Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

3rd Wide Receiver

skinflute

Originally posted by Die Hard

Thrash is actually a very solid receiver. The man has good hands and knows how to get himself open in space.

He's not flashy enough for most people... so he often gets overlooked. But he produces all the time when given a chance.

Thrash did a great job when he was used as our possession receiver last season. I wouldn't mind this at all. Hell, he was Philly's #1 for a season.

I've heard that Antonio Brown is looking real good though. Yeah I know we need a big receiver and what not..but we ain't got that. McCants is just not gonna cut it. If no Brown, I say Thrash. As long as he's not too winded to play special teams because we need him for that more than anything.

Yes, that was Dyson, and it was the Music City Miracle.

I have to agree with Hooper, et al., one 4th quarter preseason performance does not exactly qualify Dyson for 3rd WR duties, just as it doesn't qualify Campbell to start at QB.

I think Thrash will get a lot of looks, but I think, depending on the situation, and perhaps even the specific call, we will see Jacobs, Brown, AND Dyson/DMAC in there as a 3rd WR. I'd like that, anyway, as they all offer different assets.

I think the best situation would be for jacobs to finally step up and be our number 2 receiver. Then we'd have Patten at #3, which IMO is where he not only could be effective but be dominant. I can't see him having all that great of a year. He's going to be very consistent for us yes. He will probably make a few big plays (2 things that are more than we had last year). But IMHO Patten won't ever be a bona fide number 2 for us. He fits the description of a prototypical muber three. I could se him having the same numbers as a number three as a number 2, allowing another player like say Jacobs to really step up and make an impact as our number two. First he has to step up though! Heres to hope! HTTR!!!

Archived