Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

poor mccants

i just remembered that mccants didn't look too good on saturday. he had several drops and one of them would have resulted in a TD or first and goal at the 1. in his defense, brunell was throwing it to him.

any comments in the battle between dyson, thrash (did he play?), and mccants?

GAME 1: 2 catches 22yds 2 drops

Game 2: 1 catch 7ds no drops

Originally posted by Leonard Washington

. in his defense, brunell was throwing it to him.

I know people dont like Brunell so to speak on this site, but his passes were on the mark (no pun intended) :laugh:

It's obvious his hand is really hurting him. Before the game they showed him and Rod Gardner on the 50 discussing his hand and looking at the stitches.

Originally posted by goskins

Somebody said something about McCants having stitches in his hand....maybe that's why he dropped passes?

How did Dyson play?

I remember seeing his hand all taped up and him grabbing it like it hurt badly.

If he has stitches in his hand and can't catch then he shouldn't be playing. I watched one play when we were in the red zone where he didn't even run his route, he just kinda jogged towards the endzone while Brunell was scrambling for his life and had to dump it off to someone else. If you're gonna play through pain then do it and don't be a drama queen about it. This kind of attitude is why Dyson makes the team and he doesn't.

hand or not, if you're cleared to be on the field you're supposed to make plays. don't get me wrong i'm a mccants fan, but he's gotta make those catches. it seemed that brunell was looking for him alot at the beginning of the second half.

i hope the coaching staff can sympathize with his condition. dyson did make a nice sideline catch.

Of note, regarding McCants:

I was listening to the beginning of the game on radio due to the fact I was in the car still...

One of the announcers (Sonny, I think) said to "watch out" for McCants because he has been "really coming on as a threat on special teams." He didnt really elaborate on why/how he was a threat.

I think that is a good sign. I think as the preseason goes on, its gonna become more and more apparent that there is a need for a big possesion receiver on this team. McCants can get open. He has showed that throughout his career. We need him on this team.

Dyson looked alright on Saturday. I don't ever remember either of them being to spectacular. but, I think Dmac should make the team just so we can have a little bit of hieght for our recievers. He should be able to play a big part in our redzone offense. I'm sorry, Ijust don't see santana moss running a fade route from the 5 yard line

I really hope that stitches were the reason McCants dropped at least two balls. Can't really use it as an excuse, as he must have been making catches in practice to justify playing him.

I thought Dyson looked very good. Would like to see him with the starters / against the 1st team D.

Archived