Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Super Hero Draft?

KDawg

I saw some interest in this one...

I think if we did it some of the criteria would need to be:

-Cohesion of your team (Do their skills compliment each other?)

-Villains/Heroes can be combined on a team (Do we assume they will fight for the same cause and put their differences aside?)

-Categories of Super Hero/Villain (Power, Mental, Stealth)

What do you guys think? This one would be a fairly small draft... Maybe ten people or so... Teams of 3 or so... Maybe more, I dunno. What's everyone think?

Like I said in the director thread....I'm down with it, but we need to have strict rules on this one.

What would the requirements be....would we be looking for good team cohesion? Power? Guile? Speed? Coolness of character? Popularity (I mean we're going to be voting like the babe one correct?)

There are a few Hard-Core comic enthusiasts here (me included) so we need to get clear rules on this one.

maybe a team of three like the hot chick draft. teams could consist of heros that got their powers from an accident or non natural means(spider-man, hulk, captain america), heroes that are born with their powers(mutants), and heroes that dont have powers but are self made heros(batman, iron man)

Ok, so we got plenty of interest. How do you want to do it?

I say any kind of hero should be allowed. I'm inclined to allow villains.

I don't think the winning team should be based on popularity necessarily, although that could end up happening.

I think it should be more of a match up thing. Does one team have an advantage on the other team? How big of an advantage?

I don't know that we should limit it to any particular type like the hot girl draft (milf, etc.). I think we should allow any super hero combo.

Unless you want to do each team getting 1 villain, 1 hero, 1 miscellaneous.

Any opinions on this?

EDIT: Each team captain would be responsible for putting together their teams biographys.

Each biography would include:

Picture

Arch Nemesis (if one)

Super Powers

Character traits

I also think details such as Super Hero in non hero state shouldn't come in to play. Meaning Banner would never be Banner. Just Hulk. Stark would never be Stark. Just Iron Man. Whats the take on this?

Ok, so we got plenty of interest. How do you want to do it?

I say any kind of hero should be allowed. I'm inclined to allow villains.

I don't think the winning team should be based on popularity necessarily, although that could end up happening.

I think it should be more of a match up thing. Does one team have an advantage on the other team? How big of an advantage?

I don't know that we should limit it to any particular type like the hot girl draft (milf, etc.). I think we should allow any super hero combo.

Unless you want to do each team getting 1 villain, 1 hero, 1 miscellaneous.

Any opinions on this?

I like the idea of having the categories of one who was born with their powers, one who got them through some sort of accident, one who made their abilities and maybe one villian or sidekick.

Everyone else like that rule? I admit it's not my favorite rule, but I could live with it.

One person who attained their powers by an accident.

One person who created their powers.

One person who is a mutant/gained their powers through birth.

One villain.

I just think that limits the draft pool big time.

Everyone else like that rule? I admit it's not my favorite rule, but I could live with it.

One villain.

Would we consider Superman a mutant or an accident since his powers are granted by the sun?

One villain.

That would be interesting, but you're right, a group of four would dry up the pool real quick.

You could just combine the accident/created into one category...and remove the villain category. So we would have two characters chosen:

First: Powers by birth

Second: Powers from an external source (accident/gained/item/weapon)

It would be like a team-up/pair. You could have two heroes, or two villains, or a combo.

Regardless, I'm down with the draft if there is still room.

Well... There's thousands of super heroes/villains around. Just gotta do a little research to find them.

I think three categories is perfect.

One for created/accident.

One for mutant/born.

One miscellaneous.

• 1 month later...

Archived