Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Taylor innocent?

Bigskinbauer

Just wondering the opinion on whether taylor is innocent. We have heard that they have witnesses and the witnesses played football in highschool with Taylor and one has been quoted on saying "whats the profit for me". I also suspect the people that were the victims have also said that he pulled a gun but they are not very crediable expecially if they are the ones who did the shooting at the house taylor was staying at.

Guest amaprius

Taylor is not innocent...The real question is ... Will he get away with it?

Probably.

Too bad.

Someone needs to make a stand on these athletes getting away with out and out crimes...even murder(see Ray Lewis).

My friend was killed by a drunk driver and these cops and judges let these kids get off scott free from DUI's, just so they can kill with their cars or guns or knives(OJ), etc. and get away with that too.

The justice system in america needs balls. They have no balls right now.

Originally posted by bubba9497

:doh: let's hear all the evidence before determining guilt

but passing a lie detector test don't hurt his case

Since it can't be admitted as evidence, it doesn't help his case. And why can't it be admitted? It's unreliable.

If it doesn’t fit, you must acquit!

johnnycochran.jpeg

I agree with Art. From what we are told, it just doesn't fit, or make any sense. Since when is it less of a crime to pull a gun over firing a gun?

I'd like to believe he is innocent.

One can only hope he is.

:(

Originally posted by CHUBAKAH

If it doesn’t fit, you must acquit!

johnnycochran.jpeg

"I agree with Art. From what we are told, it just doesn't fit, or make any sense. Since when is it less of a crime to pull a gun over firing a gun?"

I'm gonna guess that there is plenty of evidence to support the gun charge against Taylor and not enough evidence to bring gun charges against the others.

After all, bullet holes in a house are evidence only that a gun was fired. But when and by who? Where is the gun? Were there witnesses?

All of these questions can be answered in the Taylor charge.

:helmet:

BTW, I voted guilty.

My guess is that there was probably a gun involved. However, the more I read of what comes out the more this sounds like the police are going after the wrong people. The house that Taylor was at after the "incident" along with his car was shot! Seems like the police are more concerned about weather or not Taylor waved a gun when others (any guess who?) shot up his car and the house he was at. I bet he gets off - but I am worried that this is going to be one of those distractions no team wants.:logo:

Originally posted by tr1

Since it can't be admitted as evidence, it doesn't help his case. And why can't it be admitted? It's unreliable.

it can't? since when?

anything that might prove him innoscent will neer be accepted by many here..... simply because you have already made up your he's guilty.

sad

it can't? since when?

anything that might prove him innoscent will neer be accepted by many here..... simply because you have already made up your he's guilty.

sad

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1449312#post1449312

Originally posted by bubba9497 on June-25th-2005 01:25 AM : WT: Redskins' Taylor arraigned in Miami

Redskins' Taylor arraigned in Miami

By David Elfin

THE WASHINGTON TIMES

http://www.washtimes.com/functions/print.php?StoryID=20050625-120344-2043r

Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor was arraigned yesterday in Miami on a felony charge of aggravated assault with a firearm and on a misdemeanor charge of simple battery.

Under Florida law, Taylor, 22, would face a three-year mandatory minimum sentence and a maximum of 16 years in prison if convicted of the felony. The former University of Miami All-American also would be subject to NFL discipline if convicted.

"I was disappointed that the charges weren't dropped," said Taylor's attorney, Edward Carhart. "I feel the state has chosen the wrong side to prosecute. Hopefully, the decision had nothing to do with the high profile nature of Sean Taylor."

The charges stem from a June 1 incident in the West Perrine section of Miami during which Taylor purportedly assaulted three victims who he claimed stole two of his all-terrain vehicles. Miami-Dade police, to whom Taylor turned himself in June 4, had sought two assault charges, but when a third victim was found, the state's attorney office decided to consolidate the felony charges.

Police accuse Taylor of pointing a gun at the victims, one of whom has been identified as Ryan Hill, and accomplice Charles Elwood Caughman of wielding a baseball bat. Caughman faces a felony assault charge in the case.

A Miami-Dade police spokesman said the second phase of the incident, during which shots were supposedly fired at Taylor in retaliation, remains under investigation. Taylor passed a polygraph test administered last Thursday by the well-regarded Warren Holmes, but polygraph results are usually not admissible in court.

Taylor, who hasn't spoken to the media since his Oct. 29 arrest for driving under the influence, wasn't available to comment yesterday. A Redskins spokesman declined to comment.

Neither Taylor nor Carhart attended the arraignment, but they are required to appear before Miami-Dade County Circuit Court Judge Mary Barzee on July 12 to update her on discovery in the case.

Trial is tentatively set for Sept. 12, the day after the Redskins open the season against the Chicago Bears. However, Carhart plans to ask Barzee to postpone the trial until next offseason in order not to further disrupt Taylor's football career. Taylor is expected to be on hand when the Redskins begin training camp at Redskin Park on Aug. 1.

"Sean's a part of our family, and when he comes back, we'll welcome him with open arms," linebacker Marcus Washington said.

Taylor, whom the Redskins claimed was the most researched draft pick in NFL history when they chose him fifth overall in 2004, has been as troubled off the field as he is talented on it. He has used three agents and three attorneys, been fined by the NFL several times and suspended by Redskins coach Joe Gibbs for a game in the wake of the DUI charges. Taylor was cleared of those charges this spring.

A first alternate to the Pro Bowl as a rookie, Taylor greatly disappointed the Redskins by failing to show for the entire voluntary offseason program at Redskin Park. He also resisted Gibbs' attempts to reach him until June 9, when he was excused from the mandatory minicamp in order to focus on his legal situation.

wow this is pretty split, i will take taylors side we don't know that he is a bad person, we know nothing of him, i barely know his voice, he could sound like tyson for all i know.

The report in the Washington post said that he was a family orriented guy that has done a lot of work with the community in donations and visits over the offseason. He wasn't a stupid kid according to his teachers at his private prep school. He gives a helping hand to most of his neighboors and it seems everyone he knows is more surprised than we are. The man doesn't like to talk to the media, hell art monk didn't like to talk to the media but obviously that doesn't make a man a goooooon. I just think that some of us(including me) jumped to the conclusion that he was a common thug. Some of us may wonder why he didn't take the police with him, seriously would we in his situation, he grew up in that area when he lived with his father, it was only 2 miles away. He couldn't call the police, i know this sounds very typical but he would be reffered to as a snitch. He went and tried to have a conversation. Now did he pull a gun? that is the question. He passed the lie detector test. the accusors are just people that played on his highschool football team and the people(who i assume shot up his house) that he assulted. Did he punch the guy i say yes but did he pull a gun. Taylor's word over these gangastas NO he did not

Originally posted by Bigskinbauer

The report in the Washington post said that he was a family orriented guy that has done a lot of work with the community in donations and visits over the offseason. He wasn't a stupid kid according to his teachers at his private prep school. He gives a helping hand to most of his neighboors and it seems everyone he knows is more surprised than we are.

I think you're refering to the article from the Palm Beach Post. ;)

:doh: let's hear all the evidence before determining guilt

but passing a lie detector test don't hurt his case

Passing a non-State sponsored lie detector tests means absolutely nothing. It is not admissable and no one, other than the people in the room at the time, knows what questions were asked. The LD test is totally irrelevant.

I think a lot of people formed an opinion of Michael Jackson before hearing the evidence and have formed opinions about many other people before hearing the evidence. I see no reason Sean Taylor should be treated differently.

For us to speculate about one's guilt or innocent is harmless.

Hail,

H

Originally posted by ATLANTASKINSFAN

He is guilty of being extremely stupid. At the very least.

GO SKINS!!!!!:helmet: :helmet:

That's exactly how I feel! That might not be worthy of jail time, but it does make you wonder. If Taylor wants to behave in this manner, then I'd rather not have him on the Redskins (as I've said before, he'd fit in much better with the Cowboys!).

Hail,

H

I failed a lie detector with the Seattle PD, fellaz.

I was being truthful and the two questions I tested 'deceptive' on were two of the easiest ones they could have done background investigation to confirm.

The Green River Killer, Gary Ridgway, passed a lie detector test( I think two) and an innocent witness failed one.

Now, I don't think Sean is a psychopath. If he passed, it means little, but he's not a trained spy or psychopath.

Failing means nothing. BUt passing? It might mean something.

Archived