Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Patrick will go to the PRO BOWL!

PREDICTOR

I watched Patrick tonight. He looked good. He may not have looked like YOU wanted him to look...but he looked good.

He looked good when he threw that pass to Cooley across the middle and Cooley rambled for about 10 more yards. Of course then Gibbs did nothing to help Patrick out. Cooley immediately left the game and the pass catching phenom Kozloski ENTERED THE GAME.

Patrick looked good dropping back and surveying the field DESPITE the immense pressure from one of the best defenses in the NFL that blitzed him constantly. Considering that Gibbs called pass after pass, just like the scrimmage, and considering that everybody in the stadium knew another pass was coming, I think Patrick handled the pressure extremely well. God only knows how well Patrick could look if we RAN 2 out of 3 plays instead of passing 2 out of 3 plays.

Also, his stats weren't bad. He made 1 bad throw. The deep ball, which I'm sure he had to throw because Gibbs TOLD him to throw it. He has been criticized by most Ramsey haters as pulling the ball down and throwing short, even when Gibbs calls deep balls. So tonight he decided to throw deep and you criticize him for that also. Yes, he made a poor throw, and he has admitted that the ball came out of his hand wrong. I don't see that as being a regular thing since its only about the 2nd deep ball he has thrown in 2 years. 1 bad pass and he should be fired? Man, you're tough. As Dangerfield use to say.."TOUGH CROWD".

On a night when the Ravens were scoring 3 points, the Colts were scoring 3 points, the Falcons scored 3 points, and Cleveland was busy looking pathetic, if PATRICK makes that 1 deep throw, he would have been 9-12 with a TD and many of you would be hailing him as Peyton Manning's equal.

So 1..ONE single throw made all the difference in the world. And that on a night when everybody in the house knew Gibbs was going to call pass after pass. Not only that, but why take Cooley out, why play Rock Cartright...and to make matters WORSE...

while Carolina was busy running reverses, QB rollouts, and digging deep into their playbook...Joe Gibbs was telling Patrick to drop back 7 steps and just throw over the middle time and time again.

I gotta tell you. I will be here in 10-12 weeks and if you will also, I am writing your names down. That is you Ramsey haters, and we will talk about this in 10-12 weeks when the Skins are somewhere around 5-3 or 6-2 and Patrick is looking much better because...well because..... it WON'T BE PRE SEASON.

P.S. that thing about the PRO BOWL. Thats why they call me predictor.

Appreciate the perspective...

I am not a Ramsey hater..But I have not heard or read good things..This whole season hinges on his performance..IMHO

I have not witnessed one throw this season so I can't say anything.

I'm just a concerned fan who knows Ramsey has to step it up and play well week in and week out, for this team to have any real success this season.

I've even heard some good things about Brunell in here which would be a plus considering what I saw last season.

I doubt if he had thrown the TD instead of the pick I would have declared him Probowl bound but it would have been nice to find out what I would have thought "if".

God only knows how well Patrick could look if we RAN 2 out of 3 plays instead of passing 2 out of 3 plays....everybody in the house knew Gibbs was going to call pass after pass

First Series: 2 passes 2 runs

Second : 1 pass 2 runs

Third : 7 passes 3 runs (1 run called back by pen.)

Forth : 1 pass 2 runs

Fifth : 3 pass 1 run

While Ramsey was in there were 14 passes and 10 runs...hardly pass happy as you claim.

You can also add Sonny Jurgensen,Jeff Bostic and Brian Mitchell as so called Ramsey haters.They all say he was off on most of his passes and had happy feet.

The best thing about tonight… when the ball got to the receivers, they caught it… well except McCants.

Patrick made decent, Brunell-type decisions that Gibbs likes. He appeared to look down the field first, before checking down. I only wish they had a knowledgeable, former QB in the booth, like Sonny to breakdown his performance more accurately for the local broadcast.

I think Gibbs may have been simulating passing situations with Patrick to see how he would respond.

I'm not a Ramsey hater....I'm more of an equal opportunity hater for people that don't play well. I have always hated Jimoh. I currently am out of love w/ Ramsey and DMac.

I guess you should put me on the list too....b/c I don't think Ramsey would even be allowed to buy a ticket to the Pro Bowl this year. He needs to get it together. I hope he does.

Last year during the season we had a lot of offensive penalties and dropped passes...along with the ineffiencies of the QBs. I have a feeling we're going to be a lot more solid on the line, so hopefully Patrick and Mark will settle into their roles more. The only person I saw dropping passes last night was McCants..and that's a shame too because I like him. I always have. He needs to step it up over the next few games or he'll find himself off the team.

I'd hate to see that happen. I think he has a lot of potential.

I don't give a $h!+ about the Pro Bowl. I'd just for once like to see Patrick put his heels on the ground instead of tippy-toeing around back there like an anorexic ballerina. His footwork/happy-feet do not remind me of one single Pro Bowl QB that I have ever seen. Dude's got a long way to go...

Originally posted by TheDarb

I don't give a $h!+ about the Pro Bowl. I'd just for once like to see Patrick put his heels on the ground instead of tippy-toeing around back there like an anorexic ballerina. His footwork/happy-feet do not remind me of one single Pro Bowl QB that I have ever seen. Dude's got a long way to go...

Have you even seen Peyton Mannings feet. Perennial pro bowler but looks like a ballerina as well.

Ramsey needs a frickin chance. Give him 8 games and open up the playbook and he will kick as$.

Originally posted by chet06

Have you even seen Peyton Mannings feet. Perennial pro bowler but looks like a ballerina as well.

Ramsey needs a frickin chance. Give him 8 games and open up the playbook and he will kick as$.

I disagree. Watch some game footage. Manning moves his feet with purpose. He shuffles to move up in the pocket or to slide laterally to avoid the rush - all the while keeping his eyes downfield, but not zeroed-in on one receiver. Patrick shuffles his feet for no useful purpose - he's nervous or uncomfortable.

I drank the Ramsey cool-aid a couple years ago, but I just up-chucked it recently. That's not to say that #11 can't/won't improve. You just have to look at it without your burgundy colored glasses.

Let me ask you this: If Ramsey was QB of the Cowboys, Eagles, or Giants, would you be the least bit concerned about him beating you?

Originally posted by TheDarb

Let me ask you this: If Ramsey was QB of the Cowboys, Eagles, or Giants, would you be the least bit concerned about him beating you?

Excellent question. Had he played for them like he's played for us - yes, I'd be the least bit concerned he'd have flashes of brilliance.......but I'd be pretty sure he'd beat himself.

:2cents:

Hey gang:

I posted something similar on ESPN. Here's my 2 cents for what is worth.

1) O-line looked great.

2) Even as solid as our O-line looked, Ramsey still would not set his feet. He was always dancing around back there. His interception looked more like "see I can throw it down the field" versus "hit the open guy". Also, his accuracy looked off. He looked like he knew where everyone was supposed to be; he looked like he was rushing himself more than the defense was. I hate to say it, but Brunell looked better tonight. I am not saying Brunell is better, but he really did have some nice touch and zip on the ball last night. Campbell played well. Let's keep all this in perspective though, Brunell and Campbell played against 2nd and 3rd stringers, and Brunell has had almost a entire year of rest.

3) Moss ran some nice routes, but couldn't break free until his 3rd move. Patten played tough. McCants couldn't catch a cold. Antonio Brown looked pretty good too.

4) Portis looked like a speeding tank. I know he only rushed one time, but did you see how pushed the defenders forward. Nice. Betts looked really good. I glad we have him because he could probably be starting for someone elses squad. Rock did OK. Broughton was really good. I see Broughton beating out Rock if his play continues like this.

5) Defense didn't look to bad, alot of starters were out. Liked what I saw from the Princeton kid, Kearsay is it. Also, McCune was pretty good.

In short, saw a lot of good things. A little worried about Ramsey, he just needs to settle down and not think so much. Gibbs didn't show much of anything on offense, but this is nothing new. Our third down conversion percentage was impressive, especially compared to last year. Defense looked good, but with so many starters out, it is to early to tell about things.

Go Redskins

honestly, i did see some nice throws from Ramsey and i saw some bad ones... most people here seem to be really exaggerating his performance. Yes, true he has to improve but to say he was an absolute bum, is incorrect. Second, from what i saw Brunell looked good, but it was against the second unit defense, so that would warrant an asteric. And same thing for J. Campbell, playing against the third string. So though i agree that the jury is out on Ramsey, lets wait until the regular season before we start to drill him, and lets quit treating him like he's a rookie.

What might help Patrick out is putting an offensive team of 9 on the practice field... and 11 defensive players. Make absolutely zero of the players be RBs and force him to practice against constant blitzes from the Redskins defensive team. It will force him to throw to his WRs and look down field first before settling with his RBs and give him much needed time to gel with his receivers.

Just a thought anyhow. I think he had a decent show yesterday compared to last year vs Denver but there is a lot of room for improvement.

I wouldn't say I'm a Patrick hater. I've been supporting him and rooting him on and I was wearing his jersey while watching the game last night.

But last night's game was not encouraging to say the least. Yes his completion % looks good, but be real, how many passes did he throw beyond 10 yards? Hell how many did he throw beyond 5? He had happy feet and was staring his WRs down. The one thing he did do good was step up in the pocket when the outside of the pocket was collapsing.

I'll be ecstatic if Ramsey makes the Pro Bowl because that most likely means we are a Super Bowl contender because the rest of our team, in my view, is set. You can label me what you want. We'll see....

Archived