Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Taylor's Father

Griff

I'm not from Florida, but I've heard that Florida City at least used to be a major drug market. It seems like some kids have a hard time escaping the hood. Allen Iverson is like that. One of the most talented, hardest playing, highly paid guys in the NBA, but talk to him and it's all about being the toughest guy on the street. And that street to another world is very very long for some kids. I have a feeling that this won't be the last time that Sean Taylor gets in trouble. If he escapes a long prison sentence he needs to move out of Florida because the new laws there will eventually catch up to him.

Hey, I just drove through that place 12 days ago. It’s not much, a few strip malls, restaurants, etc. I didn’t see any Florida City cops, but I did see Miami-Dade cruisers. It’s not very big at all, a lot smaller than Fairfax City for sure. But it certainly isn’t the “hood” by any means.

I know this sounds crazy, but is there any utility in having Gibbs call a meeting with Sean's father? He seems like a stand-up guy and even though he is legally an adult, Sean sure isn't acting like it and perhaps and "intervention" by two strong male role models in his life might stem the hemmorrhage, so to speak.

Any thoughts?

He looks like he could whoop some ass...he should start with his son!

If you click on the link below his picture it is an e-mail direct link. I thought it gave his bio. Alright, fess up, how many of you sent his Dad an e-mail already... :D

Originally posted by wskin44

I'm not from Florida, but I've heard that Florida City at least used to be a major drug market. It seems like some kids have a hard time escaping the hood. Allen Iverson is like that. One of the most talented, hardest playing, highly paid guys in the NBA, but talk to him and it's all about being the toughest guy on the street. And that street to another world is very very long for some kids. I have a feeling that this won't be the last time that Sean Taylor gets in trouble. If he escapes a long prison sentence he needs to move out of Florida because the new laws there will eventually catch up to him.

Sean didn't grow up on the streets like Iverson. Sean lived with his mother after his parents were divorced, but his father is chief of police in Florida City, Florida, so he isn't that bad off. Sean had always stayed out of trouble, but I think some old friends of his have taken advantage of his newly found fame and money.

I heard on the radio that they asked Sean's dad about the incident, and he just said, ask his mother....

That stood out to me as well- either dad can't beat him down anymore and is tired of his hijinx or mommy never showed him the back of her hand

Wilbon mentioned that he may be doing a lot of this stuff to get back at his disciplinarian father- who knows.

Bottom line is stupid is stupid

My only question in regard to ST's pops is whether or not he was able to sweep any other incidents involving his son under the rug back in high school/college. Coming from a law enforcement family, I know that in certain scenario's, cops can exert or hold a lot of influence over other police officers to help keep a family member out of trouble altogether or more often, out of as much trouble as might have been otherwise warranted. Food for thought.

I hate to see ST in this situation. I know there was a lot of frustration and joking going around in other threads but the botton line is that he is a great player and I do really hope that he will be around for us to enjoy his demolition of WR and RB in the NFL. The kid seems to be getting poor advice from people and seems to be very irresponsible the way he acts being a high profile football player in the NFL. Maybe he should snap out of it and take serious his opportunity which he has accomplish. He will be one of the better players ever to play the game if he stays out of trouble.

Originally posted by wskin44

Didn't you see the new AI reebok commercial, he's not a thug. :laugh:

Archived