Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

4 arabs...

OrangeSkin

OK, so I go into the DMV today to pick up my new Redskins plate (it's pretty sweet), and I see these four arabs sitting with one another. Fair enough. Then I think, "What the hell would four arabs come to the DMV together for?"

So through some stealthy investigating (read: looking over their shoulder :) ) I was able to discover that all four were getting commercial licenses.

So my question is, am I just being my usual bigoted right-wing nut self, or do I have reason to be suspicious of four arabs getting commercial licenses?

Originally posted by escholz

But c'mon we know that four Arab men doing something like that could never cause any harm to anyone. Where does that Ashcroft guy get off anyway? It's not like they are flying planes into buildings or anything. :doh: :rolleyes:

You're right. Let's seize all those Arabs and send them off to Cuba! American citizens or not who cares! :doh: :rolleyes:

C'mon people, I wasn't going to call the FBI or anything, I was just noting that it's strange to see four arabs sitting in the DMV together. It's stranger when you recall that the government recently warned about terrorists using fuel tankers in bombings, and then it's really strange when you see that they're all getting commerical licenses.

I'm not against using racial profiling, but I am against using it without other information. If you knew that they associated with terrorists, then I think it's fair for the government to inquire into their application for commercial licenses. But in and of itself, this information means nothing. You'll have to rely upon the DMV, INS (if applicable) and other agencies to cross-check their information and to find irregularities with those guys.

How do you know that they are citizens.

They are still looking for over 20 guys with fake IDs and SSNs thanks to the chick from Nicaragua forging documents.

Wouldnt you think twice if they are all able to drive tractor trailers?

But as usual with liberals you have to wait for something to blow up or catch on fire before people are supposed to do something.

As I said before, if the tip came in and the government arrested those 19 guys before the 9-11 tragedy, liberals would be screaming racial profiling, no proof they only had pocketknives, nail files and unjustified confinement.

Orange:

Regarding the commercial licenses ...

I'm pro-individual liberty in many ways and I'm not quick to judge, but in this day and age I guess I would find 4 Arab men getting commercial licenses together somewhat suspicious IF:

--They were relatively young (18-35)

--They seemed to know each other intimately like a peer group (similar clothing, gestures, inside jokes, etc.)

I would find it wierd that 4 best friends were all applying for the same job on the same day. The odds of 4 best friends wanting the same line of work and all applying together would make this seem unlikely.

If they were mixed ages and didn't seem like similar people or best friends, it's probably nothing.

Just try to use good judgement. Remember that giving bad information to authorities can actually hinder more than help -- that's why profiling is usually left to trained professionals.

Originally posted by Reagan

TWO WORDS:

CAB DRIVERS

OR

RUG PILOTS

Hey, Reagan. Settle a dispute for me on this. I mentioned this joke to my wife, and she took "rug pilots" to mean flying carpets. Now, I had also thought of flying carpets, which was funny, but I thought you were referring to persian carpet dealers and their drivers (even funnier somehow). So which is it?

• 8 years later...

Archived