Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

3rd Wide Receiver

skinflute

Thrash is actually the most reliable of the remaining receivers other than Moss and Patten. Reliable from the standpoint of catching passes in the league as well as being a durable and consistent participant in actual football games.

I'd actually like to see Thrash catch a few more passes this season.

Originally posted by Drex

Thrash is actually the most reliable of the remaining receivers other than Moss and Patten. Reliable from the standpoint of catching passes in the league as well as being a durable and consistent participant in actual football games.

I think this is what you'll see until Jacobs recovers (or even after that too).

i dont think this is up for debate. Thrash is our 3rd receiver. Gibbs loves him.

The only person who has a chance of knocking him out of that is Jacobs, but he has to stay healthy.

Also, Gibbs will use different 3 WR packages this season in which Brown, and McCants/Dyson will be used as the 3rd wide out depedning on the situation.

I think RE is right. Thrash is going to be the 3rd receiver if Jacobs isn't healthy enough to make a run at it.

For all those clammering for a "big possession receiver," I believe Cooley is going to be that guy. I expect Cooley to be split out a lot more this season whenever they can create some mismatches against DBs or LBs.

McCants will be the odd one out. What has McCants do in this league so far? Nothing, besides just show potential.

Dyson on the other hand has been in the Super Bowl. Was part of the Music City Miracle, the guy has been a above average WR in this league for a few years. So he has a track record and we all know that Gibbs prefers veterans over guys who just show potential.

Originally posted by Drex

Precisely. With Jacobs being so injury-prone and McCants focusing so hard on his arts/music career, Thrash is the one with real NFL credentials and a dedication to the sport.

Archived