Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why this pisses me off

newskinsowner

If this was posted already then forgive me.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp05/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2123316&num=0

And Smoot can match up against any wide receiver in the receiver-rich NFC North.

"You put Fred on the field with Antoine Winfield and you've got two of the best corners in the league, you've got a one-two punch," Cottrell said. "Fred is deceivingly quick. He's got those long arms and long legs, and he's very competitive."

With the Vikings, Smoot is showing a better work ethic. He committed extra time in the offseason program to lifting weights. He lifted so much that he gained 8 pounds of muscle.

(Why is it that Smoot could'nt commit to the offeseason like that here?)

Originally posted by newskinsowner

With the Vikings, Smoot is showing a better work ethic. He committed extra time in the offseason program to lifting weights. He lifted so much that he gained 8 pounds of muscle.

(Why is it that Smoot could'nt commit to the offeseason like that here?)

Funny. Didn't Smoot bulk up last year after that sternum injury in SOS's last year here? Wasn't Gibbs & his coaching staff impressed with Smoot's work ethic?

Originally posted by BIGGS_DADDY

I'm not gonna knock Smoot, the guy hustled and gave his all for this team. I would welcome him back with open arms.

Originally posted by Posse81 I'll always be a big Smoot fan. I hope he always does well for himself.

I feel that way about Shawn Springs. I hope he continues to do well for the Skins.

Smoot was a great #2 for the 'Skins, but having Bailey and Springs on the opposite side of the field afforded Smoot to never have to take the responsibility of taking on the role of #1 corner with the Skins. As long as Smoot is not taking on the #1 WR for the entire game, he will stay as productive as he was for us, however NO ONE knows yet what kind of season Smoot will have if he is lined up against #1 WRs.

Originally posted by TK-IV II I

Funny. Didn't Smoot bulk up last year after that sternum injury in SOS's last year here? Wasn't Gibbs & his coaching staff impressed with Smoot's work ethic?

Since you mention it i sorta remember that now. but still it could'nt have been so much bulking up because he missed bunch of takles and just about every blitz/sack opportunity(why i think we seen Shawn Springs blitz more as the season wore on).

It seems as if he has something to prove, but I wish he had applied himself to our offseason weight room/training program since his rookie year. Its just upsetting he is doing it now in Minny.

Originally posted by TK-IV II I

Bingo!!

Smoot was always a hard worker and wish him the best, wish we could have kept him but it didn't work out.

Archived