Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It is only just one win you morons!! (sarcasm)

GPREP HOG

For those that don't know what Sarcasm means =

1. A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.

2. A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.

3. The use of sarcasm. See Synonyms at wit1

For those that don't know what Sarcasm means =

1. A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.

2. A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.

3. The use of sarcasm. See Synonyms at wit1

Thankyou!

And the "victim" is meant to be the 'experts' and rival fans who claim that it means nothing more then one more W in the standings........

(sarcasm again) Last night the Washington Redskins went out and improved their record from 1-0 to 2-0. The absolute worst that could have come from the game last night against the Cowboys was when the Redskin’s boarded Snyder’s plane they left the state of Texas 1-1 and only one game out of first place. At this stage a win is only a win and a loss is only a loss.

If you saw any truth in this last statement then you are close to clueless on what the difference is between hoisting the Lombardi trophy at the end of the season and figuring out what to do with the 15th pick in the draft. The difference between winning and losing in the NFL comes down to 52 individuals and their coaching staff coming in stride as one collective unit and believing in each other. Is all this excitement steming from lastnights win because we are 2-0 rather then 1-1. Not at all, it is because last night gave us somethign so much more then just another win, it gave us something so much more important then that; it gave this city a team that believes.

In no way does the last five minutes of the game mean that Brunell is the QB he was with the Jaguars or Santana Moss is as good as Randy Moss. However I do know that the momentum spurred from such a dramatic comeback, during such intense criticism over such a hated rival CAN lead to invaluable team chemistry. Chemistry of which is priceless in terms of success for a hall of fame coach like Joe Gibbs is what the Redskins have taken from this win more then anything else.

I am not at all saying that this win equals definite success for the rest of the year. Are the Skins’ even close to a sure thing to making the playoffs? Not even close, but same goes with nearly every other team in the NFC.The playoffs are far from a sure thing for any team in this league because the difference in over-all team talent is marginal at best. Take a look at the Patriots, a team that has won three out of the last four Super Bowls. You would expect that during the one year in which they did not finish on top that they would at least come close. One might assume that basically the same team which during their current run of ¾ Super Bowls held the longest winning streak in NFL history would at least end their season in January and not in week 17 in the one year they failed to win it all?

That all being said about the Patriots I find it hard to believe that the talent level on the team that won three Super Bowls and that which did not make the playoffs be any more then marginal. The key to success is not talent, the pre-season favorite by many to win it all currently have two players who did not even start through out their college career! The key to success in this league is team chemistry/unity which is only built off belief in a coach and in a system. However in order to truly have every single player “believe” in not only each other but in themselves, to believe in the system, it is imperative that they experience roller-coaster miracles like the one that occurred last night.

For those that say a win only makes you one better in the standings I might agree; but you must remember this: last night’s game is not about being tied for first in the league in week two. It is not even about winning a game in which the Redskin’s were an extreme under-dog; that happens on multiple occasions every week. Last night’s win was about a coach whose decision to start at Quarterback had been questioned all week a million times over. It was about an offence coming off a week one win yet still faced constant questions on all of last years failures. It was a win that came after a week when the defense got little respect for dominating a Bears offence that turned in thirty plus points in week two. More so it was a win which miraculously came about for a team whose season was pre-determined by all to be a failure.

Will the Redskin’s make the playoffs? We will have to wait and see. If you believe that this game is 90% mental then last night was a bigger win for the franchise since the head coach left over ten years ago. Last night was a terrible game which nearly cast a huge shadow over this franchise’s chances in the 05’ season. This morning was a game which instantly turned back the clock for not only this 70 year-old coach but for the sports-fans of this town.

Tell me again, is a win really just a win? You can go ahead and say what you want. Let me say this: Hail to the Redskins’ team that walked off the field bright and early this morning, Hail to victory! :cheers:

What are you talking about man..its not only a game..its a monday night game against Dallas our rivals did you forget that? Its a game that we needed to win because weve been getting our you know whats kicked since 1995..it has alot of importance, its not just a game and Im not a moron, your the moron if you think it dont mean sh...!

• 3 months later...

I guess this one win.......is what got us in the post-season.......

who really knew how big this win was........as big as I thought it was, really did not expect it to this huge later on in the season........

thank you Santana......best thing to happen to the skins since.......Mark Rypen was at QB........... :notworthy

(sarcasm again) Last night the Washington Redskins went out and improved their record from 1-0 to 2-0. The absolute worst that could have come from the game last night against the Cowboys was when the Redskin’s boarded Snyder’s plane they left the state of Texas 1-1 and only one game out of first place. At this stage a win is only a win and a loss is only a loss.

If you saw any truth in this last statement then you are close to clueless on what the difference is between hoisting the Lombardi trophy at the end of the season and figuring out what to do with the 15th pick in the draft. The difference between winning and losing in the NFL comes down to 52 individuals and their coaching staff coming in stride as one collective unit and believing in each other. Is all this excitement steming from lastnights win because we are 2-0 rather then 1-1. Not at all, it is because last night gave us somethign so much more then just another win, it gave us something so much more important then that; it gave this city a team that believes.

In no way does the last five minutes of the game mean that Brunell is the QB he was with the Jaguars or Santana Moss is as good as Randy Moss. However I do know that the momentum spurred from such a dramatic comeback, during such intense criticism over such a hated rival CAN lead to invaluable team chemistry. Chemistry of which is priceless in terms of success for a hall of fame coach like Joe Gibbs is what the Redskins have taken from this win more then anything else.

I am not at all saying that this win equals definite success for the rest of the year. Are the Skins’ even close to a sure thing to making the playoffs? Not even close, but same goes with nearly every other team in the NFC.The playoffs are far from a sure thing for any team in this league because the difference in over-all team talent is marginal at best. Take a look at the Patriots, a team that has won three out of the last four Super Bowls. You would expect that during the one year in which they did not finish on top that they would at least come close. One might assume that basically the same team which during their current run of ¾ Super Bowls held the longest winning streak in NFL history would at least end their season in January and not in week 17 in the one year they failed to win it all?

That all being said about the Patriots I find it hard to believe that the talent level on the team that won three Super Bowls and that which did not make the playoffs be any more then marginal. The key to success is not talent, the pre-season favorite by many to win it all currently have two players who did not even start through out their college career! The key to success in this league is team chemistry/unity which is only built off belief in a coach and in a system. However in order to truly have every single player “believe” in not only each other but in themselves, to believe in the system, it is imperative that they experience roller-coaster miracles like the one that occurred last night.

For those that say a win only makes you one better in the standings I might agree; but you must remember this: last night’s game is not about being tied for first in the league in week two. It is not even about winning a game in which the Redskin’s were an extreme under-dog; that happens on multiple occasions every week. Last night’s win was about a coach whose decision to start at Quarterback had been questioned all week a million times over. It was about an offence coming off a week one win yet still faced constant questions on all of last years failures. It was a win that came after a week when the defense got little respect for dominating a Bears offence that turned in thirty plus points in week two. More so it was a win which miraculously came about for a team whose season was pre-determined by all to be a failure.

Will the Redskin’s make the playoffs? We will have to wait and see. If you believe that this game is 90% mental then last night was a bigger win for the franchise since the head coach left over ten years ago. Last night was a terrible game which nearly cast a huge shadow over this franchise’s chances in the 05’ season. This morning was a game which instantly turned back the clock for not only this 70 year-old coach but for the sports-fans of this town.

Tell me again, is a win really just a win? You can go ahead and say what you want. Let me say this: Hail to the Redskins’ team that walked off the field bright and early this morning, Hail to victory! :cheers:

Archived