Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

13th pick

Yomar

in case anyone was wondering, the Skins will pick 13th in the draft. Teams picking in front will be Cincinnati, Detroit, Houston, Chicago, Dallas, Arizona, Minnesota, Seattle, St. Louis, Jacksonville, Carolina, Baltimore, although the specific order of the first 12 hasn't been finalized yet.

At this point, I'd just like to see the BPA (Best Player Available) taken, within reason, of course. If we can get another draft like the 2k2 one under our belts, we'll be in good shape the following year. If there's a great d-lineman at 13, take him. If not, and a genuine shutdown corner is available, I'd take him. If not, and a great WR drops to us, I'd take him. Likewise, I'd do the same thing in the 2nd and third rounds. I want WRs, OGs, Safeties, DTs, DEs, and if a REALLY good CB drops to us, I say we snag him.

it seems to me picking suggs to replace smith seems the obvious pick, if availible. he can really put the pressure on the qb, which anyone who watched the bowl game vs. kansas st. knows, or any az. state game for that matter.

1- Terrel Suggs

2- guard, (Dockery, Manuwai)???

3- D-Back, (Doss, Palumalu, either one of ND's corners)???

5-7- best available talent, hopefully some more defensive backs, a tight end, guard or center

I think you have to pray for defensive line there. It's a pretty strong line draft and you can't go best player available if that player is a linebacker or quarterback so you have to have a targeted spot in the first round. But, like last year, we can maybe trade down if the value isn't there.

I wouldn't want Shockey without his big mouth and attitude. His mouth and attitude has brought a whole new attitude to the whole offense of the Giants. He has had more than just a statistical impact on the Giants. He is more than catches and yards. I love how he gets excited being able to play this game. If he was on the Skins, I am sure his attitude would not bother one Redskin fan on this board.

What about trading up? I keep hearing about wanting to trade down but what about throwing in a 4th or 5th round pick to move up maybe 5 slots and get a bona fide starter?

My thoughts are that you gotta get AT LEAST 2 starters out of the first 3 rounds. So if we can get a solid starter at a need position by giving up a 4th or 5th round pick why not do it?

I'm thinking that a 4th round pick - talent-wise - can be picked up on the FA market.

Thoughts?

Isn't there more than three potential first round DL in this draft? By my count, there are easily a half a dozen first rounders in this group. At least four DT's and four DE's.

Defensive Tackles:

a)Dewayne Robertson DT Kentucky (My pick)

b)Wilfork DT Miami

c)Joseph DT Miami

d)Jimmy Kennedy DT Penn St.

e)Jarrett Johnson DT Alabama

f)Marcus Tubbs DT Texas

Defensive Ends:

a)Suggs DE Arizona St.

b)Micheal Haynes DE Penn St.

c)Jerome McDougle DE Miami

d)Dewayne White DE Louisville

e)Cory Redding DE Texas

f)Kindal Moorehead DE Alabama

Originally posted by Tom [Giants fan]

I wouldn't want Shockey without his big mouth and attitude. His mouth and attitude has brought a whole new attitude to the whole offense of the Giants. He has had more than just a statistical impact on the Giants. He is more than catches and yards. I love how he gets excited being able to play this game. If he was on the Skins, I am sure his attitude would not bother one Redskin fan on this board.

I agree Shockey has brought some much needed attitude to the Giants offense, but Shockey without the attitude isn't too shabby either, he is called Todd Heap.

Cskin, a lot about where the players end up getting ranked and taken in the draft is still to be judged. There are the workouts, the individual workouts, the combine, etc. Some now promoted as high picks will fall due to shabby workouts; some will rise due to phenomenal workouts (just like Mamula did).

Just because someone says three first round DL, doesn't mean there won't be 5 or 6.

Originally posted by Tom [Giants fan]

Agree 1000%

Why is everybody saying that we need to draft a CB now? That along with LB is one of the positions we should be looking at the least. I mean, sure Smoot had a somewhat off play or two this game, but that doesn't meanthat CB is one of our most needy positions in the draft. I think that we still need DL first. Everything else will come.

CB isn't a pressing need. Bauman was decent this year, and he will be able to take Darrell's spot next year.

The Smoot question is still up in the air, but we should give him one more year. He proved enough in his rookie year that I'm willing to pass off his struggles on the learning curve.

You can pretty much bet that whatever position out of DE/WR we don't address in the first round, we'll be addressing in free agency.

Suggs as our first rounder and Price as our FA pickup would not be bad.

I meant the #4 corner spot. We need someone for that.

As for smoot, we need to recognize that putting bailey on the other side of the field makes smoots job harder. He's going to be picked on for the next tem years (hopefully) and will look bad at times because people are afraid to throw near champ.

People calling for smoots head need to chill. He's our second CB and he has been the best second CB in the league this year. He's no champ bailey. He's no darrell green. Heck, He's been better than deion when he came here. Our pass D is a strength not a weakness, especially when we are in man to man.

That said, we need a #4 corner.

-DB

and the funny thing is of all the 12 teams ahead of us in the draft,we beat 5 of them being tennessee,indy,arizona,seattle,rams and dallas.

and only lost to 2 being jaguars and splitting with cowboys.

so now i dont feel bad about those teams getting higher picks than us considering we beat almost all of them.

Archived