Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

2 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

Brave - every time I see you post, I get all excited its going to be about MJ Walker committing ...

Duke grad transfer Obi will be deciding btw MD and Georgetown as soon as today. Starting to really hope we comes in and has healthy knees. We need C help like a crackhead needs a good lighter.

http://www.testudotimes.com/maryland-terps-basketball/2017/4/19/15364514/grad-transfer-sean-obi-final-list-georgetown 

Yeah, we need any help we can get in the frontcourt.

I like Ceko's potential but he's a little soft and seems to have problems staying healthy.

And Bruno will just be a freshman.

http://maryland.247sports.com/Bolt/Maryland-Quarterback-Henderson-to-Miss-Spring-Game-52396742

Maryland Quarterback Henderson to Miss Spring Game

If you were looking forward to seeing Maryland's new quarterback in semi-real game action for the first time this weekend, you're going to have to wait.

Caleb Henderson, the North Carolina transfer who appears to lead the competition to start under center this fall, will miss Saturday's spring game because of an ankle injury, Terps coach DJ Durkin said Thursday. Henderson, a 6-foot-3, 215-pound junior, has impressed with his arm and mobility in spring camp.

“He's really talented. He can really run the ball as well as throw it. He's got a strong arm. He's got a big, thick body who can run really well. He's a good athlete. All those things. In terms of talent, he checks all the boxes," Durkin said earlier this month. "I love his competitiveness. He's a fiery guy, he's into it, he's high energy."

With Henderson sidelined for in what appears to be a precautionary measure, sophomores Max Bortenschlager and Tyrell Pigrome will see extra reps on Saturday. Both played last season as true freshmen, and both are in the hunt for the No. 1 or No. 2 job; touted freshman Kasim Hill will also compete upon his arrival to College Park.

Also out Saturday: wide receiver Chris Jones (torn ACL) and cornerback Ravon Davis (foot).

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

On 4/19/2017 at 9:50 AM, BenningRoadSkin said:

I keep forgetting a few of you lot are intimidated by physically fit women.

What ? haha. My wife has damn near a 6 pack. I'm not intimidated. I simply think that lady looks like a dude. 

L&L made a joke and you got it. I make a joke and you try to play it as if I don't appreciate fit women. 

I will tell you like I told someone else a few years ago... I only date attractive women. 

She is an average looking woman to me and looks like my sisters...so I don't find that ****ing attractive. 

But my sisters look feminine. 

Edited by Kosher Ham

Broadus is a BIG get for Turgeon and the Terps. Guy I know with some cache in the area AAU circuit says he knows everybody, and is very well thought of. Hopefully he can help Turge pull some of the TOP recruits, and power the Terps back into the national spotlight. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

GTown didnt really pull anyone big to go there. Maybe it was down to Thompson being so bad to play for?

LJ Peak and Paul White just a couple years ago. 2 McDonalds All-Americans in the same class.

Thompson, the younger, has not been a good coach for  that program. I'll be interested to see how Ewing works out. VERY well liked and respected for his work here in Charlotte the past few years. Clifford has said on a number of occasions that he is dumbfounded that Ewing hadn't gotten an NBA job yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

Georgetown is not the least bit relevant in big time men's basketball and they still recruited good players.  Broadus is a big win for the Terps.   Plus he gets to expand his recruiting to white players.  Whole new world.

Already have "The Great White Hope" Huerter. Now if he can go find an athletic 6'11" white kid who can step out and knock down the 3, I'm in!

52 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

Already have "The Great White Hope" Huerter. Now if he can go find an athletic 6'11" white kid who can step out and knock down the 3, I'm in!

I would take blue, orange, or pink.  

In all seriousness, it's very odd for a recruiter to go from a program with a new coach that desperately needs him, to essentially their arch rival.  Broadus had to be very close to some recruits and now they are either coming to MD or not going to GTown.   There has to be a story behind this.

http://maryland.247sports.com/Article/Austin-Fontaine-commits-to-Maryland-Terrapins-52421995

BREAKING: Nation's No. 4 DT Fontaine commits to Maryland

Hyattsville (Md.) DeMatha Top247 defensive tackle Austin Fontaine committed to Maryland on Saturday during his visit for the spring game.

The nation's No. 7 defensive tackle per the 247Sports Composite chose to stay local over offers from the likes of Ohio State, Penn State, Clemson, Georgia, Michigan, South Carolina, Tennessee and Virginia Tech.

"Player with incredibly high ceiling," DeMatha coach Elijah Brooks said. "Strong, athletic lineman with great bend and good feet. Great student of the game who will be an impact player for the Terps."

The 6-foot-2, 312-pound Fontaine is commit No. 4 for Maryland early in the 2018 cycle and becomes the jewel of the class. 247Sports ranks him as the No. 57 prospect in the land regardless of position.

DeMatha continues to be good to the Terrapins.

The national powerhouse program sent two four-stars to College Park in last year's cycle in running back Anthony McFarland Jr. and offensive guard Marcus Minor. Four signed with D.J. Durkin and company to close out the 2016 cycle in four-star offensive lineman Terrance Davis, four-star receiver Tino Ellis, running back Lorenzo Harrison and receiver D.J. Turner.

http://maryland.247sports.com/Article/BREAKING-Evan-Gregory-Commits-to-Maryland-52423806

BREAKING: Evan Gregory Commits to Maryland

DeMatha (Md.) 6-foot-4, 285-pound offensive guard Evan Gregory has committed to Maryland. The Terps add a longtime Terp lean and builds local momentum with the defending WCAC

It's a two-for-DeMatha day in College Park.

DeMatha (Md.) 6-foot-4, 285-pound offensive guard Evan Gregory has committed to Maryland, joining blue-chip Stags defensive tackle Austin Fontaine, who also committed Saturday morning. The Terps' pipeline to the WCAC powerhouse continues.

Gregory chose Maryland over Virginia and Rutgers. The local four-star has visited Maryland several times throughout the revruiting cycle and has developed a strong relationship with the coaching staff, mainly offensive line coach Tyler Bowen and defensive backs coach Aazaar Abdul-Rahim.

• Like 1