Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Need restaurant advice for Baltimore

kevhow

Inner Harbor area to be exact. I haven't been down that way for a few years. This Saturday I'm taking my girlfriend for an overnight stay, and a little Cirque du Soleil action :rolleyes:

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had some recommendations on where to eat. Preferably either steak or Italian and the closer to the harbor the better. Thanks guys!

Couple of places. Try to avoid the harborplace b/c its all overpriced and overcrouded. For steaks, you cant beat Flemings steakhouse. Its pricey but great.

For Italian, head over to little italy and take you pick. I like Sabatinos' (spelling?), but there are other very good ones there. Blue Agave as the other guy mentioned is pretty good but its always packed so make reservations. For something different you could also check out Tio-Pepe's. Its a well know spot for Spanish/portugese cusine. The Sangria will Knock you out.

Next to the Inner Harbor area is an area known as 'Little Italy'. You've got several Italian restaraunts to choose from which seem to vary in quality and price. I've only been to a couple but they weren't expensive ($14-20 for 1 entree although you could go crazy and end up with a big bill for two). For more standard fare (read chain), there's an M&S Grill which I like and isn't too expensive (entrees with sides about $20-25) but it is a chain .

Originally posted by mardi gras skin

I haven't been to a restaurant in Little Italy that I didn't like, but the atmosphere at Aldo's sets it apart.

http://www.aldositaly.com/

What he said. :mmm:

Aldo's is the best in the city, hands down. Everything from the food to the service to the mood it sets are perfect for a night with the girlfriend. It's kind of pricey, but not grossly overpriced like Sotta Sopra's. If you go there, request a seat in the Atrium. You'll thank me for it. If you're looking for steak, order the Tournedos Rossini (Filet Mignon).

There are certainly cheaper places, but if you're going to do it, do it right. Sabbatino's is a cheaper, and more comfortable alternative, but the food isn't nearly as good as Aldo's.

You could try pier 4. Its a small Bar & Grill behind the Espn zone at the end of the pier. My friend is the assistant GM there. Ask for Kyle and tell him Rich sent you there. Tell him you know me from........oh I dont know......tell him from a Skins game...

He will take care of you...

Originally posted by kevhow

Inner Harbor area to be exact. I haven't been down that way for a few years. This Saturday I'm taking my girlfriend for an overnight stay, and a little Cirque du Soleil action :rolleyes:

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had some recommendations on where to eat. Preferably either steak or Italian and the closer to the harbor the better. Thanks guys!

I did this exact same thing a few years ago. Took her to the Cheescake Factory. They have pretty good food. I think we spent around $50.00. Then I took her to the Sheraton for the Cirque du soleil action. I'll never forget that evening.... :laugh:

Originally posted by Soliloquy

Is that what it's called now?

I wish it was.... I'd much rather be doing that then watching a bunch of guys in tight pants prancing around..... but who knows, I might actually enjoy myself

I like the sound of Aldo's a lot.... if it was my birthday we'd be going there..... but I think I'm going to take her to Flemings.... she loves steak and it's very close to our hotel....

Thanks again

:cheers:

EDIT: Oh and for the record, I actually think I will enjoy Cirque du Soleil....

Originally posted by kevhow

I saw Cirque du Soleil on Friday night and it was very good, I went to DuClaw in Fells Point down the street from the Show. DuClaw was very reasonably priced also. Across the street was a more expensive restaurant and on Broadway a few blocks away are several restaurants. If you want Italian go to Vacarro's in Little Italy not too far away.

Originally posted by cracka

Couple of places. Try to avoid the harborplace b/c its all overpriced and overcrouded. For steaks, you cant beat Flemings steakhouse. Its pricey but great.

For Italian, head over to little italy and take you pick. I like Sabatinos' (spelling?), but there are other very good ones there. Blue Agave as the other guy mentioned is pretty good but its always packed so make reservations. For something different you could also check out Tio-Pepe's. Its a well know spot for Spanish/portugese cusine. The Sangria will Knock you out.

Sabatino's is overrated. It used to be a good restaurant but it isn't the same anymore. Also the restaurant across the street has gone downhill as well. Starts with a C, but I can't think of it. Vacarro's is one of the better ones, but you should make a reservations.

Archived