Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2014 Comprehensive Nfl Draft Database

Dukes and Skins

Will Sutton/posting tips

Haha thanks man I'm sorta new around here so I appreciate the pointers. In response to Will Sutton, when I said quickness I was referring to the speed in which he gets his hands on the opposing linemen as well as his foot quickness and explosiveness out of his stance. 

Well, Brandon Coleman had a solid day, but that game more or less reaffirmed what I already thought.  He's a finesse receiver with good speed who has okay hands and average agility.  I feel like if you want a big guy you want someone who fights for the ball and initiates contact and has strong hands.  If the ball was going to be contested it seemed like Coleman lost every time.  That's okay if the ball is perfectly thrown away from the db, and Coleman definitely got behind some guys on corner or go routes, but I don't know if he has the right combination of traits to succeed in the nfl.

Tuitt I thought was solid.  He seems to have the agility of a guy 50 pounds lighter, but he doesn't seem particularly refined with his hand use and his acceleration was good but not elite.  I'd feel a lot more comfortable drafting him in the 3rd rather than the 2nd, but he's an upgrade on our de's for sure.

Van Noy from last night is a guy I'd still like for our 2nd rounder.  He plays on the outside but I feel like he can play ILB in a 3-4.  He's got great range, flexible hips for coverage, and great anticipation for plays.  Got juked hard by Bishop, but I'll let that one slide as he's typically a sound tackler.  He also gets bounced around on blocks and isn't an intimidator, but has about every tool you'd want in a linebacker.  Perfect fit would probably be WLB in a 4-3, but I like his all-around game.

ASF was also a beast.  I know some think tight end is a luxury but I think he gives us a tool we don't have and so is worth that high pick.  He doesn't replace Reed by any means, they complement each other.  ASF put together some solid blocking with some great catches last night.  Huge catch radius, strong hands and moves well with great speed and agility for his size.  If he's there in the 2nd he's another guy I don't think twice about drafting there.

Well, Brandon Coleman had a solid day, but that game more or less reaffirmed what I already thought.  He's a finesse receiver with good speed who has okay hands and average agility.  I feel like if you want a big guy you want someone who fights for the ball and initiates contact and has strong hands.  If the ball was going to be contested it seemed like Coleman lost every time.  That's okay if the ball is perfectly thrown away from the db, and Coleman definitely got behind some guys on corner or go routes, but I don't know if he has the right combination of traits to succeed in the nfl.

Tuitt I thought was solid.  He seems to have the agility of a guy 50 pounds lighter, but he doesn't seem particularly refined with his hand use and his acceleration was good but not elite.  I'd feel a lot more comfortable drafting him in the 3rd rather than the 2nd, but he's an upgrade on our de's for sure.

Van Noy from last night is a guy I'd still like for our 2nd rounder.  He plays on the outside but I feel like he can play ILB in a 3-4.  He's got great range, flexible hips for coverage, and great anticipation for plays.  Got juked hard by Bishop, but I'll let that one slide as he's typically a sound tackler.  He also gets bounced around on blocks and isn't an intimidator, but has about every tool you'd want in a linebacker.  Perfect fit would probably be WLB in a 4-3, but I like his all-around game.

ASF was also a beast.  I know some think tight end is a luxury but I think he gives us a tool we don't have and so is worth that high pick.  He doesn't replace Reed by any means, they complement each other.  ASF put together some solid blocking with some great catches last night.  Huge catch radius, strong hands and moves well with great speed and agility for his size.  If he's there in the 2nd he's another guy I don't think twice about drafting there.

Van Noy is a 3-4 OLB. I dont think he has ever played inside. Tuitt on the other hand, has no explosiveness off the line and the more I watch him the more he looks like a 3rd round prospect. One prospect who Is most definitely worth a 2nd rounder is ASF. Awesome blocker and an equally good receiver with great hands and great size. If we are thinking of going WR in round 2 we might as well draft a move tight end instead.  

Well, until we get our new HC, time for unrealistic mock drafting!

Here's my favorite from First-Pick.com so far...

Your score is: 4313 (Drafting Ability: A, Player Quality A, Future Draft Picks: N/A)

Your Picks:
Round 2 Pick 18 (NYJ): Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor (A)
Round 2 Pick 31 (DEN): Kony Ealy, DE, Missouri (A)
Round 3 Pick 2: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas (A)
Round 3 Pick 5 (OAK): Will Sutton, DT, Arizona State (A)
Round 3 Pick 19 (MIA): Odell Beckham, WR, LSU (A)
Round 3 Pick 21 (G.B.): Kenny Ladler, FS, Vanderbilt (A)
Round 3 Pick 23 (PHI): Craig Loston, SS, LSU (A)
Round 3 Pick 25 (CINN): Yawin Smallwood, ILB, Connecticut (A)

I would have done better but I misclicked a trade at the end with CIN and gave up all my remaining picks

I love that game ... but they REALLY need to fix the trade situations. It probably doesn't even belong in this thread if you're going to put up an unrealistic draft like that (as far as having a 2nd and 5+ 3rds)

That said, here's the one I came up with ... no unrealistic trades (none at all actually):

Round 2 Pick 2: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor (B+)
Round 3 Pick 2: Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Florida State (A)
Round 4 Pick 2: Bryan Stork, C, Florida State (A)
Round 5 Pick 2: Daniel McCullers, DT, Tennessee (A)
Round 6 Pick 2: Dexter McDougle, CB, Maryland (B-)
Round 7 Pick 2: A.C. Leonard, TE, Tennessee State (B-)

This was under assumption we stick with 3-4. With that draft, you're looking at filling LG, OC, WR2, NT as far as starters are concerned. With that draft, I would hope that we would have nailed down a RT, ILB and FS as prime FA targets to go along with re-signing Rak, Riley, Baker and Hall. Also, obviously, assuming Cousins isn't traded. I've softened on trading him now that Shanahan is gone and he played poorly down the stretch. I don't think RGIII is as "threatened" by him as I thought he would be initially.

Another reason why that site is so worthless when you factor in their trade values? I'm just trying to get a 2nd rounder in a "hypothetical" trade of Cousins. Of course you can't re-assign players for picks ... so the best chance to get a realistic scenario was going to be to trade the Redskins 3rd, 2015 1st and 2016 1st to Houston for their 2nd so that I could use that 2nd to trade back to around the 8th or 9th where I think Cousins might get the "most optimistic" value ... while re-acquiring that 3rd rounder. I thought that was the most reasonable way of retaining that 34th pick and getting another 2nd ...

Well all-be-damned if the Texans, Rams, Jaguars, etc... ALL THE WAY DOWN TO THE BILLS AT 11 ... REJECTED THAT TRADE PROPOSAL. That's when I gave up.

I just had a draft of:

Round 2 Pick 2: Ryan Shazier, OLB, Ohio State (B+)
Round 3 Pick 2: Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh (A-)
Round 4 Pick 2: Bryan Stork, C, Florida State (A)
Round 5 Pick 2: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers (A)
Round 6 Pick 2: Antone Exum, CB, Virginia Tech (A)
Round 7 Pick 2: De'Anthony Thomas, RB, Oregon (C+)

I'd take that in a heartbeat.

Really really liking what Moncrief is showing in his bowl game. Doesn't have elite speed, but finds ways to get seperation and room for the QB to get him the ball. Sure hands.

Here's the thing, he actually does have (what I would call) "elite" speed but he doesn't use it during his routes or out of the breaks. But put on any one of his games, watch the cut-ups, when he has the ball in his hands after a catch, that's when he turns on the jets. I've seen him run away from guys, beat guys who had the angle of pursuit or otherwise just shoot between would-be tacklers.

He's got the speed, I just, I don't see him giving the effort of 100% from the start of the route off the line, nor through the breaks, or to the finish of the route. Frustrating yes, but I see speed after the catch.

Really really liking what Moncrief is showing in his bowl game. Doesn't have elite speed, but finds ways to get seperation and room for the QB to get him the ball. Sure hands.

He reminds me so much of Anquan with how strong he is with the ball.  He'll have a strong and healthy career in the NFL 

Do you think Stork can push to start right away?

I fully think he could start year one with no questions asked. 

Archived