Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Five Reasons for Optimism

Ancalagon the Black

I wrote this on another site, but I wanted to share it with y'all and see if you could think of any others.

1. The Redskins once dismissed their starting quarterback after his second game, started a man named Tony Banks for the rest of the season, and relied on a game that masked QB deficiencies. They went 8-8 and came within a sniff of the playoffs.

2. Joe Gibbs once decided to dump his powerfully armed starting quarterback in the middle of the season and started an old guy who had played for a Florida team previously. They went on to win the Super Bowl.

3. The run defense held the Bears to under 2.5 yards per attempt rushing. The longest reception allowed by the defense was 22 yards.

4. Brunell’s stats were a slight improvement from last year’s averages, despite never having played with the starting offense during preseason.

5. The Redskins have just signed columnist Robert Novak to kick field goals for them. No one is better at making something out of nothing.

I wrote this on another site, but I wanted to share it with y'all and see if you could think of any others.

1. The Redskins once dismissed their starting quarterback after his second game, started a man named Tony Banks for the rest of the season, and relied on a game that masked QB deficiencies. They went 8-8 and came within a sniff of the playoffs.

2. Joe Gibbs once decided to dump his powerfully armed starting quarterback in the middle of the season and started an old guy who had played for a Florida team previously. They went on to win the Super Bowl.

3. The run defense held the Bears to under 2.5 yards per attempt rushing. The longest reception allowed by the defense was 22 yards.

4. Brunell’s stats were a slight improvement from last year’s averages, despite never having played with the starting offense during preseason.

5. The Redskins have just signed columnist Robert Novak to kick field goals for them. No one is better at making something out of nothing.

Okay I'll buy it.

:notworthy

On a larger scale, we have the chance to beat several conference teams (Rams, Packers, Packers) that should be vying for a wildcard, meaning that if we beat them, we'd have an advantage over them for a playoff spot.

Play well in those games and turn in a respectable division record and our schedule plays into our favor.

All excellent points. I just hope that if any team ever tries to ice Novak, he doesn't say "I think that's bulls***" and then leave the field... :paranoid:

All excellent points. I just hope that if any team ever tries to ice Novak, he doesn't say "I think that's bulls***" and then leave the field... :paranoid:

...or that he leaks the identity of ... hey, wait a minute, I think I just figured out who andyman is ... :shhh:

:laugh:

That was funny, and the rest of it was good, too.

Nice post.

and lovell has had some killer responses too. :laugh:

~Bang

:laugh:

That was funny, and the rest of it was good, too.

Nice post.

and lovell has had some killer responses too. :laugh:

~Bang

Thanks for the props...I'm starting to use extremeskins more, I post frequently on another board you used to be on too...but all this crazy "gibbs ruining ramsey's good name" talk has got me in the mix over here.

Archived