Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ramsey completed 67% of his passes, haters pull down your skirts

boobiemiles

I can't wait for Ramsey to kick butt next week and shut the naysayers up. He had an average outing in PRE-SEASON against a top 5 defense. I bet you would be gunshy too if you had 4 sacks last week against....ANOTHER top 5 defense. And how many times was he sacked tonight? Hmmmm....ZERO TIMES! I'm giving him a pass on this week. He now has some much needed faith in his line and will do wonderful things next week. Hail Skins!

Originally posted by Matt Kyriacou

Christ......none of you think that having Clinton Portis carrying the ball 25 times a game will open things up a bit?

Sometimes I think that I spend too much time in "Romper Room".

Oh, c'mon. Like that worked last year. :doh:

Originally posted by jds84

I can't wait for Ramsey to kick butt next week and shut the naysayers up. He had an average outing in PRE-SEASON against a top 5 defense. I bet you would be gunshy too if you had 4 sacks last week against....ANOTHER top 5 defense. And how many times was he sacked tonight? Hmmmm....ZERO TIMES! I'm giving him a pass on this week. He now has some much needed faith in his line and will do wonderful things next week. Hail Skins!

So he needs a crap defense to play against in order to really judge him.

Kinda like the 2nd Giants game last year:laugh:

Guest Matt Kyriacou
Originally posted by Renegade7

Oh, c'mon. Like that worked last year. :doh:

Ummmm.......yeah. That was the only freaking thing that worked on O last year.

Originally posted by KevinMac

How many points did he put on the board?

Oh.

As they say, there are lies, damn lies, then there are statistics. An off the chart completion % doesn't mean jack when a large majority of your passes are dump offs.

umm, no he didn't. He had all the time in the world. He wasn't pressured to throw anything.

I really have to wonder what game some of you watched.

You may be right but let me ask YOU a quesiton: How many games has Patrick Ramsey lost in 2005? The answer is NONE.

This is pre season. I don't think I have ever seenJoe Gibbs teams look great in the pre season so he must try a lot of experimenting with plays and routes and qb throws. You and I have no idea what Gibbs was attempting to accomplish tonight but if he were trying to give Patrick Ramsey every opportunity to succeed then Clinton Portis would have played the whole first half and he would have had 10-12 carries. That didn't happen so therefore I can assume that the Joe Gibbs agenda had little to do with winning or giving Patrick every opoortunity to complete all his passes. I also doubt if Gibbs agenda includes making you happy with Patrick.

Dump off paasses are so bad that they got both the Patriots and Eagles to the Super bowl last year. Ramsey will gain poise as the season goes on. If the line performs, then he'll get comfortable in the pocket. The threat of the deep ball is all we need, and Mosss gives us that. What's the problem? Like I said if Ramsey can complete 67% of his passes then we will win a lot of football games. Plus when has 9.63 yards a pass been short. Read my post please. And again it's ONLY PRESAESON. Spurrier scored 35 points a game in the preseason and came up lame in the regular one. You can only look so hard into these games. And throwing to the dump off shows Pat is going through his reads. Man you guys are tough.

Ramsey sucked tonight period. If you want evidence just compare Delhomme to him. Both are healthy and both are the certified starter of their respective team. They both have worked all off-season as the starter. They both have lost their number 1 receiver. Yet look at the difference in production tonight. Why are we still giving excuses for this guy?

Here are the problems with Ramsey (and it has NOTHING to do with Spurrier):

- His is immobile

- He does not see the field

- He does not read defenses well

- He holds the ball too long and then forces plays

- He turns the ball over

This is who is is today, and all the wishing and excusing is not going to change it. I had the highest hopes for him, and maybe he can develop still. Maybe he is better than he showed - but we have not seen it yet. Gibbs draft choice starting to make sense to anyone else?

Not looking for excuses, especially since I didn't see the game, BUT is it PERHAPS possible that this was the first preseason game of the season? Just MAYBE Ramsey had the jidderbuggs, because just MAYBE it was the first game of the season? Just MAYBE it's too soon to draw massive conclusions, based on the FIRST preseason game? Just.. MAYBE? I'm also gonna go ahead and BELIEVE, that just MAYBE the coaches are closely watching these developments, and will just (you guessed it) MAYBE know the situation a bit better than I do. NAW, what the heck am I thinking. :D

A couple of points:

Ramsey played against the second team defense for several drives including one where our first team offense went three and against scrubs.

Ramsey looked bad, and was simply innacurate. His reading skills are fine. Moss had a few steps on a defender and ramsey CORRECTLY identified him as the target on that throw. I'm not sure where the reading the defense problems are coming in. I think he did a good job in this area.

The big problem is his accurancy on deep balls. He has never had any accuracy. It has nothing to do with coaching, it's just a limitation of his game. I still think ramsey is the better person to run this offense given what we saw last year. Ramsey found ways to get first downs last year on a number of occasions, and I think that when the real bullets start flying he's our man.

Originally posted by fmorris

Not looking for excuses, especially since I didn't see the game, BUT is it PERHAPS possible that this was the first preseason game of the season? Just MAYBE Ramsey had the jidderbuggs, because just MAYBE it was the first game of the season? Just MAYBE it's too soon to draw massive conclusions, based on the FIRST preseason game? Just.. MAYBE? I'm also gonna go ahead and BELIEVE, that just MAYBE the coaches are closely watching these developments, and will just (you guessed it) MAYBE know the situation a bit better than I do. NAW, what the heck am I thinking. :D

Let me put it this way - this is the same damn thread we have been writing for the guy since he came here. He is Mr. Potential but he has never delivered. Remember last year when we were playing the Eagles, end of the game, it was close, we drive down to the red zone, and on first down he throws in triple coverage and gets picked. That play epitomizes Ramsey, he just isn't a quality starter in the NFL.

BTW, since you didn't see it - Brunell looked great. And I was as surprised as anyone. I can tell you that you should not be suprised if Brunell is starting by the second or third week.

Originally posted by JimmiJo

Ramsey sucked tonight period. If you want evidence just compare Delhomme to him. Both are healthy and both are the certified starter of their respective team. They both have worked all off-season as the starter. They both have lost their number 1 receiver. Yet look at the difference in production tonight. Why are we still giving excuses for this guy?

Here are the problems with Ramsey (and it has NOTHING to do with Spurrier):

- His is immobile

- He does not see the field

- He does not read defenses well

- He holds the ball too long and then forces plays

- He turns the ball over

This is who is is today, and all the wishing and excusing is not going to change it. I had the highest hopes for him, and maybe he can develop still. Maybe he is better than he showed - but we have not seen it yet. Gibbs draft choice starting to make sense to anyone else?

And who is to replace Ramsey? Who do you want in as the starter? Could you please tell us instead of just hating and complaining?

Originally posted by skinsfan4l1fe

PREDICTOR

What are you talking about? Who wants to lose? He keep Portis out b/c Portis is a player and has nothing to prove PR has to prove himself b/c he has shown nothing. THe agenda is to win.

Most absurd quote of the day!

So the agenda is to WIN these pre season games. In that case Joe Gibbs hasn't been told. Better e-mail him.

Originally posted by Ignatius J.

A couple of points:

Ramsey looked bad, and was simply innacurate. His reading skills are fine. Moss had a few steps on a defender and ramsey CORRECTLY identified him as the target on that throw. I'm not sure where the reading the defense problems are coming in. I think he did a good job in this area.

I disagree. The interception demonstrates what I am saying.

1. He has a receiver running 10 yards in front of the inteded receiver who was wide open. Ramsey never looked at him.

2. He held the ball way too long on the play, the receiver stopped to wait for the ball and the defender jumep in front.

Originally posted by PREDICTOR

And who is to replace Ramsey? Who do you want in as the starter? Could you please tell us instead of just hating and complaining?

I'm not hating and I'm not complaining. I'm stating what is obvious.

Brunell looked better tonight than all of last year. He was throwing accurate bullet-passes 14-25 yards downfield. He got us our 10 points.

I agree it is too early to tell, but if they both play like they did tonight, Bruanell will start by week 2-3, if not by game 1.

Originally posted by skinsfan4l1fe

boobiemiles

You want a stat 0 thats how many pts he put on the board for us. I dont care if he completion pert was 100. It doesnt count as a score

You want a stat, 0. That's how many games we played so far. Scoring drives is not what this is about. What I want my QB to do is recognize what the d is trying to do and take what's given. Ramsey did that today in my eyes. He missed on a deep throw but that is one throw. We all know that Ramsey will throw for a touch down this year, so again what is the probelm? This is only pre season.

Originally posted by JimmiJo

I'm not hating and I'm not complaining. I'm stating what is obvious.

Brunell looked better tonight than all of last year. He was throwing accurate bullet-passes 14-25 yards downfield. He got us our 10 points.

I agree it is too early to tell, but if they both play like they did tonight, Bruanell will start by week 2-3, if not by game 1.

I pray everyday Joe doesn't think like you.

Archived