Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ron78

Do you like the Redskins' Off-season choices?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the better quarterback?

• Alex Smith
    • Kirk Cousins
  2. 2. Who is the better running back signing?

• Adrian Peterson
    • [INSERT ANY OTHER RUNNING BACK FREE AGENT'S NAME HERE]

Are you happy with what the Redskins have done at quarterback and running back this year?  

Alex Smith and Kirk Cousins both had good games against mediocre teams today, but Alexis a savvy veteran who will probably make better decisions more often in the red zone than Kirk did.

Adrian Peterson looked like a much younger man today, but it didn't really surprise me because he has never had a bad season (when healthy).  After losing an incredible draft pick for the season, was there another free agent that would have made a better band aid?

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

You're second question doesn't make any sense and its only week 1.

My second question makes perfect sense.  Was there a better free agent out there we could have signed under the circumstances to replace Guice?

It doesn't matter that it is only week one.  We have seen enough from these players in past seasons to make a projection.

5 minutes ago, Ron78 said:

My second question makes perfect sense.  Was there a better free agent out there we could have signed under the circumstances to replace Guice?

AP was the only option that made sense at that point of the preseason, everyone is going to say yes on that one.

5 minutes ago, Ron78 said:

It doesn't matter that it is only week one.  We have seen enough from these players in past seasons to make a projection.

You're asking who is better after one season based on previous performance but framing in a way of asking who's better right now?  Call me after Week 4, more body of work for this year. I don't think who's better even matters considering how close they are to each other, better question is should we of traded for Alex or gone after somebody like Keenum, which is too late now, I'm focused on who's here now.

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

AP was the only option that made sense at that point of the preseason, everyone is going to say yes on that one.

You're asking who is better after one season based on previous performance but framing in a way of asking who's better right now?  Call me after Week 4, more body of work for this year. I don't think who's better even matters considering how close they are to each other, better question is should we of traded for Alex or gone after somebody like Keenum, which is too late now, I'm focused on who's here now.

That is all understandable, but I am curious to see how many posters are really clinging to the "signing AP would be the same old Skins" or the "letting Kirk Cousins go was the worst mistake the Redskins made" mantras.  There was a lot of that, and I am just curious to see where the majority stands.  

I watched the end of the Vikings v SF game with great curiosity in how Curt Kousins was playing.

OK, near the end of the game with possession, the Vikes lead by 8 or one-possession.  KC could not convert that critical 3rd and 6 to seal the game.  Sound familiar? 

I've warned my Vikings friends to beware of what they got in Kapt Klutch.  I'm surprised he didn't throw a pick six, but that'll come in OT in the next game.

I'm happier with Alex.  Said it when KC left... and mean it more now that we're 1-0

Here's the thing, there's a giant ass running back thread about a page or two back about this.  I don't think anyone saw AP becoming a Redskins coming going into the offseason, why barely anyone voted for signing a Free Agent.  What lead to AP coming here was desperation, it would only be a "such a Redskins move" if AP didn't care and was done but was fine taking one more paycheck.  Clearly not the case.

And honestly, the last thing I want to see in the stadium is another Cousins thread.  He's gone, we have to move on.  Feel like the majority has already spoken on both of these issues, but its your thread.

1 minute ago, petey hodge said:

I watched the end of the Vikings v SF game with great curiosity in how Curt Kousins was playing.

OK, near the end of the game with possession, the Vikes lead by 8 or one-possession.  KC could not convert that critical 3rd and 6 to seal the game.  Sound familiar? 

I've warned my Vikings friends to beware of what they got in Kapt Klutch.  I'm surprised he didn't throw a pick six, but that'll come in OT in the next game.

I'm happier with Alex.  Said it when KC left... and mean it more now that we're 1-0

Yep.  I was saying the same thing.  It surprised me just how attached the fan base was to Kirk despite how poorly he played in the red zone sometimes.  Kirk was our Tony Romo.  Alex Smith may not quite be league MVP material, but he is experienced and reliable.  

6 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Here's the thing, there's a giant ass running back thread about a page or two back about this.  I don't think anyone saw AP becoming a Redskins coming going into the offseason, why barely anyone voted for signing a Free Agent.  What lead to AP coming here was desperation, it would only be a "such a Redskins move" if AP didn't care and was done but was fine taking one more paycheck.  Clearly not the case.

And honestly, the last thing I want to see in the stadium is another Cousins thread.  He's gone, we have to move on.  Feel like the majority has already spoken on both of these issues, but its your thread.

Agreed brother.  I made my peace with us loosing Cousins.  hated the move to a point I didn't post in here for months.  Worse for me was giving up Fuller.  Anyway its done we move on.  And after yesterday I am hoping the football Gods will give us something to smile about this season.  Still petrified of injuries because lets face it the past couple of years they were the main reason this team was derailed not because we couldn't play well.  Its one game, we dominated a team that no one things is worth much but in the past these are the teams we resurrected.  On to the Colts, another team we should beat.

The one quote that I read which made me cringe was by Gruden that was displayed during the game.  I am paraphrasing but it read something about how we aren't building a team around him (Alex Smith).  The team is built, and he needs to lead it.  Like now.

It just concerns me that they may not be playing to his Strengths but regardless the results were pretty decent.  He looked good out there - made good decisions.  The Redskins offense looked Balanced with a good running game.  Alex didn't look at very many WR's though and that was also a bit concerning but I think it's just part of the learning process. 

I'm pleasantly surprised.

Cousins was solid, but that 49ers defense made the day awfully easy for him. CBs that had good position but never looked back for the ball. A couple of should have been INTs dropped. The injuries to the SF LBs. The stupid and costly Garappolo decisions. Alfred Morris fumble at the goal-line. Easy YAC plays on short throws made it a nice day for Kirk. He was still solid, and did what he needed to do. 

People should really let this stuff go. Cousins was long gone. Washington did what it needed to do to stay viable after Kirk had already decided to go. Leave it be. 

I feel like ( this is based off one game so take with a grain of salt) Alex Smith is a smarter quarterback while Kirk Cousins is a bit more of a Playmaker/gambler. In a game like yesterdays where Smith was under constant pressure how many picks would Cousins have thrown ? How many touchdowns would he have thrown beating the blitz ? Alex did neither of those things instead scrambling out of pressure and either throwing it away or running for yards.

Cousins is going to be lights out this year playing on a good team like the Vikings and i just hope for the sanity of this board we keep winning as well otherwise this place is going to learn REAL QUICK Cousins was a star on some very mediocre teams and kept us competitive for years. If Peterson, CT & our defense stay healthy we won't have to worry about any of that, we will be too busy discussing playoffs....?

Archived