Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sweeping Dallas

rtandler

I've heard a lot about wanting to sweep Dallas this year at almost any cost, even to the point of people accepting going 2-14 as long as the two wins were against Dallas.

Personally I want to beat the hell out of the Cowboys, but I don't really care who the wins are against if as long as the number of them totals a playoff spot.

So, the qustion is this: what would the result of the Redskins season have to be to make another sweep by Dallas acceptable?

Being a better team than Dallas is more important than beating them or losing to them. I'd rather go to the playoffs and lose twice to Dallas than to beat Dallas twice and watch them in the playoffs. Beating Dallas AND finishing ahead of them in the standings for a fourth straight year would be the best medicine though. :)

Dude, I have endured this sh!t this long. I can deal with it even longer if I have to. The thing is I would trade my left nut to beat Dallas this year, but I went ahead and voted for the Superbowl. The losses would not bother me if I had that to shove in their pieholes everytime they started talking their sh!t. Personally I hope the Cowpies improve this year and "barely" miss out on the playoffs, ohhhhhhhh, only to be beaten out by the Skins.......and then we go on to win the Big Ball Game.

I'm Drunk. Fukkkkkkkkin A!!!! (Backspace is the most important key on the keyboard!!)

The longer it goes the more important it gets to me. It's gotten absolutely embarrassing to keep losing to those guys ... the one team I just can't stomach losing to.

I chose the "make the playoffs and win a game or two" option becasue that would be a good enough season to make me forget about losing to Dallas twice ... though to be honest that first loss in '99 still haunts me so maybe I'm not so sure about that.

making the playoffs and losing the first game doesn't do much for me. it's that "best of the losers" thing. i'd be bummed if we got swept and then took an early exit. so i voted for winning a couple in the playoffs. we've been to the playoffs fairly recently, and should have been there last year (11-5 had we only beaten the boys twice and the chargers). winning in the playoffs would show movement in the right direction and would overshadow the heartbreak of losing to the pokes.

The Redskins have a difficult schedule in 2002. It is imperative to beat the teams you feel are going to be .500 and under.

While I think Dallas improves from 5-11, I don't see them going to 9-7 or 10-6.

As Deion mentioned in 2000 what always sustained Dallas against the Redskins was the knowledge that the Skins didn't actually show the confidence that they could beat the Cowboys.

And in large measure I think that feeling was a flow down from a lack of confidence in the coaching staff and leadership on the team.

certainly Norv lacked the respect of at least some of his players and Marty was more of a distraction than an asset in 2002.

Marty said the Redskins were going to beat Dallas twice last year because he knew that was going to be a popular thing for him to say to the public.

He got in trouble a number of times making those kinds of statements in public - remember the one in training camp to the fans about making the playoffs?

Spurrier is a different animal. He said the team is going to win games because he is confident enough to feel his system and players are going to win games.

It may have been a popular thing to say, but I think HE believes it.

Look, players KNOW when a coach is handing them a bucket of s*** :laugh:

Marty's Caesar act last year was no more effective as a parlor trick to gain the player's respect than Norv's endless attempts to try and become everyone's best friend.

Maybe we are better off this time around because we have a coach that is just trying to be a coach, not your father or your brother :)

Originally posted by OrangeSkin

As long as we make the playoffs, I don't care about Dallas. If we go 8-8 and lose to Dallas twice, I'll kick my dog.

As a cowboy fan the qoute of "as long as we can get to the playoffs" is too much!

I assume thats the pigs getting to the playoffs???????!

Next in line is a sweep of the Cowboys?

OK the sweep is more probable, but the playoffs? You guys are at the bottom of the basement at best, haven't you heard? You guys need to start worrying about the giants and not the playoffs.

You guys need some drugs if your hopes and dreams are set on one mr. WWF danny "finger up my noise" snider <- what ever!

Buy your tickets or burn your monies what's the difference?

Now relax, sit down, compose yourself and write some hopeful heart felt story about what the pigs can do in your small heads. next year.

you know what's eating the Cowboys' fans don't ya?

it is the fact for the past 3 seasons they have been looking UP at us in the final standings :laugh: :silly:

our overblown owner?

wasn't that Jones going on TV and telling everyone that Troy Aikman was going to be the 'man' in 2000 and with Galloway on board (for 2 #1's and $11 million in bonus) the Cowboys were back in the competitive race?

I guess 5-11 wasn't in their plans, eh? :laugh:

Archived