Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

watching the OTAs and

RDSCNZ20

Originally posted by Ricky Ervins

If you watched the entire video you will see that Jason Campbell was by FAR the most accurate out of all the QBs.

No, Ramsey was. Campbell seemed fairly accurate most throws, Brunell not at all.

And Ramsey looked very accurate in the 6-9 video.

Originally posted by RDSCNZ20

the latest clip with gibbs and WR going deep..

the first pass thrown by brunell to McCants... you guessed it..

waaaaaaaaaaay off target.. just made me laugh but then i cried..

http://www.redskins.com/news/multimedia.jsp?id=7486#

I thought the same thing when I saw Brunell's first pass. But, in general it seemed to me that the rythm was off for the whole deep passing game. There is no doubt that Campbell and Ramsey were throwing better balls, but not too many in the clip were actually on target.

It doesn't worry me though because it is still OTA's, and that is what the OTA's, mini camp, and training camp are all about.

Watching the most recent OTA had me somewhat concerned.

Brunell was missing guys (I think he did hit Thrash one time).

Campbell threw nice passes, but underthrown-- players (Brown and some others had to stop stride and come back for the ball).

Ramsey overthrew a couple of passes and then undrethrew a few.

I know this is early, so I'm not being a Chicken Little....but I hope the timing improves as training camp and preseason gets here.

Originally posted by goskins

I know this is early, so I'm not being a Chicken Little....but I hope the timing improves as training camp and preseason gets here.

I actually had to go back and watch to make sure I wasn't seeing things, but it looks like there were far more passes over or underthrown than connected. Maybe the WR's were told not to go out of their way to catch the balls, that way the NFLPA wouldn't think they were working too hard... :laugh:

Nick

Originally posted by ntotoro

I actually had to go back and watch to make sure I wasn't seeing things, but it looks like there were far more passes over or underthrown than connected. Maybe the WR's were told not to go out of their way to catch the balls, that way the NFLPA wouldn't think they were working too hard... :laugh:

Nick

Yeah,

catching that pass may be "too aggressive".

Remember no 1-on-1's and that includes player-football relations.

:laugh:

Archived