Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles not trading T.O. -Espn.

I beat bubba!!! YESSSS!!! :point2sky

Despite heated rhetoric, T.O. not going anywhere

Associated Press

Related Video:

Sal tells you why T.O. has nowhere to go

Terrell Owens is hinting that he would agree to a trade because of a contract dispute with the Philadelphia Eagles, although his first choice is to still get a new deal from the NFC champions.

Terrell Owens

Wide Receiver

Philadelphia Eagles

2004 SEASON STATISTICS

Rec Yds TD Avg Long YAC

77 1200 14 15.6 59 404

Drew Rosenhaus, Owens' agent said Friday he just wants a fair-market deal for Owens.

"We hope it's something we can work out with the Philadelphia Eagles," Rosenhaus told The Associated Press, adding he had talked recently with the Eagles. "If it's something we can work out with another team, that is not something we are opposed to."

He acknowledged that the Eagles have told him they aren't interested in trading the receiver.

"We have not received permission to seek a trade," Rosenhaus said.

Responding to comments made by Eagles president Joe Banner in Thursday's Philadelphia Daily News that Owens and Rosenhaus "don't think in commonsense terms," Owens told Comcast SportsNet Southeast in Atlanta that the Eagles could just trade him.

Banner was on vacation and unavailable for comment Friday.

"If he feels that way, then get rid of me," Owens said Thursday. "He wants to talk about Drew and I. If we're problems, then... trade me, release me. And we can just part ways like adults.

"What it all boils down to is I'm going to do what's best for my family. I don't even have to play for the Eagles, to be honest. I can go play with any other team and still be productive."

Owens, who helped the Eagles reach the Super Bowl in his first season in Philadelphia after eight years with San Francisco, is asking for a new contract a year into a seven-year deal worth almost $49 million.

Rosenhaus said earlier this week that Owens was "50-50" about reporting to training camp and no decision would be made until the start of camp.

Veterans are scheduled to report to Eagles camp on Aug. 1 at Lehigh University in Bethlehem, Pa.

The Eagles have said they won't redo Owens' contract.

Banner told the Daily News he hoped Owens would report on time.

Can the Eagles return to the Super Bowl without Terrell Owens?

Yes

No

"If we were dealing with somebody who was looking at this logically and was going to come to a commonsense conclusion, you'd say [he would report]," Banners said. "But you're dealing with two people here who, frankly, don't think in commonsense terms. Anything can happen. They're not going to necessarily do what makes sense."

Owens defied his doctor's advice by returning to the starting lineup against New England just 6½ weeks after ankle surgery, and was Philadelphia's best player on offense. He caught nine passes for 122 yards in the Eagles' 24-21 loss to the Patriots.

His outrageous personality, flashy touchdown celebrations and deep-ball ability made Owens an instant fan favorite in notoriously-fickle Philadelphia. Public sentiment has turned against him, though, with fans flooding talk radio that he's gotten greedy and that the Eagles could win a Super Bowl without him.

Rosenhaus defended his client, saying fans should not have any ill-will toward Owens because the renegotiation process was strictly a business decision.

"This is something that is of great urgency and importance to Terrell," he said. "He hasn't looked to offend anybody. The last faction he want to offend is the Philadelphia Eagles fans. This is not personal.

"I'm confident once we get this resolved, he will go back to the status he previously enjoyed."

----------------

while this article says he's not going anywhere for now, i wouldn't be suprised to see this changed in the near future. I really think TO has burned his bridge in philly to the point where no one wants him back.

Originally posted by tr1

That Eagles FO is the best, aren't they...

Certainly one of the best.... good of you to notice my friend.

Seriously though, they got a great season out of T.O. last year. Now T.O. is back to his old tricks... but b/c of how his contract is written, the Eagles hold ALL the leverage here. That is how a good front office works. You type it again and again and again... but I just can't believe that you truly belive that T.O. will single handedly bring down the Eagles as a team.

T.O. has amazing talent on the field and is simply a baffoon off the field....

050722_quickie.jpg

TO keeps talking about taking care of his family. My question is this, he has already been in the league for 9 years and signed a 49 million dollar contract, that doesn't include whatever side things he gets like being in Madden and in other video games. How much money does one need to take care of his family? I mean this is ridiculous and I have no compassion for his gripes. He signed the contract, be man enough to live up to it. Football is a game and I wish I could have been able to play for 1 million dollars forget the 48 other million he is getting.......

the Eagles could win a Super Bowl

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

the eagles pooped their way thru the playoffs this year without TO, but it won't happen again. The NFC will be better this year. That offense will take a big hit without his presence. Hey, even when he contributes over 100 yds they cant beat an injured patriots team. Their D still has some promise, but I'm not nearly as worried about the eagles without TO.

Archived