Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who Was Gibbs Talking About?

zoony

Originally posted by Riggo-toni

Thinking this over now...it's more likely to be either a safety or a linebacker, since those are the overcrowded spot where Joe would worry about tipping his hand.

That would probably narrow it down to Bowen, Lott, or Barrow.

It would be pretty wild if it were Barrow. I doubt it is, but that would make me pretty happy.

I thought Barrow is not even playing yet and is still rehabbing?

It's gotta be Daniels or Bowen, I'm leaning towards Daniels.

Originally posted by jrfriedm

You think Jeff Chandler is competion for Hall? Chandler can't even hit a 35 yrd field goal :doh: Please tell me you are just trying to play devil's advocate here.

THANK YOU!

God I swear whenever our kicking game comes up, people say "Hall is gone, Chandler is just as good if not better"..

Chandler isn't even in Hall's league. Hall had some injuries last year, lets hope he's fully recovered and ready to rock.

Its got to be daniels last year none of us thought daniels was worth anything. Gibbs knows that too so im pretty sure its daniels and that is why we didnt draft a DE becuz gibbs had faith in him and right now he is showing that he was a awesome pickup last year.:logo: :helmet: :logo: :helmet:

Remember he said "most or all" that would lead me to either Bowen (probably a starter again), Jansen (same), Daniels (same), Hall (could be replaced by Chandler- really that one is a toss up).

Now, I wouldn't count Arrington or Barrow-- since neither is in camp (sorry, OTAs).

Since most of the above are starters, I count them out as well since we know Bowen and Daniels are highly respected by Williams and co.

It could be Jansen, but again he's not on the bubble and the way the comment suggested was that this guy was maybe not a starter or has really improved over a former level including injury.

My guesses:

1. Walt Harris: This guy overcame a surgery that no one was sure if he'd play again and yet is now our #2 CB (for now) and seems to be impressive.

2. K. Campbell- STer and LB who got hurt during the end of the season but could fight for the staring Mike position.

3. Andre Lott- lost him somewhat early in the season (after he took over for the injured Bowen) was impressive- could replace Taylor if he keeps doing what he's doing (ST-- at least call the coach back, man).

4. Chad Morton- KR that many thought (including myself) is gone after June 1st. Maybe he's got his speed back and will challenge Brown for that job.

Originally posted by zoony

Not sure if everyone has had a chance to listen/watch the entire 30 minute press conference from yesterday, but there was a quote from Joe Gibbs that had me scratching my head.

When speaking about success stories on the team, Joe mentioned that he was having a conversation with one of the position coaches (didn't say which) and asked

"Who is impressing you out there right now?"

According to JG, the position coach mentioned that there is a player out there who was injured for most or all of last season who is performing tremendously right now, and really has a chance to make a big impact this year.

The press of course asked for a name... to which Joe replied "I didn't give the team a name when I told them that story and I'm not going to give you one now" ... "it would make other players at that position discouraged / etc." (not exact quotes). Apparently Joe told the team the same story.

Who do you think Joe was talking about?

:helmet: HTTR :helmet:

Well JG didn't say that he didn't play last year either right? He just said he was hurt. Let me tell you then who I think it is. Samuels. He played hurt all last year and if he has a great year this year along with jansen man we could be the team to beat.

Originally posted by goskins

Remember he said "most or all" that would lead me to either Bowen (probably a starter again), Jansen (same), Daniels (same), Hall (could be replaced by Chandler- really that one is a toss up).

Now, I wouldn't count Arrington or Barrow-- since neither is in camp (sorry, OTAs).

Since most of the above are starters, I count them out as well since we know Bowen and Daniels are highly respected by Williams and co.

It could be Jansen, but again he's not on the bubble and the way the comment suggested was that this guy was maybe not a starter or has really improved over a former level including injury.

My guesses:

1. Walt Harris: This guy overcame a surgery that no one was sure if he'd play again and yet is now our #2 CB (for now) and seems to be impressive.

2. K. Campbell- STer and LB who got hurt during the end of the season but could fight for the staring Mike position.

3. Andre Lott- lost him somewhat early in the season (after he took over for the injured Bowen) was impressive- could replace Taylor if he keeps doing what he's doing (ST-- at least call the coach back, man).

4. Chad Morton- KR that many thought (including myself) is gone after June 1st. Maybe he's got his speed back and will challenge Brown for that job.

Intriguing list... nice post

Originally posted by cscmtp

unless i missed something and its JUST defense he's talking about, couldn't it be jacobs? Wasn't he injured part of the season as well?

Don't think so, unless he was still recovering from the injury he suffered two years ago.

He hasn't been cleared to practice yet. My guess is either Harris or Lott, I will also throw in Mark Wilson, as a wildcard.

Archived