Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Patrick will go to the PRO BOWL!

PREDICTOR

Originally posted by PREDICTOR

I watched Patrick tonight. He looked good. He may not have looked like YOU wanted him to look...but he looked good.

I gotta tell you. I will be here in 10-12 weeks and if you will also, I am writing your names down. That is you Ramsey haters, and we will talk about this in 10-12 weeks when the Skins are somewhere around 5-3 or 6-2 and Patrick is looking much better because...well because..... it WON'T BE PRE SEASON.

P.S. that thing about the PRO BOWL. Thats why they call me predictor.

Haha, Pro Bowl?? Well, on second thought I do recall other average/bad QB's like Gus Frerotte making the Pro Bowl in the past because everyone in the conference above him backed out of participating in the game - so I guess that is a possibility.

Tell you what - you're the one making bold posts - why don't say something that actually says some meaning.

Predict him to be voted All-Pro (either 1st or 2nd team All Pro for the NFC), and then you're really saying something.

Pro Bowl? Pfft, please. Who cares. Anybody could end up there.

This has got to be the biggest joke for a thread title I have ever seen. We have a guy who still looks like hes in his rookie season out there and you seriously are saying he will go to the probowl. I think you need to worry about a good season more than a pro bowl. I will list the QB's in the NFC better then him then you tell me if he will realistically make the pro bowl.

McNabb

Vick

Culpepper

Favre

Delhomme

Aaron Brooks

Kurt Warner

Mark Bulger

Hassleback

Eli Manning

Again please tell me how a player who doesnt even have the confidence of his coach going to go to the pro bowl?

Originally posted by chet06

Have you even seen Peyton Mannings feet. Perennial pro bowler but looks like a ballerina as well.

Ramsey needs a frickin chance. Give him 8 games and open up the playbook and he will kick as$.

In all fairness to Ramsey, him and peyton manning shouldnt ever even be in the same paragraph. Peyton moves with a purpose, hence the 50 touchdown passes last year. Ramsey is shaky and moves because he is nervous with the ball. Big Difference.

Originally posted by TheDarb

I disagree. Watch some game footage. Manning moves his feet with purpose. He shuffles to move up in the pocket or to slide laterally to avoid the rush - all the while keeping his eyes downfield, but not zeroed-in on one receiver. Patrick shuffles his feet for no useful purpose - he's nervous or uncomfortable.

I drank the Ramsey cool-aid a couple years ago, but I just up-chucked it recently. That's not to say that #11 can't/won't improve. You just have to look at it without your burgundy colored glasses.

Let me ask you this: If Ramsey was QB of the Cowboys, Eagles, or Giants, would you be the least bit concerned about him beating you?

Ask that question after week number 2!

I, like everyone else would like to see Ramsey in the Pro Bowl, but c'mon now! Let's keep it real (I hate that line too) Ramsey looked like he had digressed from last year. I saw all the good things that you did too - wasn't enough for me even if it was only the first pre-season game. I was just hoping for Ramsey to complete a pass much less get some yardage on it. That is not the play of a starting qb much less one of Pro Bowl caliber. I'll still be rooting for Ramsey but for now, go ahead and put me on that "hater" list. I hope I'm wrong.

Originally posted by Renegade7

Ramsey will not outperform Dante Culpepper, Donovan McNabb, and Micheal Vick this season. Infact, I doubt he'll even come close.

Too many anti Ramsey posts to repsond to them all, so I picked yours.

Patrick will not outperform Michael Vick....certainly not in the running game...however, Patrick will be better at passing. Vick has yet to prove he can be anything more than a running back who throws the ball hard. Without his legs Vick would be Tony Banks.

While I appreciate your pessimistic outlook, it is based on seeing McNabb last year after 5 years in the same system, throwing to T.O. It is based on seeing Culpepper in the same system for 5 years.....throwing to Randy Moss. While T.O. could still play some, Moss is gone.

You have also judged Patrick on last years performance when he was in year number ONE of his system. Not only that but while both McNabb and Culpepper were starting and playing, Patrick was busy sitting on the bench going stale.

Let us give Patrick more than 1 single game to get going. He has only 1 year in the system and new receivers on top of that. Gibbs system is complicated and not everyone learns at the same speed. As Patrick Ramsey continues to learn, and practice, and play in real time games...he will look better and better.

Some of you are taking a snapshot of this first game and prjecting it deep into the future while comparing his experience with that of veterans who have had a 5 year head start...... and thats not realistic without considering Patricks situation.

While Patrick is NOT at pro bowl level right now...which is what some of you seem to think should be the situation....he will continue to improve over the next 2 months. And actually we are not talking about improving by yards...or even feet...the necessary improvement now has dwindled to inches.

Look for Patrick to improve just a little in the CINCY game next week...but nevertheless...improve.

Originally posted by chet06

Have you even seen Peyton Mannings feet. Perennial pro bowler but looks like a ballerina as well.

Ramsey needs a frickin chance. Give him 8 games and open up the playbook and he will kick as$.

This is something I also noted and thats why Ramsey moving his feet doesn't bother me. chet06... not only does Manning stay in motion and move his feet but actually Brett Farve occasionally looks like he has had too much coffee also.

Not everyone looks like Joe Montana....dropping back...patting the ball with both feet planted firmly on the ground, the QB looking totally relaxed. Although Tony Banks did an EXCELLENT impression of Joe Montana. Nothing rattled Tony Banks, he patted the ball, stood tall in the pocket, never flinched, never moved a muscle, and was the picture of calm.....unfortunately he just couldn't throw the ball. Therfore, I doubt whether moving his feet, or looking like you want him to, has much bearing on whether or not Patrick will succeed next week against CINCY.

Originally posted by TheDarb

I disagree. Watch some game footage. Manning moves his feet with purpose. He shuffles to move up in the pocket or to slide laterally to avoid the rush - all the while keeping his eyes downfield, but not zeroed-in on one receiver. Patrick shuffles his feet for no useful purpose - he's nervous or uncomfortable.

I drank the Ramsey cool-aid a couple years ago, but I just up-chucked it recently. That's not to say that #11 can't/won't improve. You just have to look at it without your burgundy colored glasses.

Let me ask you this: If Ramsey was QB of the Cowboys, Eagles, or Giants, would you be the least bit concerned about him beating you?

It's a 100% lock that if Ramsey was a Cowboy/Eagle/Giant that this board would have a 50+ response thread talking about how bad he sucks.

I don't think he's going to be making the Pro-Bowl, but he doesn't have to in order to lead this team to success. In fact, with just slight improvements on last night, he could very well do that.

From where I was sitting, he threw 2 legitimately bad passes: the INT and the corner to Patten on 3rd down out of the shotgun. As was said earlier, if Ramsey hits that bomb to Santana, everyone is all over him. Assuming that pass is completed for 40 yards with no other changes in his line, Ramsey's QB rating is 106. I'd take that. Assuming that Moss catches it and takes it to the house, Ramsey's QB rating is 142. Which is quite obviously phenomenal.

Now, obviously, the previous statistical means nothing because in real life, he didn't hit the pass. I'm just saying that aside from that deep ball, he had a decent outing. My hope is that the accurate deep ball comes with more reps and more practice throughout TC. If it doesn't, maybe we have trouble. But here's to hoping, anyway, that Patrick puts it all together. He's got the tools, he just needs a bit more refining on the deep ball and on footwork. That can happen.

Originally posted by PREDICTOR

I watched Patrick tonight. He looked good. He may not have looked like YOU wanted him to look...but he looked good.

He looked good when he threw that pass to Cooley across the middle and Cooley rambled for about 10 more yards. Of course then Gibbs did nothing to help Patrick out. Cooley immediately left the game and the pass catching phenom Kozloski ENTERED THE GAME.

Patrick looked good dropping back and surveying the field DESPITE the immense pressure from one of the best defenses in the NFL that blitzed him constantly. Considering that Gibbs called pass after pass, just like the scrimmage, and considering that everybody in the stadium knew another pass was coming, I think Patrick handled the pressure extremely well. God only knows how well Patrick could look if we RAN 2 out of 3 plays instead of passing 2 out of 3 plays.

Also, his stats weren't bad. He made 1 bad throw. The deep ball, which I'm sure he had to throw because Gibbs TOLD him to throw it. He has been criticized by most Ramsey haters as pulling the ball down and throwing short, even when Gibbs calls deep balls. So tonight he decided to throw deep and you criticize him for that also. Yes, he made a poor throw, and he has admitted that the ball came out of his hand wrong. I don't see that as being a regular thing since its only about the 2nd deep ball he has thrown in 2 years. 1 bad pass and he should be fired? Man, you're tough. As Dangerfield use to say.."TOUGH CROWD".

You are HIGH and OUTTA' YOUR MIND!!! Basically you're blaming Gibbs because Ramsey wasn't comfortable in the pocket??? Because RAMSEY is still throwing a 4 yard pass when it's 3rd and 6?? Everybody's not mad because of ONE PASS! They're mad because after 4 YEARS and all the changes you can think of, RAMSEY still doesn't look comfortable in the pocket and he STILL doesn't look confident. How can you expect a team to follow a QB they know isn't really a leader???

On a night when the Ravens were scoring 3 points, the Colts were scoring 3 points, the Falcons scored 3 points, and Cleveland was busy looking pathetic, if PATRICK makes that 1 deep throw, he would have been 9-12 with a TD and many of you would be hailing him as Peyton Manning's equal.

So 1..ONE single throw made all the difference in the world. And that on a night when everybody in the house knew Gibbs was going to call pass after pass. Not only that, but why take Cooley out, why play Rock Cartright...and to make matters WORSE...

while Carolina was busy running reverses, QB rollouts, and digging deep into their playbook...Joe Gibbs was telling Patrick to drop back 7 steps and just throw over the middle time and time again.

I gotta tell you. I will be here in 10-12 weeks and if you will also, I am writing your names down. That is you Ramsey haters, and we will talk about this in 10-12 weeks when the Skins are somewhere around 5-3 or 6-2 and Patrick is looking much better because...well because..... it WON'T BE PRE SEASON.

P.S. that thing about the PRO BOWL. Thats why they call me predictor.

This is for the Predictor:

You are HIGH and OUTTA' YOUR MIND!!! Basically you're blaming Gibbs because Ramsey wasn't comfortable in the pocket??? Because RAMSEY is still throwing a 4 yard pass when it's 3rd and 6?? Everybody's not mad because of ONE PASS! They're mad because after 4 YEARS and all the changes you can think of, RAMSEY still doesn't look comfortable in the pocket and he STILL doesn't look confident. How can you expect a team to follow a QB they know isn't really a leader???

I wish the best for Ramsey, and all I want out of him this year is to complete a few more passes, maybe throw a couple more touchdowns, and a couple less interceptions so defenses will lay off Portis. All Ramsey's job this year will be making defenses believe we have something that at least resembles a passing game so Portis can get some breathing room. Pro-Bowl? Not likely AT ALL. So, put me on your "hater list." (LMAO)

My question to you, which was already posed by someone else but you in turn dodged, is how are you going to react if Patrick comes nothing close to being considered for a Pro-Bowl slot? Will you be full of excuses, or will you be a man and eat the crow?

Just because people dissent with your opinion, you don't have to call them a hater or a cynic.

Some people like to use empirical reason to justify their claims.

For example: In order to make the NFC Pro Bowl QB roster, Patrick Ramsey will have to dethrone Donovan McNabb, Michael Vick and Daunte Cullpeper. There are also fringe/ex-pro bowlers such as Aaron Brooks, Jake Delhomme , Brett Favre and Matt Hasselbeck.

One of the commonalities of each of these quarterbacks listed above is a superior offensive structure than the Redskins. Our offense doesn't facilitate great things for Patrick, even if he does a great job this year of distributing the ball.

It's not hating on the man, it's being somewhat realistic.

Besides, we don't NEED a Pro Bowl quarterback to succeed. We need some ball control and random busrts of explosiveness, coupled with stringent defense, a la last year.

Let's be realisitic.

Archived