Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: #REDSKINS RE-SIGN T TY NSEKHE

TK

For Immediate Release                                                                                  

April 16, 2018

REDSKINS RE-SIGN T TY NSEKHE

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have re-signed restricted free agent tackle Ty Nsekhe. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Nsekhe (6-8, 338) has appeared in 42 career regular season games with 11 starts. In 2017, he appeared in 11 games for Washington, making five starts in the final six weeks of the season.

Nsekhe, 32, played collegiately at Texas State and Tarleton State after attending Bowie H.S. in Arlington, Texas. He was born Oct. 27, 1985.

Hopefully it's four+ years.  I don't like this FO but if it's not just a one- or two-year rental, then this is a great move.

In addition to having basically three starters at tackle, we more importantly can continue threads on whether we should move Williams to left guard so that Nsekhe can play tackle.

The fact that we could re-sign him, presumably for back up money, makes me wonder is we overvalue him or the league undervalues him. He had a rougher go in 2017 and I think there were some injuries. That might explain it. Also, Ty has is an older model even if he doesn't have as much tread on the tires.

7 minutes ago, Burgold said:

The fact that we could re-sign him, presumably for back up money, makes me wonder is we overvalue him or the league undervalues him. He had a rougher go in 2017 and I think there were some injuries. That might explain it. Also, Ty has is an older model even if he doesn't have as much tread on the tires.

There was a 2nd round tender on him, no one was going to give up a 2nd rounder for him...

Archived