Patten. That would certainly open things up.

:seahawksu

Well said. The Seahawks' def looks pretty suspect considering they can not stop the run or stop the deep ball for that matter. Their def is ranked #8 but they have allowed 108 yards per game (average). Plus, Atlanta almost came back and beat them by running the ball.

100 + yds for this reason: the seahawks allow 108 ypg rushing. and if portis can run for over 100 on a bears defense, in my eyes which i see is better than the seahawlks defense, then portis should have no trouble finding openings and room to run. as long as the o-line is on the same page most of the game and does their job well

Portis get stuffed when opp. D stacks the line. Seattle will watch those TD bombs on film and double Moss if they are smart. This leaves one less donkey in the box all up in #26's grill. If the Seahawks respect our passing game, I think Portis goes for 110. If the stuff the box, throw deep.

Portis get stuffed when opp. D stacks the line. Seattle will watch those TD bombs on film and double Moss if they are smart. This leaves one less donkey in the box all up in #26's grill. If the Seahawks respect our passing game, I think Portis goes for 110. If the stuff the box, throw deep.

Whatever, teams didn't respect our passing game ALL of last year and Portis was still able to gain over 1300 yards. Pretty impressive. That said, Portis can get 110 yards with teams stacking the box so don't you think it's safe to say he can far eclipse that number now that we have a deep threat?

:cheers:

Whatever, teams didn't respect our passing game ALL of last year and Portis was still able to gain over 1300 yards. Pretty impressive. That said, Portis can get 110 yards with teams stacking the box so don't you think it's safe to say he can far eclipse that number now that we have a deep threat?

Right! Teams did not respect our passing game, I agree. Portis put up good number based on my standards. By his however, he said he wants more! I dig that. More yards,more time of possesion, D- gets a rest, We win. So yeah, if the 'Skins can move the pigskin in the air...then the holes should get bigger in the line and he should have a higher yards per carry average? The O-line is nasty.:cool:

If Samuels and Jansen can control the ends then CP will run for well over 100 and get two touches.. If not it will be a up to his legs and a lot of pounding for 60- 90 yards..

I think that is a very sober, accurate, assessment. I've been bugging the snot out of my buddy at work, sneaking up on him and whispering; "it's all about the line play."

The D-line has been openly challenged to step up. After 5 sacks at D I can't believe the O-line is not looking to make a statement.

This, coupled with Portis' numbers last week, as well as Seattle's poor defense of the run leads me to believe that CP will light it up Sunday. And that's why I started this thread.

I think that is a very sober, accurate, assessment. I've been bugging the snot out of my buddy at work, sneaking up on him and whispering; "it's all about the line play."

The D-line has been openly challenged to step up. After 5 sacks at D I can't believe the O-line is not looking to make a statement.

This, coupled with Portis' numbers last week, as well as Seattle's poor defense of the run leads me to believe that CP will light it up Sunday. And that's why I started this thread.

Hate to quote myself but low and behold, minutes after speculating that the O-line must feel challenged we have the following from WP:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/09/29/AR2005092902185.html

Headline:

Redskins Look to Protect, Conquer

Offensive Line Ponders Ways to Eliminate Mistakes, Limit Sacks

Nicely said. I smell a single season rushing record (at least team if not NFL) for CP.:notworthy

Archived