Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vikings: Smoot injures knee

ratbert_rizzo

Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff

He played through injuries all last year, i'm sure he'll be fine. although you gotta wonder if his little frame can take the pounding of astroturf...?

I've brought this up on many occasions. Astroturf will be hard on his body and yes he played through injuries the last couple of years, but he never had a knee injury.

Smoot is a solid cover corner and a great personality to have in the locker room. It's a shame that we could not keep him in D.C. as he was a wonderful asset. That being said, he has been, is and will continue to be "fragile" and therefore a liability from an injury perspective. You can only play through pain and be effective for so long. In the salary capped world of the NFL, his injury prone nature reduces his overall value and justifies the Skins' refusal to pay him top dollar and let him sign with the Vikings.

Smoot is a solid cover corner and a great personality to have in the locker room. It's a shame that we could not keep him in D.C. as he was a wonderful asset. That being said, he has been, is and will continue to be "fragile" and therefore a liability from an injury perspective. You can only play through pain and be effective for so long. In the salary capped world of the NFL, his injury prone nature reduces his overall value and is one major justification for the Skins' refusal to pay him top dollar and let him sign with the Vikings.

Truth be told is that I liked Smoot too and don't want to see him get hurt but are they practicing on astroturf in training camp up there? Because if hes getting hurt on normal grass anyway and is a smaller than most football players. But good luck to him and don't talk smack about the Redskins because I think they treated him well.

Originally posted by E-Dog Night

Doesn't sound serious. I'll bet he's out there opening day. He's demonstrated a willingness and an ability to play hurt.

Except in the final game of the year last year...

oddly enough, against those same Vikes.

Naah, I still can't hate too much on Smooty, despite some of the idiotic comments he has made about us this offseason. He played hard for the most part while he was here.

Archived