Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ramsey DESTRUCTION threads/Just wait!

PREDICTOR

You guys think you aren't acting like haters and misguided fools but you are. You start every anit-Ramsey post with comments about "I don't hate Patrick, in fact I have been rooting for him.....BUT...B-U-T" ......and then you proceed to hate and try to make your point.

What you describe above is not a "hater" but an "objective fan" PREDICTOR. Objectivity is the scenario of wanting someone to succeed but knowing there are obstacles in his way and the possibility that he might not.

I will answer your question of who should be our QB by saying: Whoever Gibbs names the starter is fine with me.

Now a question to you:

What seems more level-headed to you, someone saying that Ramsey needs to improve on things or he can't be a good NFL starter or someone saying that Ramsey will, undoubtedly be a good NFL starter?

Well I have to say that most of you have come here to this thread and become somewhat conciliatory. Those of you have bashed Ramsey before are at least willing to concede that he may do okay. However, that may just be because I challenged you to name the quarterback you would replace Patrick with. NOBODY did that. Nobody answered the challenge, so therefore, I can only assume you have nobody better in mind to start and play this season, than Patrick Ramsey.

I think Patrick can have that Pro Bowl type season and the Skins can go to the playoffs. I also think Patrick will be better in the 2nd half than in the first half due to more and more experience and getting to know his receivers.

I still don't think Patrick gets judged fully in the Pittsburg game. Nor the final preseason game. 100 percent effort is not given by some players in pre season games, some guys are just trying to not get injured, coaches are holding back packages, and of course the obvious, you are playing with and against guys who you won't see during the season. However, I think we would all like to see zero interceptions and ball control and scoring in the Red Zone from at least one drive with Patrick. We know he can throw the "bomb" now...so all we need in addition, is sustained drives that score.

If that happens even once this Friday...I would wager very few of you would not be on board the Ramsey train.

He's on a wait and see basis with me until a few weeks into the season...after 5, 6 weeks if its the same old Ramsey, then I'll start calling for a replacement.

I think he can do well, however he needs to stop his boneheaded plays by sept 11

Good post.. people seem think equate being around here for a few years with years of experience. That simply isn't the case. With Spurrier the only Patrick learned was how to take a hit.. His mechanics were flawed and his thinking was also flawed. He needs time to re-learn things.

Good post.. people seem think equate being around here for a few years with years of experience. That simply isn't the case. With Spurrier the only Patrick learned was how to take a hit.. His mechanics were flawed and his thinking was also flawed. He needs time to re-learn things.

Exactly my point and I should have added that in my original post. In fact I have been saying that in some respects last year was Patrick's rookie year. He was treated like a rookie first round pick. The veteran was chosen to start while the rookie draft pick was chosen to sit on the bench, ask questions, and then was inserted later on in the season at which time he would struiggle initially and then come on strong after a few starts.

This is exactly what happened......to Eli Manning! What a coincidence we have here. The same thing happened to Patrick Ramsey.

Those first 2 years in Spurriers system were no different than the last 2 years in Eli Mannings college career...because Spurrier inserted Ramsey into his college system. Last year was Patrick's FIRST year in a PRO offense.

Those first 2 years in Spurriers system were no different than the last 2 years in Eli Mannings college career...because Spurrier inserted Ramsey into his college system. Last year was Patrick's FIRST year in a PRO offense.

I see the parallels that you're drawing, they make sense. However, PR has played in parts of 3 NFL seasons. Regardless of the offense he's running, he's had the time and the experience to adapt to NFL defenses, the speed of the game, and pressure of being at the pro level. So, your point is accurate in terms of him becoming comfortable within one system, but he still should not be considered a second-year player since he's had a good amount of exposure to the NFL itself.

1st of all, I'm not a hater, but I will be honest.......

I didn't like it when we drafted Ramsey

I didn't like it when we courted Brunell

I didn't like it when we drafted Campbell

We should have stuck with Shane Matthews or Danny Weurffel then?

Archived