Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OTAs. The deep pass

TheGreek1973

Brunell is vital part of this organization allowing the recievers to react to certain situations when the quarterback may become rattled and have to throw off balance or the ball may be tipped requiring the receiver to react quickly and attempt to catch an otherwise uncatchable ball.

the Brunell blunder will still keep us at the butt of all media jokes. I hope after this season he does the right thing, and returns some of his signing bonus or something, so we can release him rather easily. Either that, or I guess I will stick with all the dreamers hoping for an uncapped 2007, though that would lead to huge contracts and other problems.

Originally posted by mookie0720

Ramsey looked a little short on the deep ball, Campbell looked a little long. Both threw very good balls though.

Brunell.......yea.

I saw it the other way around...with Campbell's passes looking a little short (receivers were slowing down or turning their bodies backwards to catch more than a few of his catches), and Ramsey's passes looking a little long (landing a few feet in front of the receivers)...

By the way, I think Brunell had a few passes after that first one out of bounds that looked to be pretty much right on the money...had they been thrown by either Ramsey or Campbell, many here would have been praising them instead.

Originally posted by Califan007

By the way, I think Brunell had a few passes after that first one out of bounds that looked to be pretty much right on the money...had they been thrown by either Ramsey or Campbell, many here would have been praising them instead.

you must be reffering to the handoffs he had..... they were right on the money:laugh:

Originally posted by budski

Brunell is vital part of this organization allowing the recievers to react to certain situations when the quarterback may become rattled and have to throw off balance or the ball may be tipped requiring the receiver to react quickly and attempt to catch an otherwise uncatchable ball.

:rubeyes:

Originally posted by Zuck

Peyton Manning didn't do amazing on the accuracy drills during the quarterback competition.

A good receiver can make a QB look more accurate during a game than he might otherwise be. Pinpoint accuracy isn't nearly as important as the QB knowing his receivers. When both have a good feel for each other, great things usually happen.

Brunell's first pass: out of bounds by several feet...

Campbell's first pass: just slightly behind the receiver and slightly off-target (receiver seemed to start to turn their body backwards towards the ball just a tad to try and catch it)...

Ramsey's first pass: lands several feet in front of receiver (receiver never slowed down, either)...

Ramsey's 2nd pass: receiver had to slow down a bit to wait for pass to arrive...(Ramsey perhaps over compensating for overhtrowing the receiver on his first pass??)

Brunell's 2nd pass: ball hits Thrash on the hands, but he twisted his body in a weird way, making it harder to catch the pass (looked like he should have turned his body to the left, but instead turns it to the right and kinda reached back over his head to try and catch the pass because of it)...

Campbell's 2nd pass: pretty much dead on...

Campbell's 3rd pass: again pretty much dead on accurate, receiver may have slowed down a bit to catch it, though...

Ramsey's 3rd pass: perfect, hits receiver in stride, no turning or slowing down or speeding up required at all...

Brunell's 3rd pass: just beyond the reach of the receiver (lead him by about a foot or so too much)...

Campbell's 4th pass: behind the receiver a bit (receiver seemed to slow down and turned his body more than you'd like for him to catch the pass)...

Overall: the way it's filmed, you can't really reach too many conclusions, beyond maybe that Brunell's the least accurate, Ramsey had the nicest pass of the video, and Campbell may be the most consistent and may need to throw with a bit more force...just a guess.

Originally posted by Zuck

pretty hard to gather much from a quarterback not getting rushed and a receiver not being covered.

Peyton Manning didn't do amazing on the accuracy drills during the quarterback competition.

Exactly......full gear and full pressure create an entirely different environment.....until then I'm not getting excited.:2cents:

Archived