Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who Was Gibbs Talking About?

zoony

Originally posted by BigDaddyShoo

he hit a 49 yarder for us against San Fran, but I agree that he doesn't hold a candle (or is it Chandle in this case? :laugh: ) against a healthy John Hall leg

Maybe so, but I remember that there was a strong wind for that game which is probably the only reason he got it there. I doubt Coach wouldn't of even let him go for it if it hadn't been for the wind.

Originally posted by Gothtimus

THANK YOU!

God I swear whenever our kicking game comes up, people say "Hall is gone, Chandler is just as good if not better"..

Chandler isn't even in Hall's league. Hall had some injuries last year, lets hope he's fully recovered and ready to rock.

People seem to forget how terriable our kicking game was for the past 10 years, until we got hall. People forget that this past season our kicking game cost us field postition on kickoffs, and lots points that were either lost due to missed field goals, or because Coach didn't trust Chandler's leg.

Originally posted by Spear

Seriously, I think it's Brunell. I think if it were any other player, he'd have identified him by name. Whereas assigning praise to Brunell at this stage will open the floodgates.

You may have a point, but I pray to God you are wrong.

"One player there, who was hurt, missed a lot of last year...someody that kinda, you know, we were kinda figuring hey, was hurt most of last year, probably not going to make much of an impact on the team....here we have something developing where the guy could maybe be; and make a heck of a contribution to the football team".....

Hmmmmmm. Doesn't sound like a high profile guy to me....a surprise guy. I think that rules out Lavar and Daniels. Barrow probably too. Maybe Lott or Bowen?

Originally posted by BigDaddyShoo

Jeff Chandler did pretty well for us late last season.

Whhhaaaaaa...? You ARE talking about the kicker, right? The same one who couldn't hit a 30+ yard FG? PLease God, tell me he is NOT talking about the kicker! :doh:

Originally posted by zoony

Not sure if everyone has had a chance to listen/watch the entire 30 minute press conference from yesterday, but there was a quote from Joe Gibbs that had me scratching my head.

When speaking about success stories on the team, Joe mentioned that he was having a conversation with one of the position coaches (didn't say which) and asked

"Who is impressing you out there right now?"

According to JG, the position coach mentioned that there is a player out there who was injured for most or all of last season who is performing tremendously right now, and really has a chance to make a big impact this year.

The press of course asked for a name... to which Joe replied "I didn't give the team a name when I told them that story and I'm not going to give you one now" ... "it would make other players at that position discouraged / etc." (not exact quotes). Apparently Joe told the team the same story.

Who do you think Joe was talking about?

:helmet: HTTR :helmet:

Coles?

Oh, wait...

:jk:

I think you guys are all WAY OFF.

If you listen closely to the press conference he alludes to the fact that this was a player they had forgotten about and maybe even were planning on cutting him. I know this might sound wierd, but I think it could be Chad Morton. Call me crazy, as I think there is a good chance he will be cut, but I have this feeling he has been impressing in camp after they had all but written him off...

just my :2cents:

Originally posted by Ricky Ervins

I think you guys are all WAY OFF.

If you listen closely to the press conference he alludes to the fact that this was a player they had forgotten about and maybe even were planning on cutting him. I know this might sound wierd, but I think it could be Chad Morton. Call me crazy, as I think there is a good chance he will be cut, but I have this feeling he has been impressing in camp after they had all but written him off...

just my :2cents:

Morton hasn't been cleared yet... tait him McGee

Ron Warner?

Y'all don't think that Gibbs could be using this as a motivational tool for the guys, and in reality he's not talking about anyone in particular - just trying to inspire some guys and maybe scare others into working harder?

Maybe that wouldn't be like Gibbs, but if you were gonna use a motivational gimmick, this is how you would do it.

Who was injured most of last year but is currently practicing and therefore able to impress the coaches? Not Lavar; not Barrow; and not Chad Morton. Daniels played enough to impress the coaches last year and they were already expecting good things from him. Has to be a player who was flying under the radar.

Possibly Bowen but I think Khary Cambell LB is the most likely. It could also be Mark Wilson.

Originally posted by CowboyzSuckAzz

Whhhaaaaaa...? You ARE talking about the kicker, right? The same one who couldn't hit a 30+ yard FG? PLease God, tell me he is NOT talking about the kicker! :doh:

Thank you!! I can't believe how quickly everybody around here has forgotten how nice it is to have a real kicker on the team. Sometimes I have to wonder about some of these people.

Archived