Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ladell Betts

I think this will be a big year for Betts.

He had a decent 2004.

But with the Skins making plays for Portis....don't be suprised the Skins stay with the Counter Tray when Betts comes in.

This will be a great year (hopefully) for CP, but I have a feeling that Betts will also have about a 750-1000 yd. season as well.

Any views on this?

Betts can be a good receiver out of the backfield as well...he has good hands and can break some tackles along with making people miss....I hope we use him and Portis on more screens. I hope we send portis down the middle a lot as well ala Charlie Garner cause he can make some long gains and tds vs slower MLBs

He will not have any more than 350 yards unless Portis goes down for a while. This offense will be built and modified around CP's abilities. I do not even think Betts will be the short down back as one of the FB's will take on that roll.

I dont think it is very likely that Betts will have that many yards this season, but it isnt unlikely...

I think Portis will have around 1600 to 1700 yds and Betts will have maybe 400 to 500 yds...

I think Betts will prove himself to be an excellent #2 RB as well as an adequate spot starter...

750-1000 is doubtful, unless, knock on wood, Portis gets injured. Around 500 is probably what I would go with. He'll be used more, but Portis is still the man. With Gibbs growing more respect for the man, who knows, maybe he could amount to what you predict, and I wouldn't mind that one bit .:cool:

I wouldn't be shocked to see Betts get more time that folks expect... and Portis a bit less. They appear to have pretty complementary skill sets and can be best utilized in different situations. So while Portis will clearly be our feature back, and will get somewhere in the neighborhood of 1,200-1,400 yards, with a more successful offense we'll probably see Betts in the 500 yard range. I'm hoping for plenty of games with CP in the 75-100 yard range and Betts in the 30-50 yard range. That's about 2,000 total yards rushing for the team, not out of the question.

In the Super Bowl, I'm thinking Betts even scores a touchdown.

:point2sky

I hate predictions. I dont necessarily believe in jinx's, I just dont like being dissapointed. But I can't remember feeling this confident that if our star RB goes down, we have a back that is more than capable of taking his spot and producing. Betts is the man. That Vikings game proved it beyond any shadow of a doubt last season.

Originally posted by refuze

I honestly thing Gibbs is better suited using bigger backs. I wonder what it would've been like with Betts as our starter last year.

betts is alright but he is missing something... something that u cant teach... i ccant describe it

im sorry if i start with this... but if gibbs really wanted a big back we wouldnt have gotten portis... gibbs would have gotten steven jackson in the draft.

but honestly, i have no idea what it would have been like... and im glad we didint have to find out

Originally posted by flexxskins

I hate predictions. I dont necessarily believe in jinx's, I just dont like being dissapointed. But I can't remember feeling this confident that if our star RB goes down, we have a back that is more than capable of taking his spot and producing. Betts is the man. That Vikings game proved it beyond any shadow of a doubt last season.

vikings run defense last year was sluggish, the only fgood defensive player that i remember was a threat was that defensive lineman that picked up an interception in our last game...icant remember his name.

:2cents:

Originally posted by goskins

Okay 750-1000 yds/season is a stretch....but 50yds/game I think could be reasonable for Betts, especially if the Skins carry the ball as much as last year.

Doesnt 50 X 16 = 800 ? :doh:

Anyway as others have stated somewhat, I see CP having a big year and Betts being a bench warmer for the most part.

Betts looked really good at times last year. I don't remember which game it was, but it was toward the end of the season; we had a 3rd and forever and Betts turned it into a 1st totally on his own. That was probably the most impressive play I saw out of a Redskin all last year.

I don't think he's going to put up great numbers, but I feel good knowing he's back there if we need him.

No disrespect to Clinton, but I always saw Betts as a Gibbs-type back even before Coach Gibbs desided to come back. Spurrier's offense really just didn't suit his abilities.

I thought the "Ed Reed" play was going to be his undoing, but he weathered that storm and came back strong. Coach Gibbs will find a way to get the most out him, even if it is in a back up role.

Betts could be a starter in this league.

Archived