Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

i know its early, but a FF question...

[[ghost]]

Good RBs but with that WR corp and Ramsey as your starter I think you're in trouble. You need Ramsey to make a HUGE leap this year. While I hope that will happen I think, right now, Ramsey is a borderline QB#2 in a ten team league. He'll probably go undrafted in most leagues.

Depending on how many teams are in your league, I can't see you going .500 with that squad.

First things first, you made the cardinal mistake by being a homer and selecting your favorite's teams players.

You only take your own team's players when they are clearly the best you can take at that time. Ramsey and Patten....while they may win you their share of games, will not be anything more than AVERAGE fantasy performers, at their respective position.

Originally posted by Westbrook36

Depending on how many teams are in your league, I can't see you going .500 with that squad.

First things first, you made the cardinal mistake by being a homer and selecting your favorite's teams players.

You only take your own team's players when they are clearly the best you can take at that time. Ramsey and Patten....while they may win you their share of games, will not be anything more than AVERAGE fantasy performers, at their respective position.

The only two Redskins FF "players" I would draft are the defense and Portis.

I would probably rely on Redskins offensive players in favorable matchups and off weeks for my regular starters.

Originally posted by jrockster77

The only two Redskins FF "players" I would draft are the defense and Portis.

I would probably rely on Redskins offensive players in favorable matchups and off weeks for my regular starters.

You will be able to get Cooley pretty low as the big name TEs will go high. I'm going to forget about the Gonzo's and Shockeys of the world in the fourth or fifth round (stupid!!!!) and take Cooley around the 12th round and get great production.

Originally posted by Westbrook36

You will be able to get Cooley pretty low as the big name TEs will go high. I'm going to forget about the Gonzo's and Shockeys of the world in the fourth or fifth round (stupid!!!!) and take Cooley around the 12th round and get great production.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Cooley. Plus, pick up Royal off of waivers. He scored a TD in 4 of his last 5 games, and I don't think that will lessen very much at all. Insurance in case Cooley isn't around. I'm in a league with a bunch of Redskin fans, so I think Cooley will go earlier than 12.

Originally posted by [[ghost]]

i did pick up royal

i know my wide recievers suck, but ima take ya'lls advice and watch the waivers. maybe my FF noobness is showing a little too much...

Eh... long as there is no money involved just have fun.

i did pick up royal

i know my wide recievers suck, but ima take ya'lls advice and watch the waivers. maybe my FF noobness is showing a little too much...

There are tons of free leagues....I don't know how many teams you have time for...I like to play 3-4 leagues (one for money, which I usually do the worst in :doh: ) and try to vary my drafts as much as possible, so I'm not managing the same team 4 times. Fantasy Football is the best!

uhh....speaking of recievers...i should mention that those aren't my initial starting recievers....

i also kinda got muhsin mohammed and mark clayton (who i honestly think will be the best WR in the class of 05) ahead of them. not saying that these guys are monsters.... but still

uhh....speaking of recievers...i should mention that those aren't my initial starting recievers....

i also kinda got muhsin mohammed and mark clayton (who i honestly think will be the best WR in the class of 05) ahead of them. not saying that these guys are monsters.... but still

Well.....Muhsin has Sexy Rexy throwing to him :doh: but hopefully he'll still be able to produce for ya. Clayton should be a beast in this league....just hope he's not another Boldin!

Willis McGahee was a very good pickup, I have a feeling he is going to light it up this year.

I think you may have drafted some of your receivers a bit too high; However, you can never tell with fantasy football, those guys could all blow up next season.

Like everyone else said, watch the waiver wire.

Last year I found guys like Antionio Gates and Brandon Stokley.

Originally posted by Arsenic

Willis McGahee was a very good pickup, I have a feeling he is going to light it up this year.

I think you may have drafted some of your receivers a bit too high; However, you can never tell with fantasy football, those guys could all blow up next season.

Like everyone else said, watch the waiver wire.

Last year I found guys like Antionio Gates and Brandon Stokley.

Ugghh...don't talk about Gates. I had planned to draft him all along in the 5th or 6th round (I forget). I think I had the 8th pick. So, round 5 or 6 comes around, and I'm getting ready to pick the steal of the draft, and the guy at the number 6 pick (or 10, whichever way the order was going at that moment) picked Gates. ARRRRGH! At the time I wasn't that P.O.ed, because he was just potential at that point. So, I went with Heap, and the rest is history. Pooh.

The waiver wire is where its at. I picked up Brees, Droughns, Moore, Clayton and Pittman of waivers, all of who put up some nice numbers. Not nice enough, as I finished 7-6, but hey. All my games were close!

Oh, another piece of advise for you, don't worry too much about defense. I know you already drafted, but in the future, pick defenses on a week to week basis. For example, last season I picked up Miami's defense the week they played the 9ers. Bingo-bango, 30 points later I won that week. :cool:

Archived