Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Walking Dead Season 7 --Discuss material from the Walking Dead and Talking Dead TV shows ONLY.

steveo21

Love this show, but its turning into how I used to feel about Survivor back in the day...almost as much about rooting for someone to get "voted off" as it is rooting for someone to win challenges and such...I want the useless mother to just die. Just go away, whether they find the girl or not.

Whereas in this last episode, when the blond chick and Daryl were out in the woods alone, I started actually liking her...I can see her being the one ****ing woman on this show that learns how to defend herself and act like a leader, rather than useless dead weight. This is her rough period, but I see her coming through and being kind of a bad ass, with that tortured past.

On that note: they've got all this down time (before the events of this season) while they're traveling, why the hell aren't the women and less skilled men getting constant self-defense lessons, lessons on how to shoot (idk how to do this without wasting ammo, but still), how to handle yourself in a 1-on-1 close encounter with a zombie, and quietly stab it in the brain, etc. I mean, you're living in a world overtaken by these mother****ers, and you're gonna fall on the ground screaming when one gets close? Come on. Especially the blond chick who wanted to die anyways. Part of the reason why I think she'd eventually make a great fearless leader-type is because she doesn't give a **** if she dies...and yet the episode where she's contemplating shooting herself in the head, she ****s her pants and starts having a mental breakdown while being attacked by a zombie? Idk, maybe they wanted to show that she DID want to live, she just didn't know it till then.

I'm not saying I want a group full of elite zombie-hunters where they're all badasses, but come on. They should all be more competent than they are, outside of Sherrif and Shane and Daryl.

I kind of disagree with you last paragraph. Think about it. These are normal people in a world that has gone to ****. They are not going to just step out of their shell shock and become skilled with melee weapons. Sorry not going to happen. At least last night started the talk about weapons trainiing. This is still very early in the zombie era world. The thing you always have to remember in this show is that the characters are the most important and the zombies are just a set piece.

If anyone is interested in reading the comics, I see that the opcinhumor.com site is back up. The site was taken down in July. Copyright issues? Its back now though and all issues except for the last three are on there.

The comic is a much better story than the TV show...but by reading the comic you will spoil most of what you are watching the show for.

Anyone have an explanation for why they would keep the walkers?

why do i try to be subtle and not to give stuff away in case someone didn't see it tonight when we have guys like you :D

and yes, i can immediately think of an explanation...but i'm not going to tell you :)

well...now I knew something was going to up with the head of that house...like hiding that he's some cult type leader with a dark side...but i didn't figure it would involve the rhythmically challenged group...

same! i knew there was something seriously suspect going on there

---------- Post added November-13th-2011 at 10:04 PM ----------

i also wonder if Darrel is going to go off the deep end

why do i try to be subtle and not to give stuff away in case someone didn't see it tonight when we have guys like you :D

and yes, i can immediately think of an explanation...but i'm not going to tell you :)

Anyone coming in here after it's aired should know we will obviously be talking about the most recent episode. Anything that has aired is fair game. This is common knowledge.

Anyone coming in here after it's aired should know we will obviously be talking about the most recent episode. Anything that has aired is fair game. This is common knowledge.

I was messin with ya in a friendly eway, iggy, but don't tell me what's "common knowledge" on this site ;) :evilg: :D

(and I an just kidding again in case the smiley's don't let ya know) :)

---------- Post added November-13th-2011 at 07:18 PM ----------

Ninja it!

I'll Pm ya... watching Hell on Wheels now :)

Okay...im getting kinda bored.

Im all for character development and all, but things have slowed WAY down. First season of this show was a non-stop adrenaline rush. All out chaos.

And now, for the third episode in a row, they're walking the woods looking for the girl. Yawn.

Can anybody who has read the comics tell Me if things pick up anytime soon without spoiling anything?

Archived