Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ladell Betts

2 1000+ yard backs? I don't see that happening.. I actually predict Bett's contributions will diminish this year.

To be quite honest I'd like to see Betts traded so he can be anohter teams number one.. he deserves it and is capable.

I also see Portis and Rock being a more dynamic combo.

That many yards is thinking a little too highly of Betts, but he will have a great year in the back up role and a great counter to the style that Portis brings. I also remember Portis talking very well of Betts and his offseason, and Gibbs telling Portis that he never wants him on the field tired, so he will be great in the power running plays, late in games that we are winning and Portis already has alot of yards and even in the red zone or when Portis needs a breather.

Hopefully right around 500 for the season

Originally posted by TLusby

He will not have any more than 350 yards unless Portis goes down for a while. This offense will be built and modified around CP's abilities. I do not even think Betts will be the short down back as one of the FB's will take on that roll.

agreed

Originally posted by goskins

Okay 750-1000 yds/season is a stretch....but 50yds/game I think could be reasonable for Betts, especially if the Skins carry the ball as much as last year.

Here are Portis' yards per game last season. Where do you figure Betts gets in for another 750 yards?? The only way your play would work is if Portis gets hurt for an extended period.

Archived