Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If you could have a dream car...

Spaceman Spiff

I always wanted that awesome SUV Tango and Cash get from that dorky scientist, you know..the one with the revolving machine guns and what not. I was so pissed off when it got crushed by those tractors! :( But yeah, that would be my dream car. Nobody would F with you on the road.

Originally posted by Doozinbrah

Im with ya panel. I saw one in the Ford dealership when I was buying my Focus, LOL. I fell in love, and with a price tag of $250,000.00 it is a dream.

I drove the one I had and it's an awesome car. Had to keep it in my garage until the purchaser could come back with an enclosed trailer to take it home.

Now can't wait for the Mustang Shelby Cobra GT500. It shares

the same powerplant.

Originally posted by GoSkinsGo

1971 Convertible Hemi Cuda Competition Yellow w/ hockey stripes and four on the floor shifter. :notworthy

sounds tight, try and pull up a pic of this beast.

to answer the question, it would be either the testarossa, or the countach!!

AC Cobra.............but not the run of the mill Cobra. Before they went to the big block (427ci side oiler) a few were turned out with a HP 289.

Of course, I would settle for a big block virsion;)

Second choice would be a 72 Pantara.

Last but not least, I would love to have my 67 Cougar XR-7 again. It was a rare virsion with all the goodies, right down to that same 289HP engine Shelby put in his first Cobras.

Originally posted by Pete

Of course, I would settle for a big block virsion;)

I bet you would! :laugh:

Seems like I remember reading that was the engine that the Cobra was more successful with. :whoknows: All I know is that is a bada$$ automobile.

My father in law has a Sunbeam Tiger... it was Shelby's first crack at merging a Ford powertrain with an English body. It looks like a little Austin Powers car but it has a 302... pretty scarry. :)

Originally posted by riggins44

I drove the one I had and it's an awesome car. Had to keep it in my garage until the purchaser could come back with an enclosed trailer to take it home.

Now can't wait for the Mustang Shelby Cobra GT500. It shares

the same powerplant.

Yeah my father inlaw wants to get the Shelby Cobra GT500 how much is that gonna run?

Originally posted by zoony

I bet you would! :laugh:

Seems like I remember reading that was the engine that the Cobra was more successful with. :whoknows: All I know is that is a bada$$ automobile.

My father in law has a Sunbeam Tiger... it was Shelby's first crack at merging a Ford powertrain with an English body. It looks like a little Austin Powers car but it has a 302... pretty scarry. :)

Yup, most of the AC's were built with the the big block. The went to the big block so the could kick the shlitz out of Chevy's Vetts on the road courses. It started with the 427 side oiler as I said, and that became the 428 Cobra Jet. Most people who build kit Cobras find original 427's in boat salvage yards. My boss has an AC, but the engine is punched to a 454 to give it a bit more punch:doh:

I've always wanted the original car Shelby started with, the AC Bristol, with the inline "bristol 6" A nice little sports car. I had a TR-250 for about a year. Basically a TR-6 with a 250ci inline 6. That little sucker could hual the mail;)

Originally posted by riggins44

:doh: I forgot all about this car! Thanks for reminding me.

To me, that was the year the car was in it's purest form, but blue didn't do it for me:laugh:

Is the car in the pic a local ride or just a pic you found. I would settle for it:laugh:, but the yellow virsion is my choice.

:cheers:

Archived