Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What about Ramsey?

GRiggs

That list could have been put together by a 5 year old. Those are all 1st round choices, and many of them high choices. If Carr and Harrington were 2nd or 3rd round choices, they'd be labeled busts already. They've done nothing.

I've said this before many times....As a Tulane alum, I saw the college careers of both Ramsey and Losman, and Ramsey is better. Neither was as good as Shaun King.

Originally posted by CMonster

That list could have been put together by a 5 year old. Those are all 1st round choices, and many of them high choices. If Carr and Harrington were 2nd or 3rd round choices, they'd be labeled busts already. They've done nothing.

I've said this before many times....As a Tulane alum, I saw the college careers of both Ramsey and Losman, and Ramsey is better. Neither was as good as Shaun King.

Shaun King?!? Great...:doh:

Shaun King, Seriously? - I'm not arguing. I admit I've never seen many Tulane games, but then again Wuerful was awesome in college too.

Shaun King isn't even with a team now is he?

The next time I hear about how good Kyle Boller is about to become I will flip. The guy isn't as big as Ramsey, as tough as Ramsey, and no, although many won't admit it, his arm is nowhere near Ramsey's. If you compare their first two seaons, Ramsey is superior. If you compare college careers, Ramsey is superior. In Boller's college career, he completed 47.8% of his passes. In Ramsey's college career, he completed 58.9% of his passes. Boller has had more margin for error, more oppurtunity, a better o-line, and a better running game, and guess what...he hasn't produced. Ramsey has constantly looked like the better of the two Qbs but when you hear about young Qbs poised to having breakout seasons, you hear Boller, but never Ramsey and that just pisses me off!!!

Originally posted by dg28daman

The next time I hear about how good Kyle Boller is about to become I will flip. The guy isn't as big as Ramsey, as tough as Ramsey, and no, although many won't admit it, his arm is nowhere near Ramsey's. If you compare their first two seaons, Ramsey is superior. If you compare college careers, Ramsey is superior. In Boller's college career, he completed 47.8% of his passes. In Ramsey's college career, he completed 58.9% of his passes. Boller has had more margin for error, more oppurtunity, a better o-line, and a better running game, and guess what...he hasn't produced. Ramsey has constantly looked like the better of the two Qbs but when you hear about young Qbs poised to having breakout seasons, you hear Boller, but never Ramsey and that just pisses me off!!!

Good call. Boller is a joke. Probably affected Rogers in the draft, too. Boller's RB had one of the greatest individual seasons ever, and the QB still couldn't get it done. Really sad.

Wow, Shaun King? That doesn't say much about Ramsey, Shaun King is horrible

Shaun King took the Bucs to the playoffs where they beat the Redskins by 1. How quickly we all forget.

I also believe that was the last time we saw Brian Mitchell in a Redskins uniform. He had a KR for a TD if I remember correctly.

I would take him over Brunell at this point.

Originally posted by goskins

Ok,

a BS article.....I was about to defend it until I read that #7 was Kyle Boller.

Sorry, Boller is a question mark at best and the way his O-line blocks in pass coverage.....nope not a superstar.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Ramsey fan, I have a lot of respect for what he's willing to do and the punishment he's taken. But PR is just as big a question mark imo. This year will answer those questions.

You guys are absolutely right, they are nothing more than opinion articles, and at that, they reflect just how unintelligent "experts" are. Reading these articles give me great hope, because I know, that I have a chance to be a sports writer for a large circulation magazine, I mean, if that idiot can do it, certainly I can.

Ramsey is going to play soild, and the way this league and the medial is towards the redskins, fans like us may as well watch the game on mute.

Ramsey is a very talented athlete, about the only thing he does not have is great speed. Remember, Ramsey played much better and was much more comfortable in his second year for Spurrier, I think the same follows this season with Gibbs, only now this is his fourth year, and he's going to break it out, i'm tellin' all you guys, Patrick Ramsey is the man, he has the goods, he's got the arm, the size, and when he's comfortable in the offense, he can make smart decisions, but in all fairness, steve spurrier's

'just throw it god damit, throw it to all hell, throw it down the field as far as you ****ing can" mentality really helped to slow ramsey's development.

campbell is lucky to have been drafted onto a team with a sound minded coach by comparison

Originally posted by jimster

Shaun King, Seriously? - I'm not arguing. I admit I've never seen many Tulane games, but then again Wuerful was awesome in college too.

Shaun King isn't even with a team now is he?

It's a slow time in the offseason, so I might as well...

I am serious. I saw 4 years of King, 3 years of Ramsey, 2+ years of Losman and King was the best by a wide wide margin. He doesn't have the arm that get personnel guys excited, but he's got that "winner" intangible and is a leader. Not only was King the best of the three, but in 1998, I believe that King had the best season of any QB in the history of college football. Seriously.

He isn't currently signed, which I think is a mistake, because I think he's absolutely a starting quality QB. As someone else noted, King was the last QB to knock us out in a playoff game. King has started 3 football games since. Because he doesn't have a big arm and is cerebral, he's an ideal fit in the WCO.

Losman, at times, looked incredible in college. He has a cannon arm, can throw with touch, runs like a running back and has the attitude of a linebacker. But he was very streaky, and when he was off he was bad. His attitude is not bad, it's just misunderstood. But I'm not sure he has the "calm" and maturity needed to be consistent at the NFL level.

Ramsey was somewhere in between the two. I think he has almost everything I want to see, except I want to see him become the leader of a winning team. He was a good leader at Tulane, but his teams didn't win. Most of that was not Ramsey's fault (they lost their entire defense and most of the OL).

To finish the train of thought, watch out for the next QB at QB-U, Lester Ricard. While it's still early, at this point he is far ahead of where King, Ramsey or Losman as sophomores. He will be the 4th consecutive Tulane QB drafted very early.

Archived