Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

nfl network showed me something

biznitchn

We really didnt do as bad as I thought we did. I just watched the game and I saw a lot of the positive things I overlooked. Our O-Line looked great, our runners were solid, and PRam made some pretty good decisions at time. Maybe its just me but I feel good knowing there were things we can and will fix when we play Fri. GO SKINS

Originally posted by themurf

They played well enough that there are some positive to take away from this game, but poorly enough that Gibbs can kick their tails in practice this week.

It's win-win for everyone.

I agree 100%. I'd rather have our weaknesses be apparent with 4 weeks to go than to have us play well in the preseason and assume we're doing OK.

NFL network showed me they must really hate the Skins, they had that Huddle up on Saturday with like six games going on, and they were going down the list showing a couple minutes of each game.

Then as par for NFL network skipped right over Skins game to talk about Cleveland and Giants in a rain delay.

They then continued down the list, then back up the list.

More rain delay info from cleveland and then 40 minutes into the game they showed a little of the Skins game.:mad:

I called my buddy also down here in Florida and he said he was just about to call me about it.

then it reminded me of the 3 weeks in a row they said they were going to have CP on total access and didn't.:mad: :mad:

I remember I couldn't wait to get the NFL network.:doh:

did anyone else notice this snub?:confused: :wtf:

Sigh. Have to wait to see it. But I've noticed in the past that when watching a game for a second time, things often don't look so bad. And if you're watching it for the first time with expectations very low, things often aren't as bad as they are sometimes portrayed. Looking forward to seeing this myself. :)

Gibbs will address the weaknesses. It isn't a matter of the team not trying. It's just putting the pieces together, PR included. You guys can try and diminish the pressure that Ramsey is under, but it is greater than normal starting QB's have to endure. He may have been irrevocably damaged by Spurrier. He may rebound. The reality is, we won't know one way or another until week 6.

I am so mad at myself...had this day in my head all weekend as the day to watch the replay of the game. Then I had an interview that went terribly....was so stressed when I got home, I completely forgot about my Skins. I cant believe I did this. does anyone know if by some miracle it is replayed again????

Park City hit it right on the head for me. I watched the game for the first time on NFL Network today with very low expectations (I wonder why?). Much to my surprise I saw many positives!

Yes, Ramsey has happy feet, but not nearly as much as I expected. I thought that in the face of a very imposing blitz defense (picked up nicely, thank you) he just felt the need to get the ball out. It seemed that he was playing to what the defense was giving him. I don't think he's quite at the point where he can dictate anything to a talented defense like Carolina. That being said, the overthrow to Patton on the out pattern was bad. It wasn't even near him and boy was he open. You just gotta make that throw!!

Brunell looked great. As of press time he was still our #2 QB. If PR can keep the job, I'll feel good knowing that Brunell isn't quite as done as we all thought, just in case we need him.

Campbell is a rookie. Great arm, good feet, tall and powerful. However, he's a raw colt, boys. I can tell somebody's in need of a little clipboard holding time. Throwing off of his back foot, trying to sneak a ball into double coverage, not too good. Hopefully ,we won't need him to start a game this year.

From what I understand about that throw to Patten, it may be a good idea to look closely at that one. Entertain the idea that Patten may not have run the route quite the way PR was expecting. Not saying for sure, but it is something to look at. One of those on watching it for the 15th time things.

Originally posted by Monkart

NFL network showed me they must really hate the Skins, they had that Huddle up on Saturday with like six games going on, and they were going down the list showing a couple minutes of each game.

Then as par for NFL network skipped right over Skins game to talk about Cleveland and Giants in a rain delay.

More rain delay info from cleveland and then 40 minutes into the game they showed a little of the Skins game.:mad:

I called my buddy also down here in Florida and he said he was just about to call me about it.

then it reminded me of the 3 weeks in a row they said they were going to have CP on total access and didn't.:mad: :mad:

That was most annoying wasn't it? They showed more highlights of the rain delay in Cleveland than they did of the Skins game. They also cut away during the middle of the only good drive Ramsey had. Seriously nfl network, WTF?!

My observations:

McCants wants the 50/50 nickname previously assigned to someone else. -- He dropped alot of balls.

Ramsey still does not look comfortable in the pocket (even though the line looks and performed great).

With Brunell you can see him making the progression on the field to different routes -- I didn't see ramsey doing that -- this is not a knock either way -- just saying that it appears Brunell knew he had more time in the pocket to "scan" before firing the football. -- Speaking of firing - his arm looked fresh.

Broughton can bring it.

Originally posted by Park City Skins

From what I understand about that throw to Patten, it may be a good idea to look closely at that one. Entertain the idea that Patten may not have run the route quite the way PR was expecting. Not saying for sure, but it is something to look at. One of those on watching it for the 15th time things.

We have a BINGO!

Just watched the Replay.

1. There is a difference between being on you toes to enable movement in the pocket and being flatfooted while backpedaling "happy feet"

2. The Carolina D in the first quater took away the deep cross and just left the underneath. We didn't attempt many deep outs. Patten ran the wrong route. May have been a bad pass anyway...

3. MB's arm truly was "dipped in the fountain of youth"

4. JC's yard came against a very soft Defensive backfield. The int clearly doesn't count against him.

5. I do not understand the decision to put in MB in at the end of the half instead of letting PR finish it out.

6. The complete and total bashing of PR for this game is unfounded. All three QB's played decently.

7. There was a big difference in play calling between the three.

Originally posted by Monkart

I was so mad. The first time they put the game on was on the skins second drive and they didn't show the entire drive.

I think you want to the be one of the first two games to start. They got a ton of coverage because they started 30 min. prior to the others.

I really enjoyed watching the game, and thought there was a lot to be excited about for the first game back. A few things:

1. We have great depth and variety at RB. Betts, Rock, and Nemo all made some nifty catches, and Betts and Nemo were really running hard. Both of those dudes are going to contribute this year.

2. The oline looked great. They handled Carolina's first string dline and blitzes quite well. We also have some nice depth on the oline.

3. The defense played Williams' style defense, even though hardly any of the starters played. They had their share of rookie mistakes and missed tackles, but they also had some nice run stuffs and QB pressures.

4. Ramsey was not near as bad as people made it sound. Yeah the pic was a duck, but other than that he was ok. He was just getting it going before he came out. He completed something like 6 passes in a row on that 1 long drive. I think he would have settled down nicely had that been a real game.

5. Brunell looked like Brunell form 2001, and Campbell showed some very nice potential. I feel real good about our 3 QBs.

6. Sellars could turn out to be a decent TE for us. I know he's a monster blocker, but he had a couple of smooth catches that surprised me.

7. Antonio Brown is a playmaker and is going to score some points this year.

8. The Skins were something like 7 for 11 on third downs, which is a huge improvement over last year.

All and all, not to bad for the first game of the year. I can't wait for the next game.

Archived