Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

World of Warcraft Roll Call

TheDane

Let me preface this by saying, yes, I can be called an uber dork, super nerd, or anything else similar. But I don't care. I'm addicted to this game called World of Warcraft, and I can't stop playing. It's like crack cocaine. Or meth. By the way, I'm not spamming, I've got no relation to the game or Blizzard Entertainment, other than my heinous addiction. :laugh:

I basically picked up the game because of this thread about Mad Mad Leeeeeroy. I had heard of massively multiplayer online role playing games before, and being a fan of the old Warcraft and Starcraft games, this was an easy pick up. And let me tell you, it hasn't disappointed one bit. I've been snagged hook, line, and sinker by this game. As a role playing game, it's got role playing, it's got fantasy elements, it's got the ability to play with other people, it's got quests, it's got everything an uber dork could ever ask for. It's been easy to start up from nothing (I'd never played an online RPG before), there are a lot of people online willing to help out, and there are plenty of websites dedicated to giving you useful hints when you're stuck. All in all, I love it.

For those who are unfamiliar with the game... you can be one of several different races (e.g., Human, Dwarf, Troll, etc.). And you can be one of several different classes (e.g., warrior, priest, hunter, etc.). That makes the game interesting, because each race and each class has its own characteristics, skills, spells, and other facets.

The other neat thing about this game is that you can choose your "realm," which is basically a fancy term for a server. Each realm, I believe, has the identical game, but is populated by different online players. Further, in these realms, you can choose to either play against the environment ("PvE", i.e., against computer generated and manipulated bad guys)... or you can play against other people (PvP, or player versus player). And you can make the choice; so if you aren't ready to play against the hardcore gamers, then you can choose a PvE realm.

So anyway, I thought I'd start a thread for those people who are playing the game, who have played the game, or who are thinking about playing the game. And who/what your character is, what realm you are on, where you're stuck and need help, or anything else.

Character: Aurvandil, Level 13 Night Elf Priest

Realm: Draenor

And by the way, if you don't think people take this seriously, check this out (explicit lyrics). :laugh: WARNING! The linked sound file has bad language, so turn down the speakers if you're at work.

:cheers:

I have never played the game myself, which is good. Because everything i've heard makes it sound like I'd never put it down.

My roomate has played this game non-stop (only breaking for work) for pretty much all of 2005. He's probably a level 57 elf or something like that....

I play.

Lvl 60 Warlock on Dunemaul (PVP server).

Im not stuck. I put off killing other people while I leveled, and now I'm tyring to gain rank as quickly as possible. All that being said, now that's I'm lvl60 90% of the time I see a lvl50+ I attack. you can beg, bow, waive, ect... it doesn't matter. I need soul shards.

I have a lvl 24 duid on a PVE server too.

This game is fantastic, and I've been adicted since beta.

Originally posted by Cdowwe

Not into it because I know I will become addicted...and I enjoy life too much to spend it inside. Used to be addicted to MOH though.

See, that's exactly the problem. I work all day, spend as much time outside as possible evenings and weekends... that leaves mornings and the occasional late night to satisfy the War-crank addiction. :rubeyes: It's tiring.

Who am I kidding, it's been almost every night for the last week. Good thing Mrs. TheDane approves of the game. :laugh:

Originally posted by Soliloquy

Eyak, Level 57 Night Elf Druid on Scarlet Crusade, plus about half a dozen alts on the same server.

Any thoughts on starting an ExtremeSkin guild on some server? It's been mentioned by others, but I haven't seen much of a response

I'd be up for that. I'll roll anything but undead and troll. Sorry, aversion to the undead, and I'm afraid TK or Tarhog will killshot me in World of Warcraft. :paranoid:

:silly:

Seriously, I'm in if others are interested. I can create an alt.

I played WoW for about 3 months and just found it lacking something.

Its a great game in alot of ways, dunna get me wrong. I am not one of those who get into the whole WoW vs. EQ vs. <INsert Game Here). I have almost exclusively played mmo's since I started playing Ultima Online when it first came out. WoW just seemed like a huge piece of candy - tastes great and looks good, but not very filling. Went back to EQ2 and have been having a blast since.

And everyone knows the Horde are fighting a just war against the hatred and bigotry of the humans and their cronies. ;)

I would suggest a low/med pop PvP server. The guild would help with 'gank-prevention', and it seems a number of XS folks are dedicated to the PvP environment. I have little experience with that aspect.

Any thoughts on a specific server?

i went to the site and tried to create an acount just to see if i might be interested but i cant get past the authentication key part. what do i need to do. to get an authentication key? all i really want to do for now is get a price.

If you're looking for a low pop pvp server, try mine, Dunemaul.

Selfish...then I wont have to give up my horse. Just make sure to play horde or I'll have to kill ya.

Truth told, I would have a hard time giving up my current guild. They are awesome. But I could start a new character and join a Skins guild.

Horde are outnumbered, but not to the point where it's unplayable or you feel outnumbered everywhere.

I just started but my 10 day guest pass expired today. I may keep playing, I don't know.

My character is Shanobabu, lvl 8 Dwarf Paladin on Arthas.

If you guys want to make an ES guild on Arthas let me know and I'll keep playing. I don't want to continue playing alone. :(

Archived