Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How long will we bask in this win....time to refocus??

diego1115

Once again, wtf we? Are you on the coaching staff? Do you play special teams?

"Get refocused" for Seattle?

What difference does it make if "we" are "refocused"?

The players are the ones who need to be focused. We - the fans - get to do whatever we want. You know when I'm going to start worrying about Seattle? 1:00 on October 2nd. Wins over the Cowboys are rare enough...I'm going to milk this one dry.

If you want to start worrying about the Seattle game now, by all means, go right ahead. I think you're nuts, though; I just had one of the greatest moments of my life this past Monday night, and I'll be damned if I'm not going to spend the next fortnight reliving it.

we've been 3-0 before. didn't we fall about under norv after initially going 6-0 or something? i think if we can go 7-2/6-3 after 9 games we'll be golden! :cheers:

We never went 6-0 under Norv. The second year of Spurrier was the first time the Redskins went 2-0 under anyone after Gibbs, IIRC.

The players are the ones who need to be focused. We - the fans - get to do whatever we want. You know when I'm going to start worrying about Seattle? 1:00 on October 2nd. Wins over the Cowboys are rare enough...I'm going to milk this one dry.

If you want to start worrying about the Seattle game now, by all means, go right ahead. I think you're nuts, though; I just had one of the greatest moments of my life this past Monday night, and I'll be damned if I'm not going to spend the next fortnight reliving it.

no need for the negativity man, it was just a question....

no need for the negativity man, it was just a question....

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be mean. I'm just saying, as a fan, you are afforded certain luxuries actual members of the team are not. I have no problem using "we" as a term meaning "the Redskins", because I consider fans to be part of a team's extended family. But sometimes fans get so caught up in belonging that - in my opinion - they rob themselves of some of the joys of fandom. Chief among those joys being, to savor each and every win as long as possible.

Like I said, if you want to spend the next two weeks worrying about Seattle, go right ahead. I'm just saying you'll be a lot happier if you spend it reflecting on the incredible win our team just gave us.

:cheers:

I couldn't have enjoyed the way that game played out more. That was as hard a slap of the Cowboys and their fans as you could ask for. I'm going to enjoy it for quite a while longer.

I'll let the players and coaches focus on the next game now, and I'll pay attention to it when I'm at the stadium, ready to be very very loud.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be mean. I'm just saying, as a fan, you are afforded certain luxuries actual members of the team are not. I have no problem using "we" as a term meaning "the Redskins", because I consider fans to be part of a team's extended family. But sometimes fans get so caught up in belonging that - in my opinion - they rob themselves of some of the joys of fandom. Chief among those joys being, to savor each and every win as long as possible.

Like I said, if you want to spend the next two weeks worrying about Seattle, go right ahead. I'm just saying you'll be a lot happier if you spend it reflecting on the incredible win our team just gave us.

:cheers:

its all good....and i most certainly see where your coming from....i just smell something in the air u know? a certain aura and like you said...myself, I get caught up in using the term "we" for those very same reason (basically the reason i actually made this post LOL) because that win Monday felt like OURS...fans, players, coaches, alumni....even the local media LOL. i shouldnt even have thoughts of a Joe Gibbs team bein ill prepared to play in a game after a bye LOL : :cheers:

i agree...ya know i have been a skins fan for 38 years now....to be quite frank? we have never had a team that was repeatable enough to be unbeatable....we have never had a a qb that was around for very long....and believe me....that's the start of a repeatable season...from one to the next. we have qb play that isn't repeatable on the upside to winning games. in either of our qb's.....sorry to say it.....but we never have had that...our big time most improved o line? sucks.....i sometimes wonder why people in charge of teams players make the decisions they do. eg....playing a man with not 1 but 2 broken thumbs? kind of like atlanta's qb vick....thinking he is going in with a pulled hamstring? my question is this....when is a player more of a detrement to the team then an asset? don't get me wrong here skinsfans....i am a fan with all my heart....always have been.....but i do question why in all the years i have been a fan.....why? why haven't we ever had a qb that hung around like the other teams that have had wonderful success with longterm ball throwers? is jason the one ya think? he certainly won't be if only given the chance that pr has had as a redskin....that's for sure....and i'm not a pr supporter either....in my opinion...he doesn't have what it takes to be a qb in the nfl ....period. other then of course.....for washington....

the win in dallas? sweet....nothing sweeter could ever happen.....it was worth a million to see jj come down with that look on his plastic face....and the fans looked like they had just been robbed by jessie james.....it was awesome....yes indeed it was....and as deserving as it was.....it wasn't and isn't and never will be.....repeatable.

the team has a bye as it is. I doubt there will be as much practice this week, just lots of training and meetings and whatnot with regular practices. Next week will obviously be practice laden.

As fans, I understand that it was a close victory, and I am still glad it happened, one of the biggest emotional victories of my life. However, I do agree, we should start focusing on Seattle, just not this week.

Honestly, I'm gonna enjoy this win far beyond week 16. I'd like to say I'm focused in on Seattle, and I've looked at their stats, games played, etc. I see a beatable team, one that is good, but doesn't seem to play well in away games. I see another former Redskin, Rhodes, coming to town. I do look forward to seeing the Skins play again, and seeing them gel as a team. Are they perfect? No. Are they flawed? Yes. But I like it that way right now. A team on the rise from the ashes of the newspapers suggesting they were dead before the season even began.

These guys are motivated. They've got talent, and will get better. I see a team where I think if one man goes down, another will step in his place and up his own game for the team. That's what Gibbs is bringing back to Washington. I truely hope he succeeds.

This weeks ES schedule

Tuesday Morning: Celebrate victory

Tuesday Afternoon: Analyze why we won

Wednesday, all day: Analyze what we could have done better

Thursday, all day: Continue analysis

Friday, all day: Tailgate

Saturday, all day: Off to watch college football

Sunday, all day: Watch NFL games, especially Seatle

Monday, all day: Analyze Seatle's current game

Tuesday, morning: Long pass

Tuesday, afternoon: The Portis question

Wednesday, all day: Tailgate

Thursday, all day: Why we'll win

Friday, all day: Why we'll win cont'd

Saturday, all day: Off, watch college football

even as fans.....how long should we bask in this victory and get refocused on our next opponent, Seattle?

we can become 3-0 and that is a huge step for this organization....im ready to forget Dallas and bring these Seahawks to DC now!!!!

Personally, I think we, as the fans, should bask in this win until week 15, when we face them again @ home. WE don't need to focus on Seattle, the TEAM does, tho. So, until we face Seattle NEXT Sunday, every Cowboys fan I see, I will :nana: at. I am going to bask for awhile.

This weeks ES schedule

Tuesday Morning: Celebrate victory

Tuesday Afternoon: Analyze why we won

Wednesday, all day: Analyze what we could have done better

Thursday, all day: Continue analysis

Friday, all day: Tailgate

Saturday, all day: Off to watch college football

Sunday, all day: Watch NFL games, especially Seatle

Monday, all day: Analyze Seatle's current game

Tuesday, morning: Long pass

Tuesday, afternoon: The Portis question

Wednesday, all day: Tailgate

Thursday, all day: Why we'll win

Friday, all day: Why we'll win cont'd

Saturday, all day: Off, watch college football

I love the random "Tailgate" days. :laugh:

its all good....and i most certainly see where your coming from....i just smell something in the air u know? a certain aura and like you said...myself, I get caught up in using the term "we" for those very same reason (basically the reason i actually made this post LOL) because that win Monday felt like OURS...fans, players, coaches, alumni....even the local media LOL. i shouldnt even have thoughts of a Joe Gibbs team bein ill prepared to play in a game after a bye LOL : :cheers:

Dude, I just CANNOT stop looking at this clip! Thank you!

Amen, Brother! Amen. :notworthy :thumbsup:

:dallasuck :point2sky :dallasuck :logo: :dallasuck :logo: :dallasuck :point2sky

Well. One answer is Gibbs already has his guys refocused. They've been working everyday since the win. Its a bye week! I think he said he'll give them the weekend off. It'd nice to see the team working hard and improving. I don't think we've had a team that gives such consistent effort in years. I'm gald Joe is back and I'm sue he'll succeed.

(btw, I think norv went 7-1 and missed the playoffs one season, it came up earlier on this thread.

Archived