Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

i know its early, but a FF question...

[[ghost]]

This is who you drafted? What pick did you have? How many teams?

I would say wait on Patten and see how the Skins O does after a few weeks and see how often he is used. If he is featured, he will catch a lot of balls.

Rogers, well, if he stays healthy he's going to get some nice looks.

Edwards.....it is Cleveland.....

So I would start Rogers....he's going to play week 1 and maybe get some nice numbers. I wouldn't have drafted him; he may have fell out of the draft all together.

People say that Edwards won't do well because they have Trent Dilfer throwing the QB, it's a bad team, yada yada...

But don't forget, Anquan Boldin was in a worse situation (with lesser physical skills as well) and caught 100 passes.

I don't think Patten will be the starter by week 4, and Rogers has the potential to do very well, but there is so much WR talent on that team it will be hard for him to dominate. Edwards is a #1, and with Kellen out, he is their only real legit threat downfield. He's a redzone target so he'll catch touchdowns and he has big play potential. Starting rookies is not usually a safe bet, but given this scenario, I would definately start Braylon over the other two.

1ST IT'S NEVER TOO EARLY FOR FANTASY FOOTBALL.

Ouch.... wasn't Tim Dwight available. Just kidding.

If I had to guess I would probably go with Patten ???? He is the surest thing as of right now. By mid season Edwards should get on the same page as Dilfer (ouch again). Rogers has the potential, but also sits on a team that is stacked with playmakers (Roy Williams, Mike Williams, Kevin Jones, and Marcus Pollard); therefore Edwards will probably end up being the biggest WR you have down the stretch.

Plan B - Waiver Wire

I bet you Running Backs kick ***.

Rogers for the receiver (if those are your only choices) and for rb, I would go with McGahee first and then look at the matchups each week for Barber and Martin. Both had great seasons last year but I think that Barber will do better this year than Martin. It hurts to say that a giant will be good at anything except for losing.

Originally posted by [[ghost]]

while were here, who should be the my 2 running backs...

tiki barber (i know he's a giant, but at least he's not a cowpuke or an iggle)

willis mgahee

curtis martin

That's a decent running back committee.

And given your WR corps... I hope you also have Manning or Vick.

People fail to remember Antonio Bryant played well last year when traded to the Browns. He will help take some of the pressure of Braylon Edwards. Braylon might get to see some single cover because of that. Bryant is sweet, don't ever forget. He won the best wide receiver award in college as a freshman. I picked Braylon and Charles Rogers will be neck N neck. But Patten won't even be close. I predict that Jacobs will be the number 2 because he's really better. McCants will get the redzone opportunities. I think he's even more focus now.

Originally posted by Gfunk703

McGahee and Martin, that's easy.

Man, I don't get it. Tiki finished 2nd in fantasy points last year (for RBs). How is it an "easy" decision to leave him out of the lineup? I start him and McGahee. But the difference between the three is probably small enough to tweak week to week depending on matchups.

Originally posted by GFunk703

McGahee and Martin, that's easy.

Not that easy. This is actually a very tough call. Tiki is a definite starter, and having McGahee and Martin is a great situation to be in for your two starters, let alone your 2nd RB position. I would go with week to week matchups and start the 2 of the 3 who have the most favorable matchups. For instance, when Tiki plays the Skins, bench him. :D

I'd also be a little concerned about whether or not Martin has enough in the tank to repeat last year's success.

Originally posted by NACSkins

Mgahee, Martin till Barber proves he won't get fumblitius.

He proved that last season.

Originally posted by [[ghost]]

i have a guy names ramsey....you mighta heard of him.

Ramsey is your starter?

I hope he puts up some nice numbers, but I don't think he's good enough to be a fantasy starter. I think you're in a lot of trouble this season, sorry to say.

All I have to say is I hope you have Gonzo or Heap as your tight end and watch the waiver wire like a hawk.

Archived