Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Spurrier has got to go!!

eyeball

Spurrier does need to go, though today a lot of what is going is on the players. Don't bother trying to convince these guys here that Spurrier needs to go, eyeball, they'll finally figure it out next year when were 5-8/6-7 or so at this time once again.

eyeball, I suggest you go take a look at the record of the Chiefs under Vermiels first two years, then look at his record today. Then look at the same story with the rams a few years back,, same as with the Patriots..

2 years is not enough time to

A/ learn the NFL

B/ build something out of the shambles that was inherited.

So, the backup QB has a bad day throwing the ball in a freezing rainstorm, and you're ready to hang the whole administration.

I guess that makes sense.

~Bang

Spurrier is just not an NFL coach. Mistakes start at the coach and about every other game we look like the joke of the NFL. He just does not ever seem to get the team ready. I would say we have won a few in spite of SOS.

At this point I really say start the rebuiling process now, flush the whole thing and move on, we just are not getting better. How can you not be ready to play the cowboys late in the season???? Can't believe he gets paid for this.

So, the backup QB has a bad day throwing the ball in a freezing rainstorm, and you're ready to hang the whole administration.

Bang I tend to agree with your overall assesment but the frastration isn't based on poor play over one afternoon. The underachievment and apperant poor preperation had been a common theme in SS's two years in DC. Hopefully he will continue to learn and next year will be better......but I, like eyeball, have seen enough of this garbage.

I suggest you blind Spurrier supporters do what you say and go back and compare Vermiel and Jimmy Johnsons teams in their first 2 years.

You will see GREAT improvement as the second year went on.

Do you see ANYTHING in Dc that would lead you to believe we are improving?

Open your eyes.

Where's the talent on offense? Coles is the only player that impresses me aside from Randy Thomas. Three of our top 4 rbs are hurt. Our TE play is non-existent. Our QB couldn't make the third string of the Eagles. Jansen's getting abused by Greg Ellis.

Our defense makes Troy Hambrick look like Emmitt.

Like it or not, the team has hitched it's wagon to Spurrier. Unhitching the wagon now leaves the wagon once again careening out of control, and leaves yet another total rebuilding process.

We've invested in the coach, we've invested in the players. Throwing out one ruins the other, regardless.

And you're right, it's not just one game, but the overall things I have seen show me that the problems they begin with clear up.

The OL problems have gotten much better. The penalties have gotten better. The wins haven't come, but the team does fight.

Tey're using a backup QB, they haven't had a healthyt backfield all year practically. The DL stinks, and we knew that going in. Can't fix all the personel problems in one offseason.

And as screwed up as this organization was, to expect it to be rosy in one year is to expect miracles, and if you expect miracles, you'll never be happy.

I say one year because I don't think any coach could have done anything with the hand dealt last year. The offense was depleted, the cap was a mess.

For the record, Vermiel was 14-18 in the first two years in KC, and 9-23 his first two in St Louis.

Jimmy Johnson existed pre-cap and made arguably the greatest trade in NFL history.

Frankly, if you want to point the finger in a SERIOUs place to blame... listen to 'our crowd' in 'our stadium" cheering their asses off for the Cowboys.

If I were a player, I'd feel pretty lousy about playing here, too.

F-ing disgusting, it is.

~Bang

I'm starting to believe Spurrier needs to go. I think he's in over his head. I don't think he knows how to handle NFL players.

He made a promise when he was first announced as our head coach that HE would personally see to it to sweep the Cowgirls. Now, we're being embarrassed by them.

He wanted Edwards. Why? Why??? Why not search out a veteran DC that would know how to exploit offenses.

Spurrier has all but abandoned the fun N gun. For many, that's probably a good thing. But, a general doesn't back away from a plan. He did. He didn't adapt. He just listened to a bunch of cowards tell him his system wouldn't work. Now HE'S the coward.

He's an embarrassment. Just like Snyder is an embarrassment as an owner.

Redskins' fans, wake up! Whether a coach like Green could come in here and take us to a Super Bowl isn't the issue. The issue is a prominent, seasoned head coach would, at the very least, establish discipline and bring a little pride to the organization. A seasoned NFL head coach would provide us with a winning season. A playoff season.

I'm sorry, Spurrier isn't the answer. Next year, we all can count on the same horsesh!t that we're seeing now. Count on it!

Archived