Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It is only just one win you morons!! (sarcasm)

GPREP HOG

(sarcasm again) Last night the Washington Redskins went out and improved their record from 1-0 to 2-0. The absolute worst that could have come from the game last night against the Cowboys was when the Redskin’s boarded Snyder’s plane they left the state of Texas 1-1 and only one game out of first place. At this stage a win is only a win and a loss is only a loss.

If you saw any truth in this last statement then you are close to clueless on what the difference is between hoisting the Lombardi trophy at the end of the season and figuring out what to do with the 15th pick in the draft. The difference between winning and losing in the NFL comes down to 52 individuals and their coaching staff coming in stride as one collective unit and believing in each other. Is all this excitement steming from lastnights win because we are 2-0 rather then 1-1. Not at all, it is because last night gave us somethign so much more then just another win, it gave us something so much more important then that; it gave this city a team that believes.

In no way does the last five minutes of the game mean that Brunell is the QB he was with the Jaguars or Santana Moss is as good as Randy Moss. However I do know that the momentum spurred from such a dramatic comeback, during such intense criticism over such a hated rival CAN lead to invaluable team chemistry. Chemistry of which is priceless in terms of success for a hall of fame coach like Joe Gibbs is what the Redskins have taken from this win more then anything else.

I am not at all saying that this win equals definite success for the rest of the year. Are the Skins’ even close to a sure thing to making the playoffs? Not even close, but same goes with nearly every other team in the NFC.The playoffs are far from a sure thing for any team in this league because the difference in over-all team talent is marginal at best. Take a look at the Patriots, a team that has won three out of the last four Super Bowls. You would expect that during the one year in which they did not finish on top that they would at least come close. One might assume that basically the same team which during their current run of ¾ Super Bowls held the longest winning streak in NFL history would at least end their season in January and not in week 17 in the one year they failed to win it all?

That all being said about the Patriots I find it hard to believe that the talent level on the team that won three Super Bowls and that which did not make the playoffs be any more then marginal. The key to success is not talent, the pre-season favorite by many to win it all currently have two players who did not even start through out their college career! The key to success in this league is team chemistry/unity which is only built off belief in a coach and in a system. However in order to truly have every single player “believe” in not only each other but in themselves, to believe in the system, it is imperative that they experience roller-coaster miracles like the one that occurred last night.

For those that say a win only makes you one better in the standings I might agree; but you must remember this: last night’s game is not about being tied for first in the league in week two. It is not even about winning a game in which the Redskin’s were an extreme under-dog; that happens on multiple occasions every week. Last night’s win was about a coach whose decision to start at Quarterback had been questioned all week a million times over. It was about an offence coming off a week one win yet still faced constant questions on all of last years failures. It was a win that came after a week when the defense got little respect for dominating a Bears offence that turned in thirty plus points in week two. More so it was a win which miraculously came about for a team whose season was pre-determined by all to be a failure.

Will the Redskin’s make the playoffs? We will have to wait and see. If you believe that this game is 90% mental then last night was a bigger win for the franchise since the head coach left over ten years ago. Last night was a terrible game which nearly cast a huge shadow over this franchise’s chances in the 05’ season. This morning was a game which instantly turned back the clock for not only this 70 year-old coach but for the sports-fans of this town.

Tell me again, is a win really just a win? You can go ahead and say what you want. Let me say this: Hail to the Redskins’ team that walked off the field bright and early this morning, Hail to victory! :cheers:

I don't get the thread title?

1 win is huge in a 16 game season. What's your point?

The thread title and the first paragraph is sarcastic......

If you saw any truth in this last statement then you are close to clueless on what the difference is between hoisting the Lombardi trophy at the end of the season and figuring out what to do with the 15th pick in the draft.

Point being, in a nutshell, everything I just said is going against people who say last night's win is only just a win.....

I am saying that especially more then other previous wins in the last year this win was a very very "big one"

I know all the skins fans think the same as me, but trust me in the next two weeks you will hear from many "experts" in the media that it is only just win.....

come on trying to make a POSITIVE point here guys.........

Last night the Washington Redskins went out and improved their record from 1-0 to 2-0. The absolute worst that could have come from the game last night against the Cowboys was when the Redskin’s boarded Snyder’s plane they left the state of Texas 1-1 and only one game out of first place. At this stage a win is only a win and a loss is only a loss.

If you saw any truth in this last statement then you are close to clueless on what the difference is between hoisting the Lombardi trophy at the end of the season and figuring out what to do with the 15th pick in the draft. The difference between winning and losing in the NFL comes down to 52 individuals and their coaching staff coming in stride as one collective unit and believing in each other. Are the Skins’ even close to a sure thing to making the playoffs? Not even close, but same goes with nearly every other team in the NFC. The playoffs are far from a sure thing for any team in this league because the difference in over-all team talent is marginal at best.

Take a look at the Patriots, a team that has won three out of the last four Super Bowls. You would expect that during the one year in which they did not finish on top that they would at least come close. That the team which during this run held the longest winning streak in NFL history would at least end their season in January and not in week 17? I find it hard to believe that the talent level on the team that won three Super Bowls and that which did not make the playoffs be any more then marginal. The key to success is not talent, the pre-season favorite by many to win it all currently have two players who did not even start through out their college career! The key to success in this league is team chemistry/unity which is only built off belief in a coach and in a system. However in order to truly “believe” you need miracles like the one we all witnessed this morning.

Last night’s game is not about being tied for first in the league in week two. It is not even about winning a game in which the Redskin’s were an extreme under-dog; that happens on multiple occasions every week. Last night’s win was about a coach whose decision to start at Quarterback had been questioned all week a million times over. It was about an offence coming off a week one win yet still faced constant questions on all of last years failures. It was a win that came after a week when the defense got little respect for dominating a Bears offence that turned in thirty plus points in week two. More so it was a win which miraculously came about for a team whose season was pre-determined by all to be a failure.

Will the Redskin’s make the playoffs? We will have to wait and see. In no way does the last five minutes of the game mean that Brunell is the QB he was with the Jaguars or Santana Moss is as good as Randy Moss. However I do know that the momentum spurred from such a dramatic comeback, during such intense criticism over such a hated rival CAN lead to invaluable team chemistry. Chemistry of which is priceless in terms of success for a hall of fame coach like Joe Gibbs.

If you believe that this game is 90% mental then last night was a bigger win for the franchise since the head coach left over ten years ago. Last night was a terrible game which nearly cast a huge shadow over this franchise’s chances in the 05’ season. This morning was a game which instantly turned back the clock for not only this 70 year-old coach but for the sports-fans of this town.

Tell me again, is a win really just a win? ;)

Thanks dad for the lecture....:rolleyes:

You really don't understand football. A win is not just a win. Let me explain it slowly for you:

Imagine you're considered a great team, like the Colts, and you're playing a lousy team, like the Texans. You win in overtime, 10-3, on a TD where your receiver clearly pushed off but it wasn't called.

After that game, the Colts would be heavily criticized, second-guessed, etc., because they were supposed to win -- and win big.

But turn that around: the Texans win that game in exactly the same way. They'd be celebrated! It would be a heroic win!

You see, winning a game you're not supposed to win, on the road on Monday Night with a much-maligned QB and no kicker against a team that is so confident that they have the audacity to schedule their Ring-of-Fame ceremony for halftime against you --- that's a HUGE WIN.

And huge wins create confidence. They give you an emotional lift.

Here's the proof, if you're still doubting: how did the Skins and Skins fans feel last week after beating the Bears, a team they were supposed to beat? Awful. Finger-pointing. QB controversy. Negativity. Name-calling directed at a HOF coach.

how do the Skins and Skins fans feel today, the day after beating the Cowboys -- a game they were supposed to lose? Total elation.

If you don't understand the importance of last night, you don't understand football. It's more than Xs and Os -- confidence and big plays and thrilling finishes have an impact on teams. Like Joe Gibbs said, these kinds of wins make players believe that if they keep fighting, no matter what, good things happen.

Instead of two weeks of bellyaching about Brunell's awful play last night, we get two weeks of celebration.

Last night the Washington Redskins went out and improved their record from 1-0 to 2-0. The absolute worst that could have come from the game last night against the Cowboys was when the Redskin’s boarded Snyder’s plane they left the state of Texas 1-1 and only one game out of first place. At this stage a win is only a win and a loss is only a loss.

If you saw any truth in this last statement then you are close to clueless on what the difference is between hoisting the Lombardi trophy at the end of the season and figuring out what to do with the 15th pick in the draft. The difference between winning and losing in the NFL comes down to 52 individuals and their coaching staff coming in stride as one collective unit and believing in each other. Are the Skins’ even close to a sure thing to making the playoffs? Not even close, but same goes with nearly every other team in the NFC. The playoffs are far from a sure thing for any team in this league because the difference in over-all team talent is marginal at best.

Take a look at the Patriots, a team that has won three out of the last four Super Bowls. You would expect that during the one year in which they did not finish on top that they would at least come close. That the team which during this run held the longest winning streak in NFL history would at least end their season in January and not in week 17? I find it hard to believe that the talent level on the team that won three Super Bowls and that which did not make the playoffs be any more then marginal. The key to success is not talent, the pre-season favorite by many to win it all currently have two players who did not even start through out their college career! The key to success in this league is team chemistry/unity which is only built off belief in a coach and in a system. However in order to truly “believe” you need miracles like the one we all witnessed this morning.

Last night’s game is not about being tied for first in the league in week two. It is not even about winning a game in which the Redskin’s were an extreme under-dog; that happens on multiple occasions every week. Last night’s win was about a coach whose decision to start at Quarterback had been questioned all week a million times over. It was about an offence coming off a week one win yet still faced constant questions on all of last years failures. It was a win that came after a week when the defense got little respect for dominating a Bears offence that turned in thirty plus points in week two. More so it was a win which miraculously came about for a team whose season was pre-determined by all to be a failure.

Will the Redskin’s make the playoffs? We will have to wait and see. In no way does the last five minutes of the game mean that Brunell is the QB he was with the Jaguars or Santana Moss is as good as Randy Moss. However I do know that the momentum spurred from such a dramatic comeback, during such intense criticism over such a hated rival CAN lead to invaluable team chemistry. Chemistry of which is priceless in terms of success for a hall of fame coach like Joe Gibbs.

If you believe that this game is 90% mental then last night was a bigger win for the franchise since the head coach left over ten years ago. Last night was a terrible game which nearly cast a huge shadow over this franchise’s chances in the 05’ season. This morning was a game which instantly turned back the clock for not only this 70 year-old coach but for the sports-fans of this town.

Tell me again, is a win really just a win? ;)

Stop trying to spoil the win. Our team won be happy and celebrate. If we have to win 16 games a season just to be proud of our team we aint never going to enjoy being a redskins fan. When the cowboys beat us it is just 1 win but they act like its the superbowl and they play their A$$ just for 1 win. So before you go trying to tell people to stop getting so excited, try thinking about how much the redskins fans has deserved a win like for so long. :dallasuck :point2sky

You really don't understand football. A win is not just a win. Let me explain it slowly for you:

Imagine you're considered a great team, like the Colts, and you're playing a lousy team, like the Texans. You win in overtime, 10-3, on a TD where your receiver clearly pushed off but it wasn't called.

After that game, the Colts would be heavily criticized, second-guessed, etc., because they were supposed to win -- and win big.

But turn that around: the Texans win that game in exactly the same way. They'd be celebrated! It would be a heroic win!

You see, winning a game you're not supposed to win, on the road on Monday Night with a much-maligned QB and no kicker against a team that is so confident that they have the audacity to schedule their Ring-of-Fame ceremony for halftime against you --- that's a HUGE WIN.

And huge wins create confidence. They give you an emotional lift.

Here's the proof, if you're still doubting: how did the Skins and Skins fans feel last week after beating the Bears, a team they were supposed to beat? Awful. Finger-pointing. QB controversy. Negativity. Name-calling directed at a HOF coach.

how do the Skins and Skins fans feel today, the day after beating the Cowboys -- a game they were supposed to lose? Total elation.

If you don't understand the importance of last night, you don't understand football. It's more than Xs and Os -- confidence and big plays and thrilling finishes have an impact on teams. Like Joe Gibbs said, these kinds of wins make players believe that if they keep fighting, no matter what, good things happen.

Instead of two weeks of bellyaching about Brunell's awful play last night, we get two weeks of celebration.

Did you read what I wrote? I am saying positive things about the win?

I'm not really sure what your point is.

This game gives our guys confidence. Something to really build off of. We can make the playoff's...it can be done.

We are now 2-0 and 1-0 in the division, sorry, but this was a HUGE win. And I'm celebrating with all my fellow Redskin fans.

His title was sarcastic....besides that it was a solid post.....basically shoving it in the naysayers aka trolls aka haters aka pizzabellies face that a win is a win is a win.....am i remotely correct? :)

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

FYI:

This is saying that from 9-12 was very bad for the redskins, from 12-1230 was indescribable in what it could possibly do for the redskins season.......game last night=bad.........game this early morning=very very very good thing.......

i did not know that I had to be so straight forward with my words.....

I know what you are trying to say, GH. :)

There are wins and there are WINS. Some victories are more significant than others.

The win against Chicago last week was good, but it PALES in comparison to the win against Dallas.

Even though officially it only counts as another line in the "W" column, it means so much more than last week's victory.

This win gets a huge monkey off the Redskins' back. And that is VERY nice, indeed. :)

GPREP HOG:

Great post. I get it. If you've ever played the game, you should get it.

Confidence inspires great plays and great play as a unit. Great plays lead to victories. When you walk into a stadium and KNOW you're good and KNOW you can hang with the other guys, you elevate your play.

Brunell now has confidence in Moss, in turn, Moss now has confidence that when he gets open, Brunell can hit him.

The defense now has confidence that when the offense's back is against the wall, they can produce and take pressure off the defense.

Good post!

Archived