Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ramsey DESTRUCTION threads/Just wait!

PREDICTOR

I think the bottom line here is some of us want to have a good discussion of Patrick Ramsey and what he needs to succeed, and we don;t need the haters on this thread. If you hate Patrick Ramsey just start your own thread or go to one of the many that are already there.

By coming here you have proven my point. You guys think you aren't acting like haters and misguided fools but you are. You start every anit-Ramsey post with comments about "I don't hate Patrick, in fact I have been rooting for him.....BUT...B-U-T" ......and then you proceed to hate and try to make your point.

I keep asking all you haters and not one of you has answered me yet...so here goes again: Since you don't want Patrick Ramsey, and all you want to do is complain...please here and now tell us WHO you want to start at QB for the Redskins so we can make the playoffs this year? Can each of you do that please....without rambling on about how Patrick is not that guy because he hasn't throw 50 TD passes to Jaquez Green , Derrius Thompson, Rod Gardner, Dar McCants, and James Thrash along with the other all pro receivers on the squad for the last 3 years.

Who in the HELL is your QB guys? Stop just complaining and tell us something constructive.

Hey sonny, any way you can project Ramsey's stats over a 16 game season? I suck at math, I wouldn't know where to begin.

Patrick's Career Stats:

G GS Att Comp Pct Yards YPA Lg TD Int Tkld 20+ 40+ Rate

29 23 836 465 55.6 5370 6.42 64 33 28 71/475 70 10 74.4

First, we could only use the 23 games that he actually started. With that said his stats for a 16 game season would look something like this:

G GS Att Comp Pct Yards YPA TD Int Rate

16 16 461 256 55.5 2,962 11.5 18 15 72.9

Keep in mind as well that unlike Manning...Ramsey was never the Redskins' GUY....They (Snyder) tried to get rid of him bf he ever took a snap and Gibbs brought in the QB that could have arguably had the one of the worst seasons of all time (Brunell) to replace him. The one year he went into as the undisputed starter was in Spurriers no blocking offense, and he threw 14td's and only 9 picls...pretty damn good for a second year qb.

good enough to get in the playoffs!

Certainly good enough to be a playoff QB but thats not the point. You can't really project because he has new receivers, faster receivers, and the BEST offensive line since he has been here and the best offensive scheme and a bigger faster Clinton Portis who is dying to get in there and prove he is still a 1500 yard back.

The Sky is the limit for Ramsey. The past is the past and those stats are only the past of a young QB working with inadequate tools.

I think the bottom line here is some of us want to have a good discussion of Patrick Ramsey and what he needs to succeed, and we don;t need the haters on this thread. If you hate Patrick Ramsey just start your own thread or go to one of the many that are already there.

By coming here you have proven my point. You guys think you aren't acting like haters and misguided fools but you are. You start every anit-Ramsey post with comments about "I don't hate Patrick, in fact I have been rooting for him.....BUT...B-U-T" ......and then you proceed to hate and try to make your point.

I keep asking all you haters and not one of you has answered me yet...so here goes again: Since you don't want Patrick Ramsey, and all you want to do is complain...please here and now tell us WHO you want to start at QB for the Redskins so we can make the playoffs this year? Can each of you do that please....without rambling on about how Patrick is not that guy because he hasn't throw 50 TD passes to Jaquez Green , Derrius Thompson, Rod Gardner, Dar McCants, and James Thrash along with the other all pro receivers on the squad for the last 3 years.

Who in the HELL is your QB guys? Stop just complaining and tell us something constructive.

First of all, you are the one who started with stats; but let's be fair and show all the stats. People can read into numbers all day long and come up with a number that supports thier point of view; it's done in business every day.

Second, just because someone doesn't support your point of view, you DO NOT have the right to call them a fool or misguided. You have to appreciate and respect other peoples opinions; just like you would want your opinions respected.

Third, I believe it is reasonable to question Ramsey's ability to lead this team. Why you may ask? His past performance. Until Patrick has demonstrated in the win/loss column that he can lead this offense and win more football games than we lose; his abilities will always come into question.

Just in case you think I am a "hater" (a name that you should never be apply to a Redskin fan; save it for Cowboy and Eagle fans); I trust that Coach Gibbs has made the best decsion at the QB position by naming Ramsey as the stater. Brunell showed me enough last year and Campbell is a long way off.

This is Patrick's year to shine....if he doesn't...he's gone. It's that simple.

I think it' a culmination of factors that some fans are scared that Ramsey can't get it done.

Joe Gibbs gets Brunell and drafts Cambell. I trust Gibbs and if he questions Ramsey then I would probably go along with it if I were you. The fact is I really don't know how Gibbs feels about Ramsey but he's definitely not singing his praises. But then I don't remember Gibbs singing anyones praises until after a win.

I then read the game thread and when I hear.."he's dancing in the pocket" (A solid O-line can cure this over time) and that "he holds on to the ball too long" then it gets even me worried.

Ramsey must have heard he holds on to the ball too long how many times now? Yet he still does it. That scares me because it means he could possibly have an inability to read defenses quickly. You add the fact that when he gets the ball off quickly in the red zone and it's for 2 picks then you start to wonder a little.

threads like this make me crazy because I hope that in a few weeks people can look me up and say "See there was nothing to wory about!".

Why are fans evil if they analyze Ramsey and are a little concerned. I don't agree with the boos at Fed Ex.

I also don't agree with some fans that state we will not win with Ramsey because I still think it's way to early for that decision. but he is running out of time.

I'm personally still glad Ramsey is the starter and hope that we never see another QB in the game all season long. I hope this is his year. But..I'm worried because he is such a huge factor in the equation to get the Skins back into the playoffs.

It's nice to see Brunell playing better than last season I did get to watch the second half of the Cinci game. After what I saw the Skins look to have a solid backup this season. I'm still worried about the accuracy on the go routes from him but he was zipping the ball 40 yards easily compare to last season when it seemed like it took forever to get there.

Hater - I "hate" that term. Can't people critique a player's performance in a reasonable manner like most have done on this site without being called a hater? Ramsey has frankly been inconsistent for a number of reasons - some of which are not in Patrick's control and some of which he is responsible for. When one points out this FACT (#11's inconsistency), they are called a hater. Jeez...

sonnyrules....obviously...the esteemed source of this thread has the maturity of a two year old. let it rest. as you note...either PR carries the load this season or he doesn't. Keep making your observations, as I will, and ignore the real "hater"...you know...the one who can't handle the emotional burden of an opinion different from his own!

I think it' a culmination of factors that some fans are scared that Ramsey can't get it done.

Joe Gibbs gets Brunell and drafts Cambell. I trust Gibbs and if he questions Ramsey then I would probably go along with it if I were you. The fact is I really don't know how Gibbs feels about Ramsey but he's definitely not singing his praises. But then I don't remember Gibbs singing anyones praises until after a win.

I then read the game thread and when I hear.."he's dancing in the pocket" (A solid O-line can cure this over time) and that "he holds on to the ball too long" then it gets even me worried.

Ramsey must have heard he holds on to the ball too long how many times now? Yet he still does it. That scares me because it means he could possibly have an inability to read defenses quickly. You add the fact that when he gets the ball off quickly in the red zone and it's for 2 picks then you start to wonder a little.

threads like this make me crazy because I hope that in a few weeks people can look me up and say "See there was nothing to wory about!".

Why are fans evil if they analyze Ramsey and are a little concerned. I don't agree with the boos at Fed Ex.

I also don't agree with some fans that state we will not win with Ramsey because I still think it's way to early for that decision. but he is running out of time.

I'm personally still glad Ramsey is the starter and hope that we never see another QB in the game all season long. I hope this is his year. But..I'm worried because he is such a huge factor in the equation to get the Skins back into the playoffs.

It's nice to see Brunell playing better than last season I did get to watch the second half of the Cinci game. After what I saw the Skins look to have a solid backup this season. I'm still worried about the accuracy on the go routes from him but he was zipping the ball 40 yards easily compare to last season when it seemed like it took forever to get there.

Well said. :applause:

sonnyrules....obviously...the esteemed source of this thread has the maturity of a two year old. let it rest. as you note...either PR carries the load this season or he doesn't. Keep making your observations, as I will, and ignore the real "hater"...you know...the one who can't handle the emotional burden of an opinion different from his own!

I'll take that advice, but I'm not going back to Bulgaria

Sonny and AzSkins, nice posts!

I'd also like to add I don't think anyone really truely HATES Ramsey. Some fans (like me) aren't confident that he has what it takes, and honestly, you have to see where we're coming from. I see where his supporters come from, they bring up valid points, but I don't agree.

That said, we're all Redskins fans and I don't think anyone is rooting against Ramsey this year, a year that shows enormous potential for our team. We as fans have a right to be critical of the way players play the game, it's that simple. Some choose not to. Whatever.

We're all Skins fans, but I'm tired of the Ramsey loving/criticizing, even though I know I've participated in my fair share.

We all know this year is important for him and everyone wants to be able to point fingers at the end of the year and say "I told you so." I'd just like it if we could all collectively shut up about it until halfway through the season or so and see where we stand. There are so many other great things going on with this team that are getting ignored because people want to skew Ramsey's stats every which way to show why he'll suck or not.

Let's take a rest.

actually it's more like:

why are fans always bashed when they profess optimism in Ramsey or a winning season?

;)

to be honest, most of the concerns are exaggerated or non existent

and the biggest complaint my time here has been the lack of consistency, allow time for things & players develope... yet the first time in years we show some consistency... people ***** and moan for a quick hook :doh:

I'm mostly in agreement with everything here. Good points. But Brunell is not zipping anything 40 yards. His long for the preseason is 23 yards. Ramseys long is 46 yards this preseason

Pat will be fine as his confidence and our offensive chemistry grows. I am really psyched for Campbell's future too but i am a patient man and have liked Patrick since day one. I just hope he can man the ship efficiently this year and take us to the promise land as Gibbs would say....cue the Giggle :)

Sonny and AzSkins, nice posts!

I'd also like to add I don't think anyone really truely HATES Ramsey. Some fans (like me) aren't confident that he has what it takes, and honestly, you have to see where we're coming from. I see where his supporters come from, they bring up valid points, but I don't agree.

That said, we're all Redskins fans and I don't think anyone is rooting against Ramsey this year, a year that shows enormous potential for our team. We as fans have a right to be critical of the way players play the game, it's that simple. Some choose not to. Whatever.

We're all Skins fans, but I'm tired of the Ramsey loving/criticizing, even though I know I've participated in my fair share.

We all know this year is important for him and everyone wants to be able to point fingers at the end of the year and say "I told you so." I'd just like it if we could all collectively shut up about it until halfway through the season or so and see where we stand. There are so many other great things going on with this team that are getting ignored because people want to skew Ramsey's stats every which way to show why he'll suck or not.

Let's take a rest.

It's impossible to put this to rest. Unless Ramsey goes 16-0 there will always be those who simply do not like the guy.

I was very vocal two weeks ago. I was looking for improvement and found none.

Then last week I saw some improvement against Cinncy and I finally see a reason to be hopeful. For me personally to be comfortable with Patrick; win or lose, I just need to see slight improvement and growth from one week to the next.

As I said before, This is Patrick's year regardless of the final outcome.

c04485.jpg

I am going to start calling Ramsey "Wild Thing".

Remember the scene in Major League when he got pissed at the red tag?? He went into Lou's office and went off on him. Threatening to stuff it down his f*cking throat. That what I hope Ramsey does to the league, the doubters, and the haters.

Stuff it down their f*cking throats Ramsey!!!!!!!!!!!

1st of all, I'm not a hater, but I will be honest.......

I didn't like it when we drafted Ramsey

I didn't like it when we courted Brunell

I didn't like it when we drafted Campbell

Ramsey does have a gun and guts, so that gives me hope

Brunell does look more lively this year, so that gives me hope

Campbell ....well I'm hopeful

I'm just tired of losing boys....

just give us respectable QB play - limit turnovers and control the clock

and we'll be fine.

If Ramsey gets better, then I hope we stick with him.

If not, then I hope we go with the next best option.

No matter what happens, I trust Joe Gibbs to insure the proper decision is made.

Don't always like it, but I will NEVER doubt the man.

Hail !

Very well said my friend, I just hope people will give him a chance to start and let him play a full season under Gibbs.... I am also glad that we have MB as his back up when need be if at all!!! I am not worried for one second that PR will light up defenses around the league. Its just pre-season, get over it people.

What he said.

Well I have to say that most of you have come here to this thread and become somewhat conciliatory. Those of you have bashed Ramsey before are at least willing to concede that he may do okay. However, that may just be because I challenged you to name the quarterback you would replace Patrick with. NOBODY did that. Nobody answered the challenge, so therefore, I can only assume you have nobody better in mind to start and play this season, than Patrick Ramsey.

I think Patrick can have that Pro Bowl type season and the Skins can go to the playoffs. I also think Patrick will be better in the 2nd half than in the first half due to more and more experience and getting to know his receivers.

I still don't think Patrick gets judged fully in the Pittsburg game. Nor the final preseason game. 100 percent effort is not given by some players in pre season games, some guys are just trying to not get injured, coaches are holding back packages, and of course the obvious, you are playing with and against guys who you won't see during the season. However, I think we would all like to see zero interceptions and ball control and scoring in the Red Zone from at least one drive with Patrick. We know he can throw the "bomb" now...so all we need in addition, is sustained drives that score.

If that happens even once this Friday...I would wager very few of you would not be on board the Ramsey train.

Well I did chew on it for a while; long enough to look up the first three years of the QB's mentioned above.

Peyton Manning in his first 32 starts had 43....Forty Three interceptions & 85 TD's

Brett Farve in his first 29 starts had 39...Thirty Nine interceptions & 70 TD's

Patrick Ramsey in his first 23 starts had 28....ONLY twenty eight interceptions & 33 TD's

As you can see, anyone can post numbers to support thier own point of view. If you want to see even more lopsided numbers, look up Donavan McNabb or Daunte Culpepper.

I don't believe Patrick is the anti-christ; in fact, I was pleasantly surprised to see some improvement from Ramsey last week against the Bengals. He needs to show more improvement this week against Pittsburgh, and we will be fine. :2cents:

Please compare apples to apples - not first 32 starts but 1st 23 starts vs PR first 23 starts

Archived