Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Antonio Brown

Ricky Ervins

Anyone get the feeling with everyone hyping him up the entire offseason that he might end up having a big impact on this team.

In Gregg Williams interview, he claimed that he has made more big plays than any other offensive player.

Gibbs made a point to mention how impressive he has been at WR.

Even all the players have mentioned him at the top of the list when talking about our receiving corp.

Just thought this was a pretty interesting development. I think he could be a great deep threat in certain situations.

Yea Ricky, I got the same impression. I was very hyped when I first saw him return a punt. The speed and moves that he displayed...as a fan and having watched Chad Morton for so long, it was like giving a man dying of thirst a tall glass of water.

Originally posted by larry29

I hate to ask but who is antonio brown. where did he come from?

Buffalo. He was with us last year mainly as a ST return guy. During the last game against the Vikings he had a few good returns. So much so that they started to punt AWAY from him. He's really, really fast. Another track guy turned WR, so he's got speed. I think the only question is his hands and his toughness.

Originally posted by autographcollector

He is an exciting player, but he did cause us the loss with the fumble on the punt return. That was painful.

It's not really right to say "that one play" cost us the game. It certainly did help us loss that game, but not just that caused us to loss that game. I always give the REFS some blame.:D

Besides I preedict he makes amends for that this year.:cheers:

Even the best will get the slippery fingers once and awhile. Out of 54 career kick/punt returns, he's coughed up the ball twice and lost it just once. Statistically speaking, that's not bad. It's just unfortunate for the Redskins that it happened when it did.

Antonio Brown briefly showed signs last season that he might be the most explosive return man that we have had in many years. When we bring in players like McQuarters and work him out and start talking about him returning kicks...Im hoping that we mean lining up next to Brown to return kick-offs.

Dyson will be his biggest competition, due to the fact that Dyson can return kicks and can actually play receiver if we need him to, where form what I've heard, Brown is not a very good receiver - which would explain why he was available in the middle of the season last year.

Originally posted by jimster

Dyson will be his biggest competition, due to the fact that Dyson can return kicks and can actually play receiver if we need him to, where form what I've heard, Brown is not a very good receiver - which would explain why he was available in the middle of the season last year.

Both Gibbs and Williams noted that A.Brown has caught more deep balls than anyone else at camp. While A.Brown might not be fully polished to be an everydown receiver, I think Gibbs will work him some at WR this year; especially if Moss or Patten goes down.

Archived