Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Has sportscenter fallen off?

Spaceman Spiff

Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff

Holy crap, has anyone watched tonight???

The guys covering the finals are flip flopping all over the place. Now that the Pistons won they're saying the pistons will win game 7 and talking like the Spurs are falling apart. I thought I heard the other night the Spurs were a surefire bet to win?

Yes and it annoys the hell out of me. They only can like the team that just won, all of the commentators are tools,.

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by Bufford

we are in a dark age of sports coverage and announcing right now.

Thing about the guys who call National NFL, NBA, MLB games.....and be honest. Could you just watch it with the sound turned down, and listen to a CD? If the answer is always YES....unless somebody looks hurt or there was a crazy foul, and you want to hear what happened.

Then you're with me.

Did you know that NBC tried broadcasting a game once with no announcers?

On December 20, 1980, the NBC television network opted to broadcast a Jets- Dolphins game without the benefit of announcers. The experiment failed. The network realized what the fans already knew--the announcers were invaluable. They painted pictures in our minds when radio was king, and on television, they articulate our shared emotions as we watch extraordinary moments unfold before our eyes.

So, the networks won't get rid of the announcers, if you don't like them, you'll have to do as you suggest and turn the volume down.

the sportscasters SUCK A FAT BABY'S D**K...and they worry too much about the people they want to attract rather than the people they have already...i am tired of bass fishing, michelle wie, danica, highschool golf, NHL,MIKE and MIKE, XGAMES and the son of a bit** lame a** ****i** prick i don't even know his name he has dark hair and thick dark eyebrows he freakin sucks.........

Originally posted by iheartskins

If the likes of Howard Cossel were still broadcasting, I'd listen in earnest. But that school of announcer is gone, and so is my interest in listening to these people.

I think we're in the minority when it comes to announcers, believe it or not.

If I'm watching the Skins, I don't NEED anyone to explain to me WHY the QB chucked the ball into the turf or why a WR would run directly out of bounds late in the half.

I think the more knowledgeable you are about a particular sport, the more announcers irritate you.

The truth is, most of the people tuning in to watch a football game on Sunday don't know what a "hot read" or "zone blitz" is and need these tools to explain it.

Archived