Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ramsey completed 67% of his passes, haters pull down your skirts

boobiemiles

I for one have been a Ramsey supporter from day one. I love the kid - he has the character and talent to be a great ambassador for the league. Unfortunately last night, I have to say that was awful. Yeah, stats are good, but he looked petrified, even when protection was good. If he doesn't return to the fearless QB of a couple years ago when he was getting mauled behind a pathetic O-Line, we are in trouble.

Originally posted by LivestrongSkins

Do you honestly think completion percentage decides if a QB played bad or not? He looks shaky with the ball, no confidence, and I dont think hes thrown one touch pass since becoming a redskin.

Ramsey, Moss, and Patten have to work on timing. I can't beleive that people think that reecievers come in and have instance success with a new QB. Timimg will be work out hopefully during the pre-season. 67% means to me that he is reading the field better. IMO Ramsey has to develope faith in his o-line, timing with his wr's, and the poise and confidence will come.

Some of you are unbelievable. Ramsey's stats don't necessary reflect game play, but he isn't as terrible as everyone thinks either. Those of you who said he isn't making his reads needs to re-watch the game. The only read he did make was the interception he threw, and that looked more like he was trying to throw a touch pass instead or something. He went against Carolina first string D with no offense installed. The annoucers even said Gibbs only installed 7 run plays for the scrimmage. Don't get me wrong, Ramsey looked uncomfortable in pocket even though he had a world of time to throw the ball. If he is still dancing around after the 3rd preseason game, then I say we have something to worry about. The guy played smart football and unless he doesn't calm down and plays poorly, he is going to start for us.

Ramsey from what I saw was not comfortable, and he had other opportunities to throw deeper, but he did not scan the field before dumping it to the nearest RB. So really it is more like the saying, Lies, Damn Lies and Statistics. Those stats are misleading. Ramsey, make no mistake is not poised enough to be an NFL starter at this time. It is a shame.

Originally posted by chaught76

Some of you are unbelievable. Ramsey's stats don't necessary reflect game play, but he isn't as terrible as everyone thinks either. Those of you who said he isn't making his reads needs to re-watch the game. The only read he did make was the interception he threw, and that looked more like he was trying to throw a touch pass instead or something. He went against Carolina first string D with no offense installed. The annoucers even said Gibbs only installed 7 run plays for the scrimmage. Don't get me wrong, Ramsey looked uncomfortable in pocket even though he had a world of time to throw the ball. If he is still dancing around after the 3rd preseason game, then I say we have something to worry about. The guy played smart football and unless he doesn't calm down and plays poorly, he is going to start for us.

Sorry bud, but each time #11 steps on the field it seems he's regressing. Believe me when I say I want to see Patrick succeed, but it's not going to happen if he doesn't calm the *#@! down in the pocket. His feet are so happy it looks as if he is audtioning for 'River Dance' instead of a starting NFL QB.

Originally posted by boobiemiles

Ramsey, Moss, and Patten have to work on timing. I can't beleive that people think that reecievers come in and have instance success with a new QB.

Rod Gardner, 1st game, 2 catches, 1 touchdown.

PR has one more game in my opinion he had all summer to prepare for this and didnt step up. There are too many good players in the NFL to wait around for it to click on for someone. I dont want to end up like Detroit with top WR and no QB to convince me that my QB is not NFL quality.

Originally posted by boobiemiles

Dump off paasses are so bad that they got both the Patriots and Eagles to the Super bowl last year. Ramsey will gain poise as the season goes on. If the line performs, then he'll get comfortable in the pocket. The threat of the deep ball is all we need, and Mosss gives us that. What's the problem? Like I said if Ramsey can complete 67% of his passes then we will win a lot of football games.

As a Patriots fan, I can tell you you do not know much about the game of football at all.

Yeah, the Patriots got to the Super Bowl by throwing dump off passes. Do you know how stupid that sentence is?

The Patriots do not throw WR screen passes every other throw like the Redskins offense does.

Tom Brady threw TWENTY EIGHT touchdown passes versus 14 interceptions.

28 touchdown passes. How many did the Redskins TEAM throw last year? And how many interceptions?

Corey Dillon smoked the NFL for over 1,600 yards on the ground and unlike the Redskins - because of team's fear of Tom Brady - Dillon averaged 4.7 yards per carry. What was Portis' average again - due to the fact that no one in the NFL is scared at all at the Redskins passing game?

I'm in agreement with what others have said in this thread.

The problem last night wasn't just the INT or a couple of missed throws, Ramsey looked skittish out there. Both Brunell and Campbell looked cool and comfortable.

Now before anyone brings up the #1 D arguement, Patrick faced the Panthers #1 D for a couple of series and had strong pass protection anyway even when the #1 D was in there. Also Brunell, who in past threads I said should never see the field again for the Redskins except in an emergency, had a guy in his face on one play and threaded a wonderful pass to Brown for a big gainer. That is what Patrick needs to show. A command of this offense and the ability to deliver the pass where it needs to be even with people in his face.

I'm a Patrick supporter, but the Redskins are bigger than any one player and because of that I'm not "married" to him as being our starter. I'm tired of losing and I want a QB in there who looks like he knows what he's doing and is in command of things.

Last night Brunell and Campbell looked like that QB and Ramsey did not. Watch the game on the NFL Network replay for yourself, you'll see the completion pct stat does not mean Patrick played well.

With that all said, I'm looking forward to Friday and I'm rooting for Patrick to step it up and look like a player who wants to keep his job.

I'm not freaking out here, but as long as we're throwing out stats on Ramsey, does 49.7 passer rating mean anything? And 0 TDs? And, well, longest pass of 16 yards.

Its preseaon, look at Joe Gibbs' preseason record and how well the Skins' did in preseaon before they won the Super Bowl 3 times. Another interesting statistic...

Guest amaprius

Ramsey will only be a good quarterback in a place that is not Washington because Gibbs has gotten into his head. Two years of having Gibbs say one thing and acting another has killed his chances. Getting a new QB to replace him has thrown off his confidence. Trade him for a second or third round pick.

when the opposing Defense is blitzing you, you are supposed to throw off a small dumpoff pass to take advantage of the vacated space. Ramsey did what you are SUPPOSED TO DO in those situations.

Amen.

Let's hope he can wipe the sweat off his hands from that one bad long throw and complete it next time. At least he has time to make those dump off passes for now!

Didn't SEE the game but what Larry and Sonny said on Redskins radio sounded like Patrick had a real hard time out there.

They seemed to like what Brunell was doing and how the O were clicking on plays that worked to Brunells abilities (plays to the left side).

They liked what Campbell was doing and saw potential in him.

completion percentage doesn't mean a damn if the only passes completed are under 10 yards.

I am not going to stand here and say we have to turn to Brunell or Campbell to start against the Bears.

But Brunell's performance has given Gibbs an option. Brunell showed good movement and a live arm ( by the standards of what we saw last year). He definitely looked more confident than Ramsey and took greater advantage of the time the line gave him to find targets.

I don't think the qb situation is a done deal as far as Gibbs is concerned.

3 more preseason games to go and the opener a month off, Ramsey still has to prove he can lead this offense to first quarter scores to give this team an advantage.

Zero points speaks very loudly.

Originally posted by bulldog

completion percentage doesn't mean a damn if the only passes completed are under 10 yards.

I am not going to stand here and say we have to turn to Brunell or Campbell to start against the Bears.

But Brunell's performance has given Gibbs an option. Brunell showed good movement and a live arm ( by the standards of what we saw last year). He definitely looked more confident than Ramsey and took greater advantage of the time the line gave him to find targets.

I don't think the qb situation is a done deal as far as Gibbs is concerned.

3 more preseason games to go and the opener a month off, Ramsey still has to prove he can lead this offense to first quarter scores to give this team an advantage.

Zero points speaks very loudly.

I agree 100%

Ramsey does not look comfortable at all in the pocket. He was terrible last night. Brunell actually looked a lot more comfortable in the pocket the better QB.

I still think we are going to regret getting rid of Garnder just because of his size, he is going to have a big year.

Before the game Brian Mitchell said Ramsey will not be the opening day QB.

I liked the redskins tv, but hate the name :puke:

I am not upset that Gardner is gone. He pushed off on the TD, and Dyson looked just as good as he did last night.

I do, however, agree with what Bulldog said. Ramsey still has to prove he belongs as the starter. I really hope he comes through. I want to see some improvement next Friday.

Originally posted by Yamaha

As a Patriots fan, I can tell you you do not know much about the game of football at all.

Yeah, the Patriots got to the Super Bowl by throwing dump off passes. Do you know how stupid that sentence is?

The Patriots do not throw WR screen passes every other throw like the Redskins offense does.

Tom Brady threw TWENTY EIGHT touchdown passes versus 14 interceptions.

28 touchdown passes. How many did the Redskins TEAM throw last year? And how many interceptions?

Corey Dillon smoked the NFL for over 1,600 yards on the ground and unlike the Redskins - because of team's fear of Tom Brady - Dillon averaged 4.7 yards per carry. What was Portis' average again - due to the fact that no one in the NFL is scared at all at the Redskins passing game?

Scared of who....David Givens, David Patten, or the oft injured Bethel Johnson. Not one of your wr had a 1000 tards last year. Corey Dillon always gets his yards. Dillon has a 4.4 career average. And I tyhink we forgot that Dillon use to play for Ciny that had no body at all. In 99 and 2000 he average 4.6 yards a carry. The Patriots didn't make CDill great, he been that way. This is the same guy that gained 1500 yards in 8 games in college, so I know Dillon is nice. Maybe DIllon running open things up for the passing game., The Patriots take advantage of their oppurtunities, get in FG position and win the game in the end. Nothing complicated. The Patriots spread the ball around to everybody, TE's, FB's, RB's. Everybody gets involved and gives Brady options. Brady has a 7.8 yard per completion percentage. Peyton Manning he's not, but he takes what the d gives him, and tosses the ball down the field every now and then to keep people honest. But please don't tell me that the Pats passing game scares people. I puts you guys in position to win games, that's all I want.

Originally posted by Yamaha

Rod Gardner, 1st game, 2 catches, 1 touchdown.

Gardner is going to flourish because Dan Henning is going to know how to use him. He'll be their Art Monk. Gardner is fimiliar with the system so he can adjust quickly. Plus Del is comfotable so good things are going to happen.

I think as we get further and further away from the game, most people are coming to what I feel is the best conclusion: Patrick was disappointing last night in that he was skittish in the pocket and made a few bad throws. However, he did some good things, as well, and gave us some hope that with a few adjustments over the rest of the pre-season, he can be the QB we need him to be.

Archived