Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Parcells said it's worst lose EVER!

TahoeSkin

I don't know if this has been covered, but I turned to ESPN Radio and was listening to Jim Rome's show (which I rarely ever do because I can't stand him) and heard Jerry Jones say the MNF game was one of the 3 worst losses ever for him. He also said Parcells told him it was his worse loss ever. Oh, that brought a smile to my face.

:dallasuck

That's awesome.

But I bet Jim Rome sucked his brown-lone-star while 2 days ago he totally trashed Joe Gibbs.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115993

Did Rome reply with, "One of the WORST losses ever? What about playoff losses? It's week 2 Jerry, it's week 2!.....how does that loss in the preseason rank up there with your all-time losses, Coach Parcells?"

Bet not...bet he winked at Jerry and blew him a kiss for wasting time to come on his whine-fest of a show. Nazi-wannabe. He's like a chain smoker that lost his pack of cigarettes.

it was a double vindication for the gibbs and the skins.

First the skins not being able to beat the cowpies, let alone in the toilet bowl.

2nd Parcells had gibbs number for a long long long long time. I bet joe couldn't stand it in retirement that he hadn't beaten parcells since what 1987 or so?

Parcells and the Cowboys in one swipe, that is 2 large monkeys off the back... can't wait till they come to town, might have to use ebay to find some ludicrously expensive tickets.... 92,000 people screaming their heads off.... man man maaaaan!

it was a double vindication for the gibbs and the skins.

First the skins not being able to beat the cowpies, let alone in the toilet bowl.

2nd Parcells had gibbs number for a long long long long time. I bet joe couldn't stand it in retirement that he hadn't beaten parcells since what 1987 or so?

Parcells and the Cowboys in one swipe, that is 2 large monkeys off the back... can't wait till they come to town, might have to use ebay to find some ludicrously expensive tickets.... 92,000 people screaming their heads off.... man man maaaaan!

It did exorcise a lot of demons:

1) Parcells/Gibbs

2) Redskins/Cowboys (14 of 15)

3) Gibbs/MNF

Its a bad loss and those comments come off the heels of the game.

But I highly doubt, when he does finally call it quits, that Parcells would consider this his worst loss ever.

NY Jets @ Denver playoff loss in 98, without question, was worse than this.

just like with Gibbs, how can anyone else rate how he feels....

Seriously, his first ever loss after having a big lead late, a loss on national TV, against a friend and arch rival, against the team has been a thorn in your side for 1/2 your coaching career, embarrassed during a celebration "home coming" game... yes it could be one of if not his worse loss to him personally

Its a bad loss and those comments come off the heels of the game.

But I highly doubt, when he does finally call it quits, that Parcells would consider this his worst loss ever.

NY Jets @ Denver playoff loss in 98, without question, was worse than this.

wgaf? :rolleyes:

just like with Gibbs, how can anyone else rate how he feels....

Seriously, his first ever loss after having a big lead late, a loss on national TV, against a friend and arch rival, against the team has been a thorn in your side for 1/2 your coaching career, embarrassed during a celebration "home coming" game... yes it could be one of if not his worse loss to him personally

But it was week two. In the whole scheme of things, theres a whole season left.

The Jets game he was up 10 with a half to play staring at the AFC Championship.

Then, 30 minutes later, his season ended.

How about up 13 with 4 minutes to play? That has got to be a "worse loss", even if the stakes weren't as high.

I don't know if this has been covered, but I turned to ESPN Radio and was listening to Jim Rome's show (which I rarely ever do because I can't stand him) and heard Jerry Jones say the MNF game was one of the 3 worst losses ever for him. He also said Parcells told him it was his worse loss ever. Oh, that brought a smile to my face.

:dallasuck

In the sense that Bill had never lost a game in which he led 13-0 in the fourth quarter, it must have been his worst loss ever. It is, however, one loss. See ya around soon enough. I understand the reaction I'm seeing on the board...any dry spell lasting this long against what used to be a great rivalry and finally breaking said dry spell after so many years would make anyone euphoric. Hang on to it and relive it for weeks if you like....but one win is one win (and definitely better than one loss) but it ain't a SuperBowl and it ain't a divisional championship. I don't recall seeing so many threads reliving one victory on any team's board, but then I don't recall one rival being to dominated over the course of 8 years before either....take your props....keep asking for more....but there's 14 more big games left...each one bigger than the one before (if you are a playoff contender).

again you are looking at it soley as a sports equation, not "personal"..... personal losses do not know records, or season etc....

because "you think".... doesn't matter, it's what he thinks

when coaches or players are asked their greatest or worse game, moe times than not it's not the obvious answer but some obscure contest that had personal meaning to make it important to them.

again you are looking at it soley as a sports equation, not "personal"..... personal losses do not know records, or season etc....

because "you think".... doesn't matter, it's what he thinks

when coaches or players are asked their greatest or worse game, moe times than not it's not the obvious answer but some obscure contest that had personal meaning to make it important to them.

Whatever the case may be, if he did say it, again, it was said on the heels of the loss.

I take that with not a grain of salt, but a whole silo of it.

How about most embarrasing loss ever..eveyone thought that game was over from the very beginning. I'll admit..Including me.

I dont know.

This was more of a choke.

There were some pretty damn embarrassing losses last year in big D.

Yeah I think the last years Philly loss at home, the Bengal loss and the Raven loss were much more embarrassing. This one hurt more because of the rivalry, but those other three losses were embarrassing.

Archived