Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Could the Bears want Ramsey?

B&GPride44

Is it possible the injury stricken Bears might make another play at getting Ramsey in there to help in a pinch as they tried to do when he was rookie holdout here in Washington? Could be a win win for both because I like Ramsey and want to see him do well just not in the opener against his former team!!!Haha! Just a hypothetical what do you all think?

I don't think the Bears are interested in anyone else right now. They think they have a somewhat serviceable backup and drafted a QB some thing might supplant Grossman in the future. I don't think they'll be after a new starter, considering Grossman will still probably play some this year.

First of all, the Redskins are not trading Ramsey after two weeks of TC and one preseason game.

Secondly, if the Bears were to go out and get someone to play while Grossman is out, it probably wouldn't be a younger QB who might struggle and experience growing pains. They would be better off getting a veteran to "keep the seat warm" for Grossman.

With Grossman gone again, his time in Chicago is limited, the whole organization knows it. This is probably a blessing in disguise for Lovie - now he can focus on improving the D and get Benson in camp. Maybe they can pull out a one win season but probably lose enough to hear next April......with the #1 pick Da Bears select Matt Leinart QB USC

Originally posted by e-basham

With Grossman gone again, his time in Chicago is limited, the whole organization knows it. This is probably a blessing in disguise for Lovie - now he can focus on improving the D and get Benson in camp. Maybe they can pull out a one win season but probably lose enough to hear next April......with the #1 pick Da Bears select Matt Leinart QB USC

Which would give them three QBs 25 and under and at most (in the unlikely event that Kyle Orton opens the season as the starter) 22 games of experience between them.

Why would they do that?

Please stop Hate'n on Ramsey. It was one game! I agree that he didn't looke comfortable, did not score a TD and was unimpressive, but Ramsey has NEVER been given a far chance in the NFL.

This is his first year with a great O-Line. The boy is use to getting thrown on his back.

He needs to improve on reading defenses, checking down faster and not have tunnel vision.

However, it's too early! Let's talk about this after 3 games into the regular season.

That will be fair.

Ramsey still has almost a month to improve, and Im sure his performance friday is still in his mind. However, 8 of 12 passes is a very good percentage, and hopefully he can improve on that. If he doesnt do well, he will probably be traded after the season is done, though unlikely depending on the Brunell situation then. Either way, we wont be trading him now I believe.

Archived