Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2017 Offseason Twitter Thread

TSO

Not Robert Griffin @Pseudo_RGIII 21m21 minutes ago

The speculation today will be of epic proportions, brace yourselves folks

Chad Ryan @ChadwikoRCC 47m47 minutes ago

Wouldn't shock me in the least if Bruce Allen is begging Kirk Cousins to come in and sign the tag today, to quiet some noise.

Burgundy Burner @BurgundyBurner 7h7 hours ago

Burgundy Burner Retweeted Chris Russell

Not going to criticize you here. But, when the dust finally settles you will either be a hero or a zero. My guess is the former. We'll see.

Burgundy Burner added,

Chris Russell @Russellmania621
"McCloughan Missing" - The latest as we know it. https://www.dchotread.com/2017/03/01/mccloughan-missing 

Brian McNallyVerified account @bmcnally14 8h8 hours ago

Scot McCloughan denies our report about him being sent away from Redskins Park on Feb. 20: "I'm taking care of my family, plain and simple."

Burgundy Burner @BurgundyBurner 8h8 hours ago

Burgundy Burner Retweeted John Keim

Thanks, JK. It will be an interesting tomorrow. Might be a good idea for everyone to get some rest.

Burgundy Burner added,

John KeimVerified account @john_keim
Sorry folks. Have no more answers yet. I read the obit too. But I can only go by what I know and am told.

Chad Ryan @ChadwikoRCC 48m48 minutes ago

Chad Ryan Retweeted Will Briggs

Agreed. Expect an informal presser with Bruce Allen today.

Chad Ryan added,

Will Briggs @lordbriggs
@ChadwikoRCC The team has to make some sort of announcement. Can't let the speculation get out of hand or brush it off.

Note: All the lastest on Scot is posted in BRBN

Chad Ryan @ChadwikoRCC 52m52 minutes ago

Chad Ryan Retweeted ~~~

Today's Redskins Capital Connection podcast, which will drop around 4pm ET. Guest @bmcnally14 will help.

Chad Ryan added,

~~~ @C_MansDoe
@ChadwikoRCC any clue when you will be talking about the Scott M issue circling around?

106.7 The FanVerified account @1067theFan 1h1 hour ago

GM Scot McCloughan absent from #Redskins Park for over a week. Won't attend NFL Combine. A @1067theFan exclusive: read it in BRBN CBS DC

CSN RedskinsVerified account @CSNRedskins 7m7 minutes ago

News broke late last night that #Redskins GM Scot McCloughan will not attend the NFL Combine. @JPFinlayCSN has more. read it in BRBN CSN

Mike JonesVerified account @MikeJonesWaPo 2m2 minutes ago

Bruce Allen said that McCloughan is "dealing with family matters" and will return to work "just as soon as things are handled."

John KeimVerified account @john_keim 2h2 hours ago

John Keim Retweeted Mike Jones

And SM denied it as well. So here we are.

John Keim added,

Mike JonesVerified account @MikeJonesWaPo
Scot McCloughan's agent Peter Schaffer said not true his client was sent home from work Feb 20. Said death in family is reason Scot's off.

Burgundy Burner @BurgundyBurner 21m21 minutes ago

@john_keim Do you think he will be fired sometime today or anytime soon?

Rob CarlinVerified account @RobCarlinCSN 12m12 minutes ago

If Cousins was smart, he'd play under the tag this year & go.. #Redskins again appear to be broken.. And it may never really get fixed..

Mike JonesVerified account @MikeJonesWaPo 6m6 minutes ago

Allen wouldn't confirm or deny that McCloughan had been sent home on Feb. 20 as @Russellmania621 had reported last night.

John KeimVerified account @john_keim 7m7 minutes ago

Still no contact between the Redskins and Pierre Garcon. Based on info since season ended, long doubted his return. A week from FA.

Chris BakerVerified account @cbaker92redskin Feb 27

Humbled and Blessed my jersey is up at my high school. Every time a kid walks into that gym they… https://www.instagram.com/p/BRCeg6tgY6V/

MarkMaskeVerified account @MarkMaske 38m38 minutes ago

Individual NFL teams have made variety of replay proposals: 3 challenges per team per game; unlimited challenges if keep getting them right.

MarkMaskeVerified account @MarkMaske 37m37 minutes ago

Teams' replay proposals could be made to owners in March with or without competition committee backing but those without usually don't pass.

John KeimVerified account @john_keim 45m45 minutes ago

Um, in other Redskins issues: Jay Gruden confident team can survive if DeSean Jackson, Pierre Garcon exit read it in BRBN ESPN

Redskins Buzztap @redskinsbuzztap 16m16 minutes ago

foxsports.com >> Redskins coach explains why he 'won't blink' if DeSean Jackson, Pierre Garcon leave  read it in BRBN

Mike JonesVerified account @MikeJonesWaPo 23m23 minutes ago

Allen repeated "he's dealing with family matters," then headed into a meeting here at the Combine. Said "I'm not getting into speculations."

Matt TerlVerified account @matt_terl 18m18 minutes ago

@MikeJonesWaPo "Yessssss, my plan is working," Allen continued, before adding "Oh, did I say that out loud?"

Steve Czaban @czabe

This was supposed to be an easy mission: Go to combine, watch some players, talk to media. Simple, right?

John KeimVerified account @john_keim 2h2 hours ago

@saqdaddy point is I don't know entire situation. I go with info I have. Can't wildly say things without knowing whole.

Emmanual Benton @Manny_Benton 10h10 hours ago

This has to hands down be the most odd offseason I've ever witnessed for the #Redskins.

Jessica McCloughan @JessicaMcCloug1 2h2 hours ago

@MikeJonesWaPo Mike is correct, @Russellmania621 is not. Scot was not in anyway sent home from Redskins Park.

@Russellmania621 @1067theFan This is incorrect. Not true.

@ChadwikoRCC @bmcnally14 Sorry but you are incorrect on this.

Jason Pugh @JPughSports 31m31 minutes ago

It's not your place to judge how somehow deals with the passing of a loved one or anyone for that matter #ScotMcC

106.7 The FanVerified account @1067theFan 33m33 minutes ago

.@Russellmania621 on #Redskins GM Scot McCloughan: "I believe he will still be with the organization" at the time of the NFL draft. (1/2)

106.7 The FanVerified account @1067theFan 33m33 minutes ago

.@Russellmania621 continues on McCloughan: "I have been told they're hoping to get through May...to decide on his future." (2/2)

CSN RedskinsVerified account @CSNRedskins 13m13 minutes ago

One thing that seems certain is that Scot McCloughan will miss the combine. What affect will his absence have?  read it in BRBN CSN

Jsteelz ? @Jsteelznskins 14m14 minutes ago

Scot wife has said Mike Jones is correct and Chris is off. All do respect , have to roll with the wife on this one .

Rich TandlerVerified account @Rich_TandlerCSN 3h3 hours ago

One thing that seems certain is that Scot McCloughan will miss the combine. What affect will his absence have?  read it in BRBN CSN

Martin Collinson @redskinsfanuk 3h3 hours ago

@burgundyblog I think its fair to say this ‘chaos’ might well exist largely in the heads of some media and fans. Might.

Master TesfatsionVerified account @MasterTes 20m20 minutes ago

#Redskins and Kirk Cousins's camp have met this week to discuss a long term deal, although the 2 sides aren't close to a deal, per sources.

The #Redskins were discussing a long term deal with Kirk Cousins worth $20M per year, per source. Cousins's tag is worth about $24M in '17.

michael phillips @michaelpRTD 7m7 minutes ago

Anything the Redskins brought to the table that was less than $24 mil/year was going to get swatted away. They knew that coming in.

Ross Tucker Retweeted SiriusXM NFL Radio

Redskins President calling any Cousins trade "nonsense" which is what I'll say about their strategy if no long term deal by July 15th.

Ross Tucker added,

SiriusXM NFL RadioVerified account @SiriusXMNFL
Allen on Cousins: We did exclusive deal because we were tired of the nonsense of possible trade scenarios out there. #Redskins #HTTR

Bruce Allen on whether Scot McCloughan will be at work next week: "He could be. We'll see. I'll talk to him tonight."

Archived